MISSHA Geum Sul First Essence Booster

MISSHA Geum Sul First Essence Booster
Geum Sul First Essence BoosterGeum Sul First Essence Booster

4.5

on 2/12/2018 6:21:00 PM

I had a sample of this not knowing what it was. When I opened it up, the texture looked like a serum to me, so I applied it after my regular first essence water and hada labo gokujyun lotion. The texture reminds me of a slightly denser hada labo lotion, but with a translucent amber color and gold specks. It has a smooth feel to it as it glides on my skin and absorbs quickly. After just 3-4 uses day and night, I just noticed my skin looking really clear, bright, and plump this morning. I’m racking my brain to see if there was any other product I’ve been using that would have made such a difference to my skin. I had used a sheet mask the previous week, but I can’t imagine that having such a delayed effect. I finally researched what this product could have been and found that it’s actually a first essence that some claim is a dupe of Sulwhasoo’s First Care Activating Serum. I’ve tried the SWS first care serum about six or seven years ago and didn’t get the same results as this Missha one, but my skin was younger and probably couldn’t notice the effect as much. The SWS Serum runs about $80/2.0 oz. I may have one use left with my sample and will try it as the first step to see if it makes a difference, but so far with just this one sample pack, it has intrigued me enough to want to get more. I don’t know how long this glow will last, but if it goes away once I stop using the sample, it must be doing something for my skin! The Missha product costs about $50 for 3.4 oz (or you can get it direct from Korea at some online shops for $38.99+shipping), so I may try to find some more samples to test out or wait until I make a trip to Korea to purchase. Will definitely need to update this review if I purchase more!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

According to the Missha website, Geum Sul First Essence Booster " is for the very first step in your skincare regimen as it awakens your skin. It helps control oil-moisture balance, soothes to improve skin texture, nourishes, vitalizes, and purifies. Also provides wrinkle repairing and whitening benefits." After I wash my face and use my rosewater toner, I apply this. It's a gel-like consistency and a little goes a long way. It brightens my skin and hydrates it immediately. The hydration continues, whether I put anything else on afterwards. It's not meant to be used alone, but out of curiosity, I have tried it that way to see what it's like. In the wintertime, I use this in conjunction with other Geum Sul products for the ultimate in hydration that never seems to stop.
I like the way that this also plumps my skin while lessening the appearance of fine lines and and wrinkles. It gives my skin a wonderful glow, probably due to the gold flakes in the mix. They aren't bold in your face glittery, but they do the job well.
After using this for a month, I can honestly say I can see a difference in the glowiness of my skin. I've always said whatever wrinkles and fine lines you have are what you have, you can't remove them except by surgery. You can plump them, yes. And this product hydrates well enough to do that. As far as de-toxifyiing, I had some milia problems from trying some oil samples from different companies and from some other products that didn't agree with my skin. They've lessened and gone away.
The bottle is huge at 100 ml and will last a long time. It's comparable to any department store product I've ever tried at a much better price. I'm more than happy with this purchase and definitely recommend it.
Also from the Missha website, "Made with wild ginseng, deer antlers and Reishi mushroom fermented and extracted based on gold, the MISA Geumsul Series will boost the effectiveness of skincare and remove any toxins from your skin. Made with such premium ingredients, the MISA Geumsul Series rejuvenates your skin and removes any impurities from your face. With MISA Geumsul, you will feel the innovative anti-aging functions and skin purification. Contains Ginseng Water to nourish and moisturize dehydrated skin. Also contains Ginseng from Geumsan, Korea, which is famous for the best quality of ginseng around the world." The product is cruelty-free.