BeneFit Cosmetics Dandelion

BeneFit Cosmetics Dandelion

4.1

Ingredients: talc, mica, calcium aluminum borosicicate, polyethylene, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), magnesium myristate, pentaerythrityl tetraethylhexanoate, C9-15 fluoroalcohol phosphates, zinc stearate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, phenoxyethanol, bis-diglyceryl polyacryladipate-2, squalane, carmine (CI 75470), lecithin, iron oxides (CI 77491), methylparaben, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance (parfum), glycine soja (soybean) oil, tocopherol, iron oxides (CI 77492), BHT, retinyl palmitate, butylparaben, ethylparaben, limonene, alumina, isobutylparaben, propylparaben, linalool, hexyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, citral butylphenyl methylpropional, citronellol, eugenol.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

For how long this has been around and considered a cult classic, I find it to be pretty meh. I am very fair, and even on my super-pale skin it doesn't really do a lot. It is not very pigmented at all, and it doesn't really look like blush on the skin, but it is too pigmented to be a finishing powder. I never really knew what to do with it. I actually liked the scent, which is why I gave it so many chances, but it just doesn't work for what it is supposed to be. The packaging is also cheap and atrocious and bulky, and the brush that comes with all of these boxed powders from Benefit is actual garbage. Ten or fifteen years ago this might have been an interesting product (had it worked), but in today's market with so many innovative and high-quality products at every price point it just feels like a dinosaur that has resisted improvement throughout the years.

Subtle for every day especially on skins up to about Mac NW25/30?? Beyond that I'm not sure it would show up. I depotted mine as mentioned previously the packaging is somewhat irritating and bulky. Its not life changing I don't think however its a good now fuss face powder/blush to pull a look together.

on 7/28/2017 3:01:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Very sheer, light pink blush that has a small amount of shimmer and can be built up on the skin. This works very well for my pale skin, it's an amazing shade for a natural flush when I am not wearing a lot of makeup. I don't love the packaging and it's a little expensive for a blush. I have tried dupes and found the quality (colour staturation) to not be as good as this. Would repurchase.

on 8/15/2017 4:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Such a pretty subtle shade but the packaging (although cute) makes it hard to get out of the pan.

This blush is a light warm pink colour and has a matte finish, without being flat in appearance. I purchased mine in May 2016 and this was one of the colours included in the Benefit Cheekathon Palette. I hit pan on this colour as of last week, but I also wear this blush several times a week. Its a nice blush, it looks boring in pan but i find that its great for complimenting a more colourful eye or lip. It adds colour to my face, without being overwhelming. I have fair, neutral to warm skin and I am NC 10-15. Those with darker complexions may have issues with the colour showing up on their skin. I do have a few complaints about this product, nothing out of the ordinary for Benefit's blush line. This blush, only contains 7 grams of product. Other blush shades such as Dallas and Hoola, contain 8 and 9 grams of product respectively, for the same price. My other complaint, is that the cardboard packaging is quite bulky and users may have to be cautious in avoiding contact with water, as the packaging gets soggy and torn at the edges. Overall, this is one of my favourite blushes and when I run out, I will buy the individual.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The benifit dandelion is a fantastic Blush that is complimentary to all skin tones. It blends well and isn't chalky or too powdery, the pigmentation is very good not to strong but not too weak. You get an amazing amount in there for the price you pay it is 100% worth every penny I payed for it! 💖 I will definitely be re-purchasing this product and I would never use another blush. In my 2 year hunt for the perfect blush I found this and from that day I lived and died by it. When I bought it in a Boxing Day sale it came in a set of blushes and one by one I tested them all out. Dandelion lasted all day and felt nice and smooth when I applied to my cheek,it smelled nice and lasted me a long time 😍💘 Thanks for reading this review, again if you are on the hunt for that perfect blush that is not to strong but has a lot of pigment try the dandelion by benifit, it works wonders 💖 Xx

I've heard about the bronzer/ illuminating powders from Benefit, but wasn't keen pin putting down money for a full size amount. I addition to that, I several other blushes so I doubt that I would hit pan on this.

My skin is the shade of paper, so if MAC's Well Dressed shows up on me this is practically a given. On my skin it appears as a soft, warm pink. Almost similar to Nars Orgasm, but without the shimmer. The formula is top notch, and the powder feels silky and applies beautifully.

I don't think I would purchase it again as I have enough blush, and there are several dupes.

on 7/11/2017 7:02:00 PM

Did not like this shade at all. It was powdery and too light for me, which is a first. I'm an NC20 in MAC and this stuff didn't show up on me. I have no idea what this would be used for. I guess it works for someone as I've seen nice pictures of people that are wearing it. All I know is it doesn't work for me and it's SUPER expensive for being so underwhelming. You could find the same quality/result using Cover Girl blushes.

on 4/16/2017 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This was okay on me. I have fair skin and it didn't show up that much on my skin. I didn't find that it highlighted or brightened and it was just okay for me.
The packaging is a pain as it isn't easy to travel with and the brush supplies wasn't great.
I don't use it anymore and won't repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

As much as I think this is an adorable blush and find it very pretty, natural-looking and easy to wear, I doubt strongly I will repurchase it in the future. Nowadays really good blushes are a dime a dozen and unless I find a really unique shade, I don't feel the need to spend quite this much on a single pan of product.

With that said, this is not a disappointment, as I mentioned the color and blendability makes this a very natural-looking shade, if a bit lacking in pigment, but still good quality. I would describe the color as a light warm pink that would work best with spring or summer looks. I took a couple dabs on each cheek because one wasn't sufficiently pigmented. Since this is supposed to be an illuminated powder, not necessarily a blush, I'm okay with it not being highly pigmented, but it does build color pretty well up to a point.

It smells nice, like a floral bouquet, not overpowering though. I do like the packaging, although it is somewhat bulky, but it is a nice-looking product to display on a vanity.

If this were just a shade more pigmented, it could easily be a favorite, but given it being a bit more subtle than what I'm used to, and rather expensive, I feel like 4 lippies is generous. The blendability and "natural makeup day" appeal, plus how it lasted nicely throughout the day, mean I will certainly continue to use it.

Popular Blush Products