3.8

This was recommended to me by the store salesman. I wanted to buy a violet voss palette, but wasn't sure which one, she told me this one had the most pigment. I tried it on when I bought it... I love it, such pretty colors and very pigmented as well! They are good for blending and look great applied on your lids! Very nice formula, kind of creamy.

This was supposed to be limited edition but is STILL on sale. I scrimped to get this shipped over, and waited up to get one. I needn't have bothered! Total waste of time and money - on the basis of these lies I would never buy from them again even if these palettes were amazing, which they aren't. Morphe/Coastal Scents level quality for much more money. Keep your money in your wallet.

This has been the screensaver on my surface for months so you could imagine my excitment when my mom came in my room and presented this palette to me. I have been using my tartelette in bloom (I'll write another review on that) and I was longing for some more options for the crease. This palette has a staggering 20 shadows in it all of which I will use at some point and the pigmentation is like no other eyeshadow I've used before. I found that will my tartelette in bloom paltte I had to spray my brush to get pigment but I packed on my lid shade dry and it was so intense. This palette is any makeup lovers dream.

on 1/22/2017 11:08:00 AM

I love this palette, I got the original formula, not sure how the new formula is, but my palette is great, very pigmented, not as much kick back as abh, great mattes to blend with which is hard to find, can create so many looks, can't wait for their all matte palette, use this palette almost everytime I do makeup

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

an ok eyeshadow palette in my opinion, nothing spectacular about it tbh
i don't get why this palette is hype by youtubers
but if you looking for reddish palette, maybe you can pick this

on 11/23/2016 3:57:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Trash. Violet Voss is a very low quality brand that majorly marks up their poducts.

If you go to their eyeshadow ingredients, the list reads as follows:

Mica, Mineral Talc, Jojoba Oil, Kaolin Clay, Magnesium Stearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Tridecyl Trime-llitate, Phenoxyethanol.

When comparing ingredients, I saw that they have a VERY similar formula to far more inexpensive brands, such as Morphe Brushes and Makeup Revolution. I wish I'd known this before paying $50 for this product.

I was excited about this palette, because the eyeshadows are gorgeous. When I first received them, I realized they are all hyper (and I mean hyper) pigmented and easy to work with and blend on the eyelid. However after MONTHS of attempting to use these shadows, I've given up on this palette. No matter what primer I use these FADE extremely fast. They are almost completely gone just a few hours after application. The formula is also powdery and has a lot of kick up. Not to mention, the packaging is very cheap and flimsy. Nowhere near worthwhile for the price point.

If you have normal dry eyelids (mine are hecka oily) this may work better for you. However my advice is to save your money and buy from Morphe or Makeup Revolution (I haven't tried their eyeshadows but my sister has a MR palette she loves.)!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Versatile, good blend of shimmer and matte colours, and really beautiful variety of shades for both natural, more nude looks and more outgoing looks. The shadows are super pigmented, blend well together, and are really buildable. I find they last at least five hours without smudging and last much longer when paired with a good quality primer. The pans are surprisingly large and relatively deep, so I would definitely say the palette is worth the money. My only issue is that when applying, there tends to me a lot of fall-out under the eyes and on the face, however I wouldn't say this occurs any more than with other high end pallets such as Urban Decay or Kat Von D. All I would say is to apply shadow before face makeup if you don't do so already, and be sure to use a decent primer and set with a good quality setting spray for best results.

on 7/16/2016 3:05:00 AM

I had never heard of this brand before reading 2-3 good reviews here on MUA. I ordered this and another palette as a combo deal, and considered myself so lucky that both were in stock. What a disappointment these palettes have been.

First, the packaging is cheap cardboard. Yeah, so many companies have gone to this packaging and I hate it. But what was really bad with these two was the graphics are not printed well on the palette. The silver ink is noticeably absent and faded thoughout the logo, making the palette reek "cheap".

Second, the colors are all very warm. I am neutral toned so I can wear warm and cool, but these colors range super warm (read ORANGE). All shadows are just various shades of orange, nothing too neutral about that.

Third, the texture is dry and the shadows are hard to load on my brush. Which in turn, makes them hard to blend. Strike three!

Bottom line, definitely not worth the money and I totally regret the purchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Wine n Dine is the ONLY reason I bought this pallete. The other colors are a disappointment. Not pigmented and I have to dig my brush in most of the colors to get good payoff.

on 5/13/2016 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I was lucky/obsessed/diligent enough to get this from the VV website when it was restocked, they sell out fast. I love the variety of colors, the finishes are beautiful, and the quality is fantastic for the ORIGINAL price. I emphasize this because while these are good quality shadows, they are NOT worth the inflated prices being asked on Ebay or in various online makeup groups. The shadows wear really well, are color true, and are quite soft and pigmented. Several shades in my palette are slightly less buttery and pigmented than others, but the difference is negligible. As usual, I believe this is a function of finish and not overall formulation.

Strengths: GREAT quality for the price. 20 shadows for $42??? YES PLEASE. I would rank these somewhere between the very best of Too Faced shadows and the usual buttery Kat Von D standard. I actually prefer these to my MAC singles. Blasphemy, I know. They wear reasonably well without primer, 7+ hours with minor creasing on my somewhat oily lids. They are vivid and long-lasting with one. (As to vividity, keep in mind I am paper pale. Everything shows up on me.) I have worn these over Wet 'n Wild primers and UDPP. No difference, my eyeshadow rocked it for 11+ hours with barely noticeable fading. Minimal fallout except with a few sheenier shades. And OY VEY, the colors! This was my main draw to the palette: as a blue/green eyed gal, this is one heavenly collection of colors. The lower right corner with those burgandy-reds? Divine. The highlight shade isn't too glittery for this older lady, and these are several good transition shade options. These work well as lower-lid liners.
For the love of the included unusual colors, I would repurchase.

Weaknesses: Very few. Typical cardboard packaging similar to Lorac or KVD. Perfectly stable and functional, but not my personal preference. Although if you were to drop a cardboard palette you'd probably do less damage/suffer less breakage than if it were encased in hard plastic. (RIP, beloved NYX Butt Naked) Some of the shinier or more glittery shades had minimal fallout. Nothing insane. Variety of colors is awesome, but if you are looking for a starter palette, there may not be enough neutrals or basics here for you. Only one highlight shade, and it is more of a cream color. There is no bright ivory or whiter browbone shade. The color scheme is singular: browns, reds, coppers, and golds. This is a decidedly warm-toned palette, so warm it is almost hot. Lovers of cooler tones will find nothing to work with here. These are great at the original price, excellent at the coupon price of $42. I would not purchase at the prices I am currently seeing on Ebay for this. You're getting 20 better than average good quality shadows. I have an obscene number of palettes, so I wouldn't pay more. But I can rationalize someone with a smaller collection than mine fairly paying $80-100 for this, or $4-5 per pan. Every customer knows their own limits and needs. VV continues to restock this, so please be wary of "limited edition" hype. (Hello, TF Sweet Peach, I am looking at you.....oh wait, now this is going to be permanent? After folks stayed up all night and/or paid hundreds for it on Ebay? What a surprise. Not. #dirty) As long as these sell regularly, they will be produced.

Overall, I recommend this palette. It is excellent for folks with light colored eyes but looks good on everyone. Contains at least 8 colors that I cannot readily dupe with my gazillion other palettes and for that reason I would repurchase. Think of this as a Morphe 35O turned up to 10, with more extreme warm shades and superior quality.