Escada Ibiza Hippie

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Escada Ibiza Hippie

on 8/15/2010 10:49:00 PM

Man, I love (or should I say loved since they still have never brought it back to my knowledge) this perfume so much. I definitely love fruity scents (one of my other favorite perfumes is the green DKNY Be Delicious and Lush's Avobath) and I like some florals but not all. I felt this was more complex, heady and sexy than most beach and tropical themed scents. I really wish they would bring this back, even if it's just for one season. I have kept my empty bottle and still ocassionally take a sniff to reminisce. It's pretty sad. I can't bring myself to pay 99 dollars for a bottle now as I'm pretty cheap and I do remember this being a decent price when it was around.

Of all the Escada fragrances I own, this has to be my personal favourite. It is a fruity-floral, yes. But it is deep enough and complex enough to where it can work for a special event and not smell too immature, while still fun enough to be able to be worn after tanning or for a day at the beach. It's a shame this was only seasonal, however I have found that Ocean Lounge is a fairly decent dupe for it.

on 9/18/2008 12:27:00 AM

This is a great summer fragrance, I definitely wouldn't recommend it for any other seasons, but it is a fun mix of fruits and beachy smells. Great price and staying power

on 8/18/2008 6:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Absolutely delicous!!! This is one of my HG perfumes, the other being 'Stella'. Top notes are black currant, cassia, peach, litchi and pear; middle notes are cranberry, freesia and hiacynth; base notes are sandalwood, amber and musk. It's one of the nicest perfumes I own, I absolutely adore it!

on 8/1/2008 9:52:00 PM

in my humble opinion, escada fragrances are just about the worst thing on the market. they are all pretty much interchangeable. they all smell like some variation of waptooie. (SICKENINGLY sweet and fruity). this is no exception. rancid fruit and alcohol.

i also find the bottles, the advertising campaigns, and even the names of the fragrances obnoxious, and childish. especially this one. ibiza hippie? gag. i'd probably buy something called "ibiza dj" though, lol.

I have other Escada fragrances, including LE ones, but I had never tried Ibiza Hippie because it was discontinued before I was aware of LE Escada fragrances. However, I enjoy reading the reviews on this website and I saw that Ibiza was very popular, and so it stayed in my mind and I knew that the only way to obtain this discontinued fragrance would be online. So, I found it and bought it and I must say that it was worth EVERY penny I spent and then some! I love all my perfume and would not pick an HG, but this one is one of my top picks. I would say that this one is slightly less tropical than some of the other LEs, but it is so fresh, fruity, and delicious smelling! If I had to sum this fragrance up in one word it would be RED! Very berry, fresh and fabulous. The drydown reminds me a little of Be Delicious by DKNY. Many complain of the lasting power but I layered this with my Bath and Body works Pomegranate lotion, and it gave it a slightly darker but much more long lasting smell. Also I spray it on my hair and clothes from time to time which helps. This is an EDT though, so it is not going to last infinitely, but I will not hesitate to reapply, and when this 3.4 oz bottle is gone, I will be repurchasing!! Wonderful!

Smells like a big summery fruit cocktail of tropical fruits! Very yummy smelling! The lasting power is not too bad, but my favourite part is that initial blast of fruitiness....so I do re-apply a couple of times during the day to enjoy it all over again :-) Although I like it, I wouldn't re-purchase, as I find all these (Island Kiss etc etc) to be very similar....so I would just move on to whatever they bring out next!

on 8/4/2005 4:58:00 PM

Yuck. It smelled like cheap fruit punch on me. I can't imagine wanting to wear this as a fragrance.

on 6/28/2005 3:39:00 PM

I love this perfume!! Why? GUYS LOVE IT!!!!I've had so many guys comment on my perfume while I was wearing this!!!The usual is..."ummmm what is that? you smell good!!" GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME TO WEAR IT lol!!!! I also love the fact that Escada fragrances are "limited addition" so not a lot of people are wearing the same perfume as you...I HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS.

on 5/31/2005 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Love this stuff! Really reminds me of Tropical Punch, with a stronger floral rather than fruity note. I have a hard time telling them apart, but I don't mind the similarity because I love them so much! I will repurchase!

Popular Fragrances