Klorane Dry Shampoo with Nettle - Oily Hair

4.3

Ever since, I’ve started to use natural shampoo (no SLS), I’ve found my hair is quite limp looking and need a bit of volume. That’s how I started to use dry shampoo for volume and freshness. I quite like Klorane in comparison to Batiste as one bottle last for a longer period. In terms of effectiveness, I’ve found this one gives me a natural look and freshness texture (while Batistehas has a waxy look)

Overall, it’s a great product. I’m going to try one for darker hair.

The best dry shampoo I've tried and I have tried many. Minimal scent, does not leave white cast to hair. Soaks up all the oilies. It is not super cheap but I have repurchased numerous times because it works.

My absolute HG dry shampoo that I buy in bulk when it's on sale (about five or six cans at a time) and always have a travel-sized can in my purse. I've tried close to a dozen of the readily available brands like Tresemme, Herbal Essence's, Garnier Fructis, Batiste, Toni & Guy, Lee Stafford etc and none of them hold a candle to this product. I've been using this for about three or four years. I usually use this in the morning on my no-wash days. Hold the can about 20cm away and then spray at the spray at the roots on the hairline, side parts and middle parts. Shake it out with fingers or brush through with a comb. Don't use a board bristle as it will catch and remove the product and gunk up your brush faster. I have oily hair that is thick, black, straight and healthy, but am trying to extend the length of time between shampoos.

Pros: Super fine mist that easily blends into the hair and can be brushed out immediately. Some brands will need a minute or so to settle, but not with this one. No white residue. Immediately volumises. Doesn't make my hair look stiff or greasy. Doesn't make my scalp itchy. Smells light and botanical, not perfumey. A little goes a long way.

Cons: Seems to run out faster than other cans of dry shampoo. A bit exxy compared to other brands available, but they do offer a duo pack that is offers a lot of value.

As a side note, I always hear about Batiste being a great product. I mean, sure it's available everywhere, and super affordable, but I find their entire range of scents overpowering and nauseating (which I suppose is good if your hair is beginning to smell) and it always leaves a white cast no matter how I spray it and style my hair afterwards. If you're looking for a more subtle product, this is for you.

I am reviewing the dry shampoo with nettle, for oily hair.

This product works pretty well, adds volume, and does a good job preventing the hair from getting greasy for the rest of the day. Virtually no scent. I didn't find the powder too difficult to comb out of my dark hair.

The problem is that there's not very much in the can, so it's actually really expensive.

I'm trying to switch from washing my hair every day to every 2 days, so my hair gets pretty oily on the 2nd day, so maybe I am using more product than other people are. Or maybe I just need more practise aiming it. Anyway, I used it every 2 to 3 days and it lasted like 3 weeks.

Will still repurchase since it works for me - maybe the next can won't go by so quickly! O_o

I'm am reviewing the one for oily hair with the green cap. This product does a good job for a drug store dry shampoo but it sucks when you go to wash your hair and your hair is just a rats nest, I don't understand why it makes its so tangled once I go to shampoo, I won't be buying this again

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have greasy roots and I have been looking for a dry shampoo to make my hair washes last longer. I was using Batiste dry shampoo before this but a family member recommended that I try this (I am using the one with the green cap- with nettle extract). I like the smell of this, it is not as strong as Batiste's. I thought that this worked really well for my hair, it made my hair appear less greasy and added volume. I haven't used a lot of dry shampoo's so I don't know if dry shampoos really work that well in general, but this seems to work just fine.

My only complaints include that it is a bit expensive for the quantity you get and that it makes my scalp a bit itchy if I use it two days in a row (but that could just mean that it's time to wash my hair).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have never used dry shampoo before, but I was in Paris and wanted to buy this already for a long time, so this was my chance.
I have the version for oily hair, what I have on the second day after washing.
Pro:
it is effective
it does leave a white mist, but after a little massage it is gone
it gives your hair more grip and volume
it is quick
Con:
it is finished very fast
my hair feels dirty after using

I don't like styling products in my hair, because it always leaves me with the feeling that I want to wash my hair again, this gives me the same feeling. But for emergencies it does its job, so probably I will buy it again.

Edit March 2015: I bought the non-aerosol version and don't like it at all. It is very difficult to apply, you have to squeeze the bottle, but then you receive too much product or not enough. What I do now is put it in my hands and distribute from my hands. It is not very effective and my scalp becomes itchy after a few hours. I like the aerosol version more, I can spray that one more on my hair and less on my scalp, so I get more texture in my fine hair and prevent my scalp to become itchy.

Edit December 2015: Have the normal version now and that is great to give my hair volume and grip on the second day. Especially if I want to make a side braid or do an updo. I like it again now.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

If you have combination hair - greasy roots and dry ends - you will know what a nightmare it can be. I am sick of my crown being like glue while the rest of my hair is like hay. This stuff is a lifesaver. I use it on the second day, just spray a few puffs onto the crown, leave for a couple of minutes, and brush or work through with my fingers. It sucks up all the gunge from the roots and leaves the rest looking shiny, bouncy and just washed. I have never noticed any white residue. Total HG product.

For info: I have very thick, coarse, wavy hair, dark brown, in a bob. I used the nettle (ortie) dry shampoo.