NYX Gotcha Covered Concealer

NYX Gotcha Covered Concealer

3.5

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Cetyl Alcohol, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcristalline, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain ( /-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140).

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is the perfect concealer for my dry, fair skin. I can sometimes experience some minor redness and minor acne, and this covers it all beautifully. It does have coconut oil in it, so avoid this product if you can't tolerate that ingredient. What I love the most about this is how easy it is to work with. It's emollient but provides full coverage, and blends like a dream. The only thing preventing this from being perfect is the staying power. It's not "long wearing", and you will have to reapply throughout the day/night/event. Which isn't a big deal unless you're performing, modeling, or on-the-go and need your makeup to be perfect. I love Nyx's concealers in general and this one hits it out of the park again!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

How does this concealer out perform all of the high end ones? At 5.99 a tube? I've been using nars radiant creamy concealer and not only does it crease, it also dries out my skin and the color is too dark. There is a big jump between the lighter shades and canelle.

I got this in the shade Light, I'm a very yellow nc20. The color is neutral which is nice under the eyes because it has enough yellow to brighten and enough pink to cancel out any blue hues. It's definitely full coverage.

I've had an issue with concealers creasing under my eyes since I'm getting older. The texture of this product is very similar to the tarte creaseless concealer except it is a little less tacky and shiny when first applied. I don't generally apply powder under my eyes anymore because it just tends to cake up and dry out and make everything worse. This concealer sets on it's own which is pretty darn cool. The package says it's waterproof but I'd be more inclined to think that means water resistant. I've never gone swimming in this but it's lasted me though 14 hour work days and then going to a bar to drink off the 14 hours I just worked. So it performs very well!

I would highly recommend this for people with dry under eyes or more mature skin. It's wonderfully inexpensive, the color is great, it lasts for hours and hours and is actually easy to remove after that, AND nyx is a cruelty free company. Total win for me!

I love this concealer. It is heavy duty, long lasting, provides full coverage, and strong enough to last me through out my work day and work out. It stays put and I appreciate that. I bought the Light, and my eyes look wide awake and fresh every morning. You also don't need a lot of product because it is thick so it will last a long time. Highly recommend! Good price, great product.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had a high hopes for this, but nope. Patchy, uneven coverage on blemishes; sheer coverage on under eyes. Claims to be waterproof, but is not even close. On the upside though, it works very well as an eye shadow primer, so at least it won't go to waste.

on 6/30/2017 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

I am not too happy with this product. It looks great initially but does not last at all. I wish it had more staying power. I am going to try and work with it, try and apply it different ways and set with different powders to see if it makes a difference. If not I plan to return these.

on 5/2/2017 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I thought I'd go out on a whim and buy this concealer since it was so cheap. However, this was a HUGE mistake , this was literally the worst concealer I'd ever used in my life. It was just so oily, I was shining like the sun. I didn't dare to leave my house with this concealer, no amount of setting powder could mattify this product. Save yourself and don't buy it!

on 2/13/2017 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

***This is a very dewy concealer. If that's not what you're looking for, save yourself the time and hassle of returning it.***

This reminds me so much of the Tarte Maracuja Creaseless concealer that I own. I compared ingredients and sure enough, they are pretty similar. The only notable difference is that NYX uses coconut oil instead of maracuja oil. The formula is super full coverage. Even more important in my book, is the dewy finish. My go-to foundation is very matte so I don't apply it to my undereye area. That is the only area I need concealer for, and it has to be dewy in order to not emphasize the undereye skin texture. This looks like real, moist skin! I personally found it to be a little bit more dewy than the Tarte. It never looks cakey on me. Instead of pooling into fine lines and emphasizing them, it smooths them out. I can only name a few other concealers that do that for me. The rest just make the texture look worse despite moisturizing claims.

The *only* thing I would change about this is I wish it were thinner in consistency. I prefer liquidy formulas like Maybelline Fit Me or Giorgio Armani High Precision Retouch for example. Apply it to well prepped skin however, and it'll just glide on. You don't need to tug on the skin to blend it. Just lightly pat. NYX Gotcha Covered goes beyond all my other expectations so I won't take off a lippie for that.

I will note the coconut oil in this concerns me knowing a lot of people use concealer on other parts of their face. Coconut oil causes a lot of people cystic acne. The eye area is less susceptible to break outs. But if you're acne-prone and applying it to other parts of your face, keep a look out.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Easily the worst concealer I've EVER tried.

Stay away from this. It's literally a shiny greasy putty that can't spread well and covers nothing. I've used it twice and put it right back in the box.

Unfortunately NYX doesn't do refunds or store credit if it's used. So thanks NYX for helping me throw $9 right into the trash! :)

Couldve at least gotten some sushi or something..

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Great for the price. Similar yet better than glamoflague . To get good coverage and finish I use a small stiple brush, dabbing it with your finger with just lift it off your face because it is very thick. I am very pale and soft ivory was surprisingly light enough. This is the first concealer I have found that I still like.I also apply a face prime for oily skin before the concealer . That and the brush really make the coverage and finish very good.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this full coverage concealer! Definitely very thick, but I love how it leaves skin dewy and totally concealed. I think I purchased it from Walgreens or Target for around $5.

If you like full coverage, you're going to love this baby!

I apply it over my foundation, during my cream contour. I dab it on with my finger, and blend in with a damp beauty blender. It gives the perfect radiant, full coverage finish. Then I apply loose powder and bake.