Soap & Glory One Heck of A Blot Instant Perfecting Power Primer

Soap & Glory One Heck of A Blot Instant Perfecting Power Primer

4.4

on 9/30/2017 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this primer! It helps keep my makeup on forever. Doesn’t have a gross silicone texture, I like the squeeze tube, and you get a lot for the price! I reach for this over my Lorac and Tarte primers, and I have a very oily shiny t-zone that this seems to eliminate when I wear it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My new favorite primer! I was using the Porefessional and I was getting a little tired of it, as I don’t feel like it was helping my makeup last. I picked this up on a whim and I’m so glad I did. It’s so lightweight and helps my makeup go on so smooth and I can actual tell it helps prolong my foundation too. If you have oily skin I definitely recommend this. Plus it’s a great value when you compare it to high end primers.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Holy smokes does this work! It doesn't take much at all, it spreads well and does a great job of minimizing pores to boot. I put this on at 630am and i'm still matte at 830 at night. It does make me wonder if it might be a bit *too* matte come winter and cooler weather, but for now, in the hot and humid Sunny South, this is a dream.

on 8/25/2017 5:38:00 PM

I'm not a consistent primer wearer, I usually wear one when I go out or if I have a long day at work. I've tried some here and there and more lately have been looking for one that will shrink my pores. I don't have incredibly oily skin but it can get shiny sometimes. I got this at ulta for $14. Not horrible. I've had it a few months but with everyday use I'm not sure how quick I'd run out. This is definitely more lotion feeling, not silicone which I like. It smooths on really easily and I le it set for at least 10 minutes before I apply foundation on top. Creates a nice base, doesn't make my skin look perfect or anything but I don't think any primer can/will do that. I don't really think it shrinks my pores but it helps my makeup last longer and look good at the end of the day. I guess helps with any oiliness too but like I said, I'm not really oily. It comes out light pink but the color doesn't translate to the skin. I typically use this on my cheeks and kind of press it in since that's where my pores are most prominent. I'll then swipe it over my nose and chin, then pat in. Excess gets dragged under to my neck and I use a minimal amount on my forehead. Overall a good primer, and am considering using it everyday when I start my new job next week. There are other primers I want to try and I have the catrice one in the pot I need to try as well. But overall I do like this primer and it's better than the porefessional and various smashbox ones I've tried. I'll use this up, probably experiment in others and If I don't like any buy this again or might just buy again to keep in my rotation.

on 6/15/2017 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is my HG primer. I am extremely acne prone and oily. I have tried a ton of primers and before trying this primer they all broke me out except for Becca Ever Matte. The Becca primer didn't break me out, but it isn't really a good primer IMO. This primer does't break me out. My guess is because it's doesn't contain cylops like almost every other primer on the market. Also, it is a great primer. It goes on smooth, but not greasy and it really does help my makeup hold up better throughout the day. I just love it so much.

So far so good with this primer, it keeps me matte most of the day either under foundation or alone over moisturiser and it hasn't caused any clogging or break outs, it comes in a travel friendly squeezy tube and by the looks of it will last me a long time, I did find it abit pricey for a drugstore brand but so far I would repurchase

on 5/24/2017 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

My new HG primer! My daughter turned me on to this recently and I tried her tube while visiting her. I was instantly sold. It's a creamy primer, not "siliconey" like many others. My previous HG primer was Clinique's, which is still a good one, but this one just feels better to me. My makeup not only looked beautiful over it, it stayed that way!

on 4/24/2017 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have INCREDIBLY oily skin, and nothing I have ever tried keeps me matte longer than about an hour. Literally. I can see this product working well for someone with only slightly oily skin, but this did nothing for me. It did feel nice upon first application, I'll give it that, but it did not make a difference at all in how long my makeup lasted and did not reduce any oil or shine. I even applied it to only half my face a few times just so I could do a side by side comparison, and it made no difference. I'm so bummed. I wanted to love this! If you have severely oily skin like I do, I would pass this up.

on 5/6/2017 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

I have super oily skin and have tried many different primers, both drugstore and high end. Most of do pretty much nothing in terms of controlling oil and keeping my foundation on longer. I was using Murad Mattifying moisturizer as a primer. It worked great, but has one major drawback. The $40 pricetag. Then I found this. I read a lot of rave reviews, but honestly, I had pretty low expectations. I love the texture of this product. Its almost like a lotion. It absorbs quickly and foundation applies flawlessly on top. It also does a fantastic job controlling my oil. My foundation now lasts all day. I tried this with Cover Girl Ready, Set, Georgeous. Without this primer, im lucky if I get 4 hours of wear before it starts disappearing. But with this, it still looks great over12hrs later. I've also used it with Estee Lauder Doublewear Light. Works great with that too. I have found my Holy Grail primer. I bought this for $11.99 @Target. Love it and highly recommend for oily skinned gals.

on 1/4/2017 4:37:00 PM

love love love. my skin is weird it has dry patches buy it gets oily to fix that I guess. I new I liked this primer after four hours of wear, usually around that time my nose has no product and I start to get a tad shiny. now after 8 1/2 hours in a little shiny (more of a healthy glow) while using too faced born this way. that foundation is slightly dewy and moisturizing. love this primer