4.4

package quality

price range

Reviews

5 years ago

My fave is Dark Room. Absolutely a go to. One of my must haves!

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

5 years ago

I only own one Smashbox trio in Sepia but I absolutely love it! Sepia has got three eyeshadow colors, all of them are uber wearable and pretty. Sepia contains matte finish eyeshadows only but this was actually the main reason why I bought it. I was looking for a substitute of my favorite taupe shade from Urban Decay but I am so much happier with Smashbox now! Even when I travel, this is the only "palette" I take with me. It has got a bone color shade, mauve & deep plumy brown color. Suits any eye color type; works incredibly well with brown eyes as plum undertones help the eye color pop and appear vibrant. I have not tried any other Smashbox trio palettes, but did order a huge Masterclass one full of different shades simply because I trust the quality of these. If you want to see the Sepia trio in action, I found this cool look here. Hope it helps! http://www.partyparrotblog.com/#!Makeup-I-Wore-To-Ed-Sheeran-Gig/cmbz/A89C54CE-871E-4DD0-9D81-AD8DA130B4A6

About reviewer (557 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Other, Other

6 years ago

I own two of these, Sepia and Macro Lens, and I love them. They are pricey but I get so much use out of them. The packaging is great for traveling and because they are a trio it is a whole look (highlight, midtone and dark color). Sepia is a cool, matte, purple trio and Macro Lens is warm, brown tone with some shimmer, but not glittery. I can do a whole look with either, smokey or regular dark crease, either way. They stay on with a primer and have great pigmentation, not much fall out. Definitely recommend them, Ulta has them on sale sometimes.

About reviewer (58 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

2.0

6 years ago

I tried this in Dark Room. I thought the colors were wonderful and I would be able to do a nice smokey look, the bonus is these shadows are matte. I was disappointed when I found this was a small wash of color when I applied the shadows. I tried to build the color to no avail. I am a PPP and thought these colors would nice but with the failure building the colors, the eyeshadow color completely disappeared after about an hour of wear with an eye primer. This was disappointing. The colors are beautiful, but I cannot use them. I would not buy these again. Unless they change the formula, which is unlikely.

About reviewer (217 reviews)

SkinOther

HairOther

7 years ago

These are really good eyeshadows. All of the colors are really nice, not too creamy/buttery feeling to the touch and go on with minimal fallout. Very good for travelling and touchups, also really good if you aren't really that into makeup and just want something simple. I have the trios in "Filter" and "Head Shot". The rose gold color in headshot is gorgeous! Each trio comes with a lid shade/outer crease shade/and a browbone highlight/blending/transition shade. Will be purchasing other shades as well! :)

About reviewer (125 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

7 years ago

This is my first purchase of Smashbox eye shadows and I love it! The texture is great; the shadows go on smooth and silky, and stay on all day. Up to now, my favourite shadows were the Dior quint sets, but in the past few years, they have tended to be very shimmery - much too shimmery for me. I prefer a matte texture, and this is what Smashbox delivers.

About reviewer (602 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

7 years ago

Great trio! Not my favorites, but these are really good shadows that are definitely worth trying. I have the one in Digital- got one in a set of Smashbox products. The colors itself are nothing special, but the quality and texture here is unbelievable. They are so smooth and plush- seriously, they are so easy to work with. Very versatile color combinations. The color payoff is amazing, and they blend like a dream! Expect a little initial fallout, though. Staying power is really good with a primer. So, yeah, the quality is unmatched of any eyeshadows I have tried so far, so I am extremely happy to have this in my collection! Alone, they are a bit pricey (not sure of the exact price) but they are completely worth trying. I wholeheartedly recommend these to you!

About reviewer (324 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

8 years ago

Being 48 years old, I'm always on the lookout for matte eyeshadows. Although I've never used Smashbox before, I decided to take a chance and try the Photo Op Trio in Aperture. The three matte shades in this trio are Alabaster (a creamy light peach), Sky (a light blue), and Truffle (a medium toned taupe). I was afraid the blue might look too 1970s, but on the lids it looks more like a white with just a hint of blue. All three together give me the neutral daytime brightening I'm going for. For reference, I'm NW20 in MAC, with light brown hair going naturally gray, dark blue eyes, and I wear glasses.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

8 years ago

I love the colours and the silky look of it when I put it on, and it lasts for quite sometime too. Its probably one of the best eyeshadows Ive ever tried but it's a little too pricey for me honestly.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Curly, Other

8 years ago

I would actually rate this 3.5, but that's not an option, so I decided to rate this a 4 out of generosity. I purchased this eyeshadow trio in Screen Shot. Screen Shot has three shades: a matte nude with warm/pink undertones (highlight color), a slightly shimmery warm brown (base color), and a very shimmery cool brown (crease color). The crease color, by the way, is WAY too shimmery. It makes your eyelids look like some kind of disco ball! Worse yet, the glitter somehow manages to find its way onto your lips and hair. The base color, however, has a very reasonable amount of shimmer. The pigment of these eyeshadows aren't as intense as MAC, which is slightly disappointing, but the pigment isn't dull either. I can go as far as to say that you don't need primer underneath these eyeshadows--they'll stay on for a reasonable amount of time (4-5 hours), and they don't crease either. However, I don't think any of that is worth it. I would much rather get two high quality MAC eyeshadows for $30 than get this eyeshadow trio for $28. Would I repurchase? No. I'll stick with my MAC and Wet 'n' Wild eyeshadows.

About reviewer (221 reviews)

AgeUnder 18