Escada Ibiza Hippie

Escada Ibiza Hippie

4.2

on 2/17/2009 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This review is for the edt. Fruity floral fragrance with poor lasting power. The first 10 minutes I feel like a walking swedish berry. Then fragrance turns into a mild lily-floral, musky scent. After 1/2 hour, I cannot smell anything at all. I paid top dollar for Ibiza Hippie when it first came out a few years ago. Now it's discontinued, which is fine. Won't be purchasing again.
Edit Aug, 2010: I've been reaching for Ibiza Hippie quite a bit this summer. It's actually quite a fun fragrance to wear and I've now used the majority of my bottle. I've upped my rating to 4 lippies and would repurchase if it wasn't so hard to find.

I was never into fragrances until Ibiza Hippie. It's candy scent is reminiscent of some of my favorite flavors of Hubba Bubba or Bubble Yum back in the 80's. I'm the type of girl that enjoys perfume for sentimental reasons. Love it! Very youthful, flirty, and not-to-serious.

This is my fav LE Escada fragrance. I even sought it out on Ebay after I ran out to purchase my next bottle. Yes all their LE fragrances are similar, but they are not the same. This is my favorite and I was extremely disappointed when I discovered it was discontinued. Love the light fruity scent. I wear it year round when I don't want a heavy perfume. Now that smoking is banned in most Philly bars I find I don't need my normal night time perfume Escape. Now that I don't have to compete with the smoke I can use this no matter what time of day it is.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Escada changes this tropical perfume every Christmas season. They have tweak just a tad, but they stay pretty close to the same scent. This does take me somewhere tropical everytime I put it on. I love the fruity-floral notes that it has. The staying power needs to improve significantly, for the price that they charge for this. This is LE, so I cannot buy this again, but I would if I could.

I love fruity, bright, summer scents and I've been very curious about the whole line of Escada perfumes. This is the only one I've tried and I really love wearing it. It seems to cheer me up and put me in a better mood. It smells fresh and fruity and juicy, like I can almost taste the fruit and it's sweet without being way over the top. Theres a hint of floral in the mix and it's all blended together perfectly. If I close my eyes, I can almost imagine that I'm at the beach sipping a tropical drink. It's wonderful and I really enjoy wearing it. This is quickly becoming my new favorite scent. The staying power is just okay. The bottle is very pretty and well suited to the fragrance. I will buy this again when I run out. It's a summer staple for me. This is a great summertime scent. I can't wait to try more Escada fragrances. Love it!

on 2/18/2007 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

It's sweet and it's fruity, but I love it. I don't wear fragrance every day but when I do it's usually this. I thought it would be too koolaid for me but I love it and get compliments also. Besides I love the name

i wish this wasn't limited edition. i went through a whole ordeal to get it. my friend had it and i fell in love with it. first i couldnt afford it so i ordered a copycat perfume oil of it off ebay and i loved it, but i still wanted the real thing. finally my bf got me a real bottle off ebay and i wear it all the time. i can't imagine people describing it as fruity. i actually hate fruity, sweet smelling perfumes but this is my absolute favorite. i think its sexy and mysterious. i'm also into the bohemian/hippie thing(hence my member name) and oh yea, im brazilian. ibiza..hippie. yea maybe that has something to do with it. but mostly its just that sexy smell that i cant really describe. i dont know what ill do when my bottle runs out!!

on 12/11/2004 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Phew! This is a good example of a cheap, sweet fragrance a person with at least a bit of good taste wouldn't wear. Pass it.

on 11/13/2004 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a gorgeous, gorgeous fragrance! I received some of this in a swap and I am bowled over! I sort of expected that it would smell like patchouli or sandalwood or something by the name of it. It doesn't smell like either to me. My husband is crazy about the fragrance and I fell in love with it at first sniff!!!

on 4/9/2004 2:08:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Although the scent is pleasant enough not too overwelming, I wouldn't buy it again. Initially I liked it, but the second time I used it, I felt it was just a tad strong. I prefer the Tropical Punch or Island Kiss which IMO are fruitier.