Maybelline Big Eyes Barbie Mascara

1 review

on 5/13/2016 5:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This is my first ever mascara, usually I borrow my mom's or go without. Makeup is not high on my priority list because of my eczema. I thought the name and packaging was cute. Price is reasonable too. So this comes with two sides: the black mascara and the white fibers.

I followed the steps, first coat lashes with mascara, next smooth on a layer of the white fibers and lastly seal with another coat of mascara. I do not know why I had to apply the fibers, they looked weird and were quite obvious.

The wand of the mascara was straight and that made it difficult to apply the product onto my inner and outer lashes, I could mostly apply it in the middle. I had to awkwardly use the end of the wand to get the inner and outer corners but that did not work. It also made the mascara smudge on my eyelids and under my lashes. Also my lashes clumped on the first coat of mascara!

It did not make my lashes curve but I do want want to point out that I did not use a curler. I do not know if this is because I am not used to mascara but I felt uncomfortable like there was something dried on my lashes that I should remove.