Escada Ibiza Hippie

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Escada Ibiza Hippie

3.7

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Way too much like "over-the-counter-CVS/Rite-Aid/Eckerd-type of body sprays that had too much of a sweet/fruity fragrance to it. I thought Escada would cater more to the sensuous/woodsy notes more than the overt tutti-frutti this and that type of thing. Maybe good for others but in my case, I'll pass.

on 1/24/2005 2:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i tried this in winter when it just came out. I forgot about this perfume for a long time and decide to get it last summer. So i got it at a perfume store in Pacific Centre in Vancouver, and it smelled nothing like the scent i remember. the strong candy-like strawberry smell was nowhere to be found. instead, there was only the dry down left in the bottle. Maybe i bought this at a wrong store, because the box was open and the red paint on the bottle was smeared on the box. anyway, it still smelled like strawberry a little bit....the smell's ok...but i grew tired of it really quick. All escada limited edition series smell almost the same. so i don't think i'll buy any of escada le series since until i run out of ibiza hippie(which is very unlikely to happen). if you like strawberry, try time for pleasure by versace. it's cheaper, smells refreshing, less heavy and cuter.
Im still giving ibiza 4 lippies because i clearly remember how it smelled when i first tried it at a mall. i don't think i'll ever buy a perfume at the shop in pacific centre, ever again.

on 7/14/2004 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this fruity scent for summer, but it just doesn't last. If it lasted longer, I would repurchase in a second!

on 9/18/2003 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really really wanted to love this scent. Since I totally adore Sexy Graffiti, and have read that they were similiar, I rushed out to get this. I guess the major disappointment for me was that, while they may have a few similiar notes, they do not smell alike at all. I might have built my expectations too high, though. This was just a tad too sweet for my taste.

on 2/17/2009 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This review is for the edt. Fruity floral fragrance with poor lasting power. The first 10 minutes I feel like a walking swedish berry. Then fragrance turns into a mild lily-floral, musky scent. After 1/2 hour, I cannot smell anything at all. I paid top dollar for Ibiza Hippie when it first came out a few years ago. Now it's discontinued, which is fine. Won't be purchasing again.
Edit Aug, 2010: I've been reaching for Ibiza Hippie quite a bit this summer. It's actually quite a fun fragrance to wear and I've now used the majority of my bottle. I've upped my rating to 4 lippies and would repurchase if it wasn't so hard to find.

on 12/4/2006 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this! The fruity-floral smell is really refreshing. *Thumbs up*

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Lovely fruity berry smell. A bit strong on initial application but fades down quickly to something light and summery.

Problem is that it fades a bit too quickly. Staying power was minimal - it lingered only slightly. But I guess I'll test it in the humid summer heat and see how it holds out b/c I don't like too strong scents that cling then. continued >>

on 3/31/2003 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

well, i detect slight fruit scent for about 30 seconds. i CANNOT smell this on me, so i spray it like MAD all over. The first day i wore it, got a compliment on my new "blueberry" scent (which didn't offend me since i like blueberries very much) and a nice compliment from my VERY attractive chiropractor who loves the smell but couldn't understand the name!
i will wear this because of the effect it has on other people (i rarely get compliments on scent from people i am not intimate with! ;)
and on days where i don't want to smell anything.
cute bottle, average price.
i will burn through this bottle very quickly since i do not realize the smell (i have the EDP, so i would think it would last/be noticed).
Great if you like fruity sweet scents, and a good choice for a light spring/summer fragrance.
(at least that's what the people who can smell it told me!)

on 5/31/2005 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Love this stuff! Really reminds me of Tropical Punch, with a stronger floral rather than fruity note. I have a hard time telling them apart, but I don't mind the similarity because I love them so much! I will repurchase!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Sweet and fruity. I always loving most of escada seasonal fragrances, and this one is not an exceptions. Lovely smell.