Violet Voss Holy Grail Palette

Violet Voss Holy Grail Palette
Violet Voss Holy Grail PaletteViolet Voss Holy Grail Palette

3.9

on 10/13/2017 5:04:00 AM

EDIT :::: By all means read my original review, as it will help navigate using this palette, but I found the antidote to the weak staying power. A simple, good coverage of base colour all over your top lid, up to the brow. It creates a solid canvas for it I guess. Then, work on top of that and you get the most of these amazing colours and consistencies. Again, zero creasing (how, HOW, is that possible?), just a beautiful finish throughout the day. The only reason I'm giving it four lippies, is that they do slightly loose their colour punch. But I am definitely buying this again now that I figured this problem out. Recommended, absolutely.

ORIGINAL REVIEW ::: I had very high expectations for this, after reading great reviews on several sources. The shadows are crazy beautiful, finely milled, blend like a dream. There's no end to the combination of looks you can create with these. Frankly, when you're done with the look, it's stunning. No irritation on the eyes, very little fall-out.
BUT.
It just doesn't last. They colours fade quickly, they loose their punch within the hour and after two-three hours, all the colours blend into one.
Now, for a peculiar twist: not only do they blend into one (and this happens to all the colours I've used) , but somehow they melt into one natural-looking, very flattering tone. And they don't crease AT ALL.
All this means that although your makeup look changes within hours, you really don't have to touch up at all because somehow you still look very good. I would love to give this palette five lippies but the colours just don't stay put. It's SO annoying because when you put them on they are SO beautiful.
Ugh.
While this is a big disappointment, I will most definitely keep using this happily, because I can trust it to give me a great look throughout the day that won't crease and melt.
If you use an eye primer maybe it would help I guess. But I already have a multi-step beauty routine (cleansing, toning, serum, cream, massage) and do prep my eyes. But adding an eye primer is a step too much for me. I have things to get to in the mornings, come on.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Beautiful range of shades and a dupe for the Anastasia Beverly Hills modern renaissance palette. Foiled eyeshadows are buttery and the combinations of foiled and mattes are gorgeous and the packaging is gorgeous (holographic lovers I'm looking at you)

Pros: more shades than ABH palette
Has a mirror
Holographic
Buttery texture with small fallout on mattes
You can create looks with this palette being statement or everyday

Cons: large cannot use on the go
Pricy
Reds and browns so if you want other colours look elsewhere

I love this palette! It's gorgeous and I use it nearly everyday and I love the blinding inner corner highlight shade. I would repurchase but be open to seeing if other palettes could beat it

on 1/22/2017 11:08:00 AM

I love this palette, I got the original formula, not sure how the new formula is, but my palette is great, very pigmented, not as much kick back as abh, great mattes to blend with which is hard to find, can create so many looks, can't wait for their all matte palette, use this palette almost everytime I do makeup

This was supposed to be limited edition but is STILL on sale. I scrimped to get this shipped over, and waited up to get one. I needn't have bothered! Total waste of time and money - on the basis of these lies I would never buy from them again even if these palettes were amazing, which they aren't. Morphe/Coastal Scents level quality for much more money. Keep your money in your wallet.

This was recommended to me by the store salesman. I wanted to buy a violet voss palette, but wasn't sure which one, she told me this one had the most pigment. I tried it on when I bought it... I love it, such pretty colors and very pigmented as well! They are good for blending and look great applied on your lids! Very nice formula, kind of creamy.

This has been the screensaver on my surface for months so you could imagine my excitment when my mom came in my room and presented this palette to me. I have been using my tartelette in bloom (I'll write another review on that) and I was longing for some more options for the crease. This palette has a staggering 20 shadows in it all of which I will use at some point and the pigmentation is like no other eyeshadow I've used before. I found that will my tartelette in bloom paltte I had to spray my brush to get pigment but I packed on my lid shade dry and it was so intense. This palette is any makeup lovers dream.

on 7/16/2016 3:05:00 AM

I had never heard of this brand before reading 2-3 good reviews here on MUA. I ordered this and another palette as a combo deal, and considered myself so lucky that both were in stock. What a disappointment these palettes have been.

First, the packaging is cheap cardboard. Yeah, so many companies have gone to this packaging and I hate it. But what was really bad with these two was the graphics are not printed well on the palette. The silver ink is noticeably absent and faded thoughout the logo, making the palette reek "cheap".

Second, the colors are all very warm. I am neutral toned so I can wear warm and cool, but these colors range super warm (read ORANGE). All shadows are just various shades of orange, nothing too neutral about that.

Third, the texture is dry and the shadows are hard to load on my brush. Which in turn, makes them hard to blend. Strike three!

Bottom line, definitely not worth the money and I totally regret the purchase.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

an ok eyeshadow palette in my opinion, nothing spectacular about it tbh
i don't get why this palette is hype by youtubers
but if you looking for reddish palette, maybe you can pick this

on 11/23/2016 3:57:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Trash. Violet Voss is a very low quality brand that majorly marks up their poducts.

If you go to their eyeshadow ingredients, the list reads as follows:

Mica, Mineral Talc, Jojoba Oil, Kaolin Clay, Magnesium Stearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Tridecyl Trime-llitate, Phenoxyethanol.

When comparing ingredients, I saw that they have a VERY similar formula to far more inexpensive brands, such as Morphe Brushes and Makeup Revolution. I wish I'd known this before paying $50 for this product.

I was excited about this palette, because the eyeshadows are gorgeous. When I first received them, I realized they are all hyper (and I mean hyper) pigmented and easy to work with and blend on the eyelid. However after MONTHS of attempting to use these shadows, I've given up on this palette. No matter what primer I use these FADE extremely fast. They are almost completely gone just a few hours after application. The formula is also powdery and has a lot of kick up. Not to mention, the packaging is very cheap and flimsy. Nowhere near worthwhile for the price point.

If you have normal dry eyelids (mine are hecka oily) this may work better for you. However my advice is to save your money and buy from Morphe or Makeup Revolution (I haven't tried their eyeshadows but my sister has a MR palette she loves.)!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Versatile, good blend of shimmer and matte colours, and really beautiful variety of shades for both natural, more nude looks and more outgoing looks. The shadows are super pigmented, blend well together, and are really buildable. I find they last at least five hours without smudging and last much longer when paired with a good quality primer. The pans are surprisingly large and relatively deep, so I would definitely say the palette is worth the money. My only issue is that when applying, there tends to me a lot of fall-out under the eyes and on the face, however I wouldn't say this occurs any more than with other high end pallets such as Urban Decay or Kat Von D. All I would say is to apply shadow before face makeup if you don't do so already, and be sure to use a decent primer and set with a good quality setting spray for best results.