Charlotte Tilbury Instant Look in a Palette

Instant Look in a PaletteInstant Look in a Palette

4.8

on 5/27/2017 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have both the seductive beauty and natural beauty and LOVE both. I only have one complaint so I will start with that, in both these palettes the brighten and highlight shade are the same, so I would have put the golden champagne highlight in the seductive palette and rose gold highlight in the natural palette, especially since I find the champagne gold pops more so it's more a night time highlight. That being said, I have both palettes so I have the option of choosing either. All the products within the palettes are very pigmented and perfect for the name of the palette. The natural one is amazing for day to day looks, if you are a woman on the go and do your makeup on your way to places, or just have little time to have a bunch of different products this is perfect for you. The seductive (party time palette), is also great for traveling with you. Personally for me I like to contour and bronze and then add a shimmer bronzer (I like to look tan and glowy on a night out), however when I am in a rush I just don't have the time to do a 45 minute to an hour look, and that's why these palettes are amazing! My quick but put together (full face including foundation and everything else) takes 15 minutes with this palette. I will say if I had all these products individually it would add an extra 10 looking through my makeup back for each item! Highly recommend!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Edit 6/7/17: I got all 3 of these palettes now I like Natural Beauty a lot, I like it with Amazing Grace as cool summer look & Seductive Beauty w Stoned Rose or Bomd Girl also Kim KW looks awesome w Seductive Beauty & black liquid eyeliner. I showed these palettes to my mom & shes like they look all alike but I beg to differ I find that they are all distinctive (to me). In a nutshell:
Natural beauty: palest shades most natural & low key
Beauty glow: rose gold tones medium intensity
Seductive beauty: darkest hues most smoky & most intense

All 3 are worth owning I've been saving up to have all 3 =] it was worth waiting for these palettes are bomb after af now they are offered in a trio to save a chunk of money. These are LE so snap them up while you can Idk how much longer available. Perf for my bag. Viel Gluck!
---
Original review: I would buy this again (in a diff color) if I had the disposable income to do so. I bought the travel brush set to go with this palette as I plan to keep it in my purse (bcoz I like to carry my MOTD in my purse) but I got #GLOWMO rose gold Beauty palette & I am kind of dumb about MU & this makes me look like I know a little something about MU. I tightline with barbarella brown rock n kohl & some brown mascara (isehan) then I wear pillow talk lipcheat/lipstick w seduction lipgloss normally or when I need to Glam it up tightline with bedroom black rock n kohl liner, black mascara & Kim kW lipstick/Ibiza lipgloss/pillow talk lipcheat & never forget to curl your lashes "darlings it's the push up bra of the makeup world" (-CT) it literally takes me 5 minutes to do my MU w this palette u can skip eyeliner for a more minimalist look too. (5) out of (5) lippies really KEWL!!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is one of the best buys over ever made. Normally I find all in one palettes have a few duds or that there is too little of the product to swirl your brush around in - not so with this - all easy to use universally lovely shades

I travel with only this palette on a holiday and I am so glad I bought this palette. I don't need anything else other than this palette when I travel. It's compact and the colors suit me very well. I can go from day to night with this.
The quality of the eyeshadow, blushes, bronzer/shading and highlighter are top notch! Totally worth the price that I am paying for this product! The only reason why I won't buy this again is because I like to try on other palettes for make up. And am sure Charlotte Tilbury will have other Instant Look Palette.

on 1/17/2017 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm olive tone, brown hair & eyes, early 40s.

I love this palette. Each powder is numbered so you know in which order to apply each powder and each powder has a description, so you know which part of the face and how to apply e.g. Eyes, cheeks.
All you need in one palette, coupled with "paint by numbers" theme, makes it super quick to apply your make up.
The pixie woo CT tutorial is great guide on how to use and indicates the look.
This is a soft "natural look" palette so not a heavy make up look.
This palette makes me look like a brighter, polished version of me in a lovely natural way. I've been complimented by a couple of people since wearing this palette.
This is now my ultimate makeup for day wear, coupled with pillow talk liner and bitch perfect lipstick which completes the look fantastically.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

La Dolce Vita - Pricey, but I luv this look on me. I get a lot of compliments on my large smokey eyes and full pastel lip. Eye pallet is long lasting but I am constantly reapplying my lipstick and gloss.

on 5/12/2016 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My second CT palette, I also own the Sophisticate palette. I'm fair skinned (NW15) with blonde hair and grey blue eyes. The three eye shadows in this palette are somewhat lighter than what I would usually wear and nonetheless on me they have a subtle but definitive impact which I find ultra flattering. With this, I can create a polished no-makeup look, perfect for weekend errands, or vacation. The eyeshadows are creamy without fallout, the blushes are good colors - one being on the nude side, the other with more pink in it. I was particularly curious to try the contouring with the bronzer and highlighter. Both apply very smoothly and they work great with my coloring. I am considering getting the full size duo of both. The bronzer shade is a neutral tan, no orange tones at all, and no sparkles, while the highlighter is a soft shimmery neutral ivory. Both are finely milled and easy to work with. The square packaging is sturdy and I find it quite beautiful in the dark oxblood red with gold accents (see uploaded stock photos), yet sleek and not bulky. Also I'm so glad no brushes are included because it keeps the packaging compact and I much prefer bringing my own custom brushes anyway than paying even more for makeup that comes with more brushes included that I would likely not be using. This palette is ideal for travel, and for me it truly delivers "a look in a palette". I have used all of the shades in this palette to create a natural look, and I'm impressed with the quality, no duds here. The natural look can easily be amped up for evening by adding eyeliner and mascara. Very happy with this purchase and I would definitely buy it again.

on 5/28/2016 12:08:00 AM

My only problem ith this palette is that I am afraid I will use it up too quickly! Gorgeous stuff!

I am neutral NW/NC 15. I use the pale pink shadow as a base, the brown sparingly in the crease (it can be a little deep on me) and under my bottom lashes, and the champagne on my lid for a natural yet polished daytime eye look. The shadows have lovely pigmentation and texture, with the champagne being my favourite (just the perfect amount of sophisticated, finely-milled sparkle!).

I am careful with the bronzer, because I can quickly overdo it on my pale skin, but it goes on a dream- no patchiness, no pulling orange, no sparkle. The highlight is perfect- again like the shadow, just the right amount of sophisticated, finely-milled shine. I will definitely be getting her bronze and glow duo at some point.

I do the swish and pop separately with the two blushes as per the video tutorials. I was kind of skeptical at first, but that pop of brighter colour on the apple of the cheek is so pretty and enlivening.

The packaging feels solid and is aesthetically pleasing. The mirror is actually a useful size. This is the perfect travel palette IMO.

My one change would have been to add a matte transition shade in the eyeshadow. The pale pink is too light as a transition on my skin, with the brown being a bit too dark ( but I make it work with a light hand) and I don't care for frost in my crease, being 41 and all. A lighter brown or deeper rose in matte would have been perfect, but this is just a quibble. I absolutely love this product!

I wear it with her Pillow Talk lip liner, and Bitch Perfect lipstick, both of which I am also crazy about. Trying these and the palette have made me so excited to try any and all other Charlotte Tilbury makeup. Fantastic quality!

on 5/29/2016 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

At first glance you would be forgiven for thinking meh, but lets not forget what the packet clearly states it's a pallette for a natural beauty look so it's not going to be in your face pigmentation. The eyeshadows are beautifully soft and easy to apply. The bronzer and highlighter are the same as the bronze and glow light to med so no suprises there. The blush swish shade is a peachy/light coral shade and the pop is a light pink which goes well with the swish shade. People bang on about the £49 (UK price)being expensive but if you add it up you get close to £95 worth of product so you get quite a bit for your pound. A great value and very handy travel product that I'm glad i own.

on 5/20/2016 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I love it!!! It's basic, sure, but when I wear it, I look so pulled-together and the performance of the powders is exemplary. I really didn't think I'd like it since I'm on the outer edge of the intended skintones who can use this (nc37), but I figured out how to use it best for me --

First, I use the first matte baby pink color as a transition crease color. Strangely, it goes DARK on me and turns a creamy warm, medium pink (did it do that for anyone else?) Weird and welcome.

Next, I skip the shimmery eyeshadow entirely (it's great, though) and just use the matte tan-brown everywhere else - on the lid and in the crease and outer v and under the eye. It's a little cooler, which on my skintone translates as the color of actual shadow on my skin. It works with the pink to give discernable but soft definition and is neither warm nor cool. Both shades blend extremely well, both into each other and onto my skin. I do not use them with a primer and have clocked the eye look staying with me for 11 hours.

I use everything else in the palette as-is. The bronzer is heavenly on me, melds with my skin and deepens the outer perimeter perfectly; I'm even able to get slightly heavy-handed with it, and it still looks fantastic - again, I think it's because I'm on the outer edge of skintones who can wear this. You can see it, but it's absolutely not stark. the blushes are freaking gorgeous on (I do keep to the swish and pop delineation and don't mix them), and the highlighter is absolutely perfect, with great sheen and no glitter particles on the skin unless you get really up-close. I got compliments nearly each day I've worn this, and I've had it 2 weeks.

Completely and pleasantly surprised with how this is working with and for me. The second eyeshadow color in the palette is also very beautiful, just when it's included in the look, doesn't give me enough depth and definition - I don't do light lids well anyway, never have, so it's no surprise that omitting that would make this palette else wise very workable and a winner for me. I can't remove a lipstick for it because I can use it, it looks good on, just not the sort of look that I reach for.

I can pair this with a pinky lip (L'Oreal Eva's Pink is good) or a nude lip (CT Confession, NYX Peanut Brittle or Praline or god help me, Kylie gloss in Literally) or rose lip (CT Stoned Rose - B!tch Perfect is actually too light for me!)

This isn't a notice-my-makeup palette, but it's a notice-me palette, and I like that even better. And I really love that I can just rely on it for a fail-safe *actually really pretty* look.