Escada Ibiza Hippie

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Escada Ibiza Hippie

4.2

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This would be such a FABULOUS frangrance if only it lasted!! It's like a glorified body spray and it's such a shame!! I bought it anyway because it smells like raspberry jolly ranchers my favorite candy!!

on 3/7/2011 9:02:00 PM

I used to buy all the Escada LE fragrances when they would come out, but they all pretty much smell the same and as I am getting older its not the type of scent that I am very attracted to anymore. I still like this for summertime and vacations but I like something a little more complex and deep. This fragrance (and all the others) are very fruity and fun. It's something you wear on a summer night on a date or to a party, not something you wear to a job interview or any time you want to be taken seriously. I do think the bottles are pretty and look nice in with my other perfumes in my collection, they just don't get a lot of love anymore.

Of all the Escada fragrances I own, this has to be my personal favourite. It is a fruity-floral, yes. But it is deep enough and complex enough to where it can work for a special event and not smell too immature, while still fun enough to be able to be worn after tanning or for a day at the beach. It's a shame this was only seasonal, however I have found that Ocean Lounge is a fairly decent dupe for it.

on 10/12/2008 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm very sensitive to many of the rich, heady fragrances that are so loved by many. I prefer the lovely, young and fruity-fresh scents, and Ibiza Hippie is one of my all-time favourites. A few spritzes and I am transported back to a time of playfullness, magic and fun. The fruity notes do seem to dry down quite quickly on me, and in general I wish the entire scent wouldn't fade so fast. This fragrance is pretty much my favourite for summer, but it also sneaks its way into my winter lineup as well, and is always complimented.

on 7/29/2008 7:27:00 PM

What can I say....this was my favorite perfume ever!! Now all I can find online are edts and they don't have the staying power that the edp has. Guess I will buy Island Kiss it is somewhat similar but not the same :(

I have other Escada fragrances, including LE ones, but I had never tried Ibiza Hippie because it was discontinued before I was aware of LE Escada fragrances. However, I enjoy reading the reviews on this website and I saw that Ibiza was very popular, and so it stayed in my mind and I knew that the only way to obtain this discontinued fragrance would be online. So, I found it and bought it and I must say that it was worth EVERY penny I spent and then some! I love all my perfume and would not pick an HG, but this one is one of my top picks. I would say that this one is slightly less tropical than some of the other LEs, but it is so fresh, fruity, and delicious smelling! If I had to sum this fragrance up in one word it would be RED! Very berry, fresh and fabulous. The drydown reminds me a little of Be Delicious by DKNY. Many complain of the lasting power but I layered this with my Bath and Body works Pomegranate lotion, and it gave it a slightly darker but much more long lasting smell. Also I spray it on my hair and clothes from time to time which helps. This is an EDT though, so it is not going to last infinitely, but I will not hesitate to reapply, and when this 3.4 oz bottle is gone, I will be repurchasing!! Wonderful!

This is my fav LE Escada fragrance. I even sought it out on Ebay after I ran out to purchase my next bottle. Yes all their LE fragrances are similar, but they are not the same. This is my favorite and I was extremely disappointed when I discovered it was discontinued. Love the light fruity scent. I wear it year round when I don't want a heavy perfume. Now that smoking is banned in most Philly bars I find I don't need my normal night time perfume Escape. Now that I don't have to compete with the smoke I can use this no matter what time of day it is.

on 10/2/2007 3:44:00 AM

This is how it smells like with my body chemistry.

Ibiza Hippie: lychee, black currant blends with the florals and cranberry is the heart of IH.
i agree that it sort of smell like strawberry but it isn't added, probably due to the yummy berries.

Island Kiss: mango and pineapple is blended with the heart passion fruit and brightened with orange.
IMO without passion fruit, island kiss wouldn't have it's distinctive scent. the dry down gets
deeper and less sharp (orange) which smells really nice candy(not overpowering to me). This lasts the
longest on me.

Rockin Rio: the top note is refreshing and it is lighter than IK but it has the same mango notes.

Pacific Paradise: i smell mango in this but it can never beat island kiss passion fruit note.

Sunset Heat: smells sort of like mango, orange apricot. I think this has the worst lasting power,
well hey, its FRUITS. Refreshing too..

Overall: IMO, 1. ibiza 2. Island Kiss 3. Sunset heat and Rockin Rio 4. pacific paradise last

I dislike reading complaints of ESCADA's lasting power..
The lasting power really varies in the notes used as all are EDT. (EDP lasts longer than EDT)

Not much to complain about but I'm SICK of smelling MANGO for RR, PP, SH for their
editions! All lasts quite long on me except SH(it has lighter notes).

I'm looking foward for next year's edition and I don't regret purchasing IH and IK especially.

on 8/26/2007 3:38:00 PM

I adore it. It's so sweet and fruity and reminds me of strawberries, Yummy.

on 12/4/2006 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this! The fruity-floral smell is really refreshing. *Thumbs up*