Escada Ibiza Hippie

Escada Ibiza Hippie

3.3

on 2/17/2009 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This review is for the edt. Fruity floral fragrance with poor lasting power. The first 10 minutes I feel like a walking swedish berry. Then fragrance turns into a mild lily-floral, musky scent. After 1/2 hour, I cannot smell anything at all. I paid top dollar for Ibiza Hippie when it first came out a few years ago. Now it's discontinued, which is fine. Won't be purchasing again.
Edit Aug, 2010: I've been reaching for Ibiza Hippie quite a bit this summer. It's actually quite a fun fragrance to wear and I've now used the majority of my bottle. I've upped my rating to 4 lippies and would repurchase if it wasn't so hard to find.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Way too much like "over-the-counter-CVS/Rite-Aid/Eckerd-type of body sprays that had too much of a sweet/fruity fragrance to it. I thought Escada would cater more to the sensuous/woodsy notes more than the overt tutti-frutti this and that type of thing. Maybe good for others but in my case, I'll pass.

on 5/31/2005 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Love this stuff! Really reminds me of Tropical Punch, with a stronger floral rather than fruity note. I have a hard time telling them apart, but I don't mind the similarity because I love them so much! I will repurchase!

on 7/14/2004 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this fruity scent for summer, but it just doesn't last. If it lasted longer, I would repurchase in a second!

on 9/18/2003 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really really wanted to love this scent. Since I totally adore Sexy Graffiti, and have read that they were similiar, I rushed out to get this. I guess the major disappointment for me was that, while they may have a few similiar notes, they do not smell alike at all. I might have built my expectations too high, though. This was just a tad too sweet for my taste.

on 3/31/2003 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

well, i detect slight fruit scent for about 30 seconds. i CANNOT smell this on me, so i spray it like MAD all over. The first day i wore it, got a compliment on my new "blueberry" scent (which didn't offend me since i like blueberries very much) and a nice compliment from my VERY attractive chiropractor who loves the smell but couldn't understand the name!
i will wear this because of the effect it has on other people (i rarely get compliments on scent from people i am not intimate with! ;)
and on days where i don't want to smell anything.
cute bottle, average price.
i will burn through this bottle very quickly since i do not realize the smell (i have the EDP, so i would think it would last/be noticed).
Great if you like fruity sweet scents, and a good choice for a light spring/summer fragrance.
(at least that's what the people who can smell it told me!)