Soap & Glory One Heck of A Blot Instant Perfecting Power Primer

Soap & Glory One Heck of A Blot Instant Perfecting Power Primer

4.1

Aqua (Water / Eau), Glycerin, Dimethicone, Pentaerythrityl Tetrabehenate, Butylene Glycol, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Hydroxethyl Acrylate / Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Sodium Acrylate / Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Polysilicone-11, Acrylates / C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Isohexadecane, Enantia Chlorantha Bark Extract, Ethylhexylglycerin, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Polysorbate 80, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caramel, Sorbitan Oleate, Polysorbate 60, Sorbitan Isostearate, Oleanolic Acid, CI 16035 (Red 40).

on 9/5/2018 12:54:00 PM

Honestly not a fan. I found this really dries out my skin and makes any concealer I put on afterwards flake off really badly

on 8/22/2018 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I don't understand all the positive reviews for this, I could swear it's making my foundation fall off my face faster! I have v oily skin though so this might be ok for combo or normal skin types - Ive actually stopped wearing it because it does nothing, only pro is that it does not break my sensitive skin out.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

While this product did not work for me personally, I think that people with oily or combo-oily skin should absolutely try this out. I have dry skin, so a super-mattifying primer probably wasn't the best thing for me to try in the first place, but I am always on the hunt for products to help keep my makeup on and keep it from breaking down. Until i tried this, the most mattifying primer that I'd tried was the one from Becca, but S&G's version blew that out of the water. From the time that I put this on until I took my makeup off I did not get oily in the slightest. With dry skin that is obviously a problem, but I could see this working really well for people with actual moisture in their skin due to how much it counteracts excess oil. On those skin types, I do not think it would be over-drying. It is affordable, easy to find, and the packaging is nice as well.

on 9/30/2017 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this primer! It helps keep my makeup on forever. Doesn’t have a gross silicone texture, I like the squeeze tube, and you get a lot for the price! I reach for this over my Lorac and Tarte primers, and I have a very oily shiny t-zone that this seems to eliminate when I wear it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My new favorite primer! I was using the Porefessional and I was getting a little tired of it, as I don’t feel like it was helping my makeup last. I picked this up on a whim and I’m so glad I did. It’s so lightweight and helps my makeup go on so smooth and I can actual tell it helps prolong my foundation too. If you have oily skin I definitely recommend this. Plus it’s a great value when you compare it to high end primers.

on 8/25/2017 5:38:00 PM

I'm not a consistent primer wearer, I usually wear one when I go out or if I have a long day at work. I've tried some here and there and more lately have been looking for one that will shrink my pores. I don't have incredibly oily skin but it can get shiny sometimes. I got this at ulta for $14. Not horrible. I've had it a few months but with everyday use I'm not sure how quick I'd run out. This is definitely more lotion feeling, not silicone which I like. It smooths on really easily and I le it set for at least 10 minutes before I apply foundation on top. Creates a nice base, doesn't make my skin look perfect or anything but I don't think any primer can/will do that. I don't really think it shrinks my pores but it helps my makeup last longer and look good at the end of the day. I guess helps with any oiliness too but like I said, I'm not really oily. It comes out light pink but the color doesn't translate to the skin. I typically use this on my cheeks and kind of press it in since that's where my pores are most prominent. I'll then swipe it over my nose and chin, then pat in. Excess gets dragged under to my neck and I use a minimal amount on my forehead. Overall a good primer, and am considering using it everyday when I start my new job next week. There are other primers I want to try and I have the catrice one in the pot I need to try as well. But overall I do like this primer and it's better than the porefessional and various smashbox ones I've tried. I'll use this up, probably experiment in others and If I don't like any buy this again or might just buy again to keep in my rotation.

So far so good with this primer, it keeps me matte most of the day either under foundation or alone over moisturiser and it hasn't caused any clogging or break outs, it comes in a travel friendly squeezy tube and by the looks of it will last me a long time, I did find it abit pricey for a drugstore brand but so far I would repurchase

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Holy smokes does this work! It doesn't take much at all, it spreads well and does a great job of minimizing pores to boot. I put this on at 630am and i'm still matte at 830 at night. It does make me wonder if it might be a bit *too* matte come winter and cooler weather, but for now, in the hot and humid Sunny South, this is a dream.

on 6/15/2017 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is my HG primer. I am extremely acne prone and oily. I have tried a ton of primers and before trying this primer they all broke me out except for Becca Ever Matte. The Becca primer didn't break me out, but it isn't really a good primer IMO. This primer does't break me out. My guess is because it's doesn't contain cylops like almost every other primer on the market. Also, it is a great primer. It goes on smooth, but not greasy and it really does help my makeup hold up better throughout the day. I just love it so much.

on 5/24/2017 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

My new HG primer! My daughter turned me on to this recently and I tried her tube while visiting her. I was instantly sold. It's a creamy primer, not "siliconey" like many others. My previous HG primer was Clinique's, which is still a good one, but this one just feels better to me. My makeup not only looked beautiful over it, it stayed that way!