BeneFit Cosmetics Dandelion

BeneFit Cosmetics Dandelion

4.1

Ingredients: talc, mica, calcium aluminum borosicicate, polyethylene, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), magnesium myristate, pentaerythrityl tetraethylhexanoate, C9-15 fluoroalcohol phosphates, zinc stearate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, phenoxyethanol, bis-diglyceryl polyacryladipate-2, squalane, carmine (CI 75470), lecithin, iron oxides (CI 77491), methylparaben, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance (parfum), glycine soja (soybean) oil, tocopherol, iron oxides (CI 77492), BHT, retinyl palmitate, butylparaben, ethylparaben, limonene, alumina, isobutylparaben, propylparaben, linalool, hexyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, citral butylphenyl methylpropional, citronellol, eugenol.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

As much as I think this is an adorable blush and find it very pretty, natural-looking and easy to wear, I doubt strongly I will repurchase it in the future. Nowadays really good blushes are a dime a dozen and unless I find a really unique shade, I don't feel the need to spend quite this much on a single pan of product.

With that said, this is not a disappointment, as I mentioned the color and blendability makes this a very natural-looking shade, if a bit lacking in pigment, but still good quality. I would describe the color as a light warm pink that would work best with spring or summer looks. I took a couple dabs on each cheek because one wasn't sufficiently pigmented. Since this is supposed to be an illuminated powder, not necessarily a blush, I'm okay with it not being highly pigmented, but it does build color pretty well up to a point.

It smells nice, like a floral bouquet, not overpowering though. I do like the packaging, although it is somewhat bulky, but it is a nice-looking product to display on a vanity.

If this were just a shade more pigmented, it could easily be a favorite, but given it being a bit more subtle than what I'm used to, and rather expensive, I feel like 4 lippies is generous. The blendability and "natural makeup day" appeal, plus how it lasted nicely throughout the day, mean I will certainly continue to use it.

on 4/16/2017 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This was okay on me. I have fair skin and it didn't show up that much on my skin. I didn't find that it highlighted or brightened and it was just okay for me.
The packaging is a pain as it isn't easy to travel with and the brush supplies wasn't great.
I don't use it anymore and won't repurchase.

on 4/14/2017 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I can't deny that Dandelion is such a pretty baby pink blush with a touch of warmth! It shows very well on my skin too which I wasn't expecting based on the reviews. Also not sure how others pick shimmer up because if anything I find it to be on the semi matte with a hint of satin side of finish.
It's very finely milled and blends very well too. My mane gripe is that it's not lasting enough to get me through a regular work day. Also the color isn't that unique either to be frank - unlike Rockateur for example. I'll happily use it but probably won't repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have repurchased this blush many times. I have light to medium skin tone (NC25-30) so I'm not super fair skinned. But I love this for a subtle wash of color on my cheeks. I like the packaging because any product kick up goes back in the box-no waste. I even use this as a blush topper with brown based blushes to give it a little color. Great product.

on 3/31/2017 11:43:00 AM

I utterly love this product. I have pale skin that can turn sallow when I'm sick or tired (which is frequently). A few brushes of this on my cheeks immediately makes me look awake, rested, healthy. It smells lovely. There is a slight shimmer that also makes my skin look fresh. I occasionally layer this over Bentint or Nars Orgasm to build a rosy look. The brush is really convenient. It can layer on a little thick and powdery, but it lasts for hours.

on 3/31/2017 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've had this for years and I love it! I use this to give a glow to my entire face rather than as a blush because it's too light to be used as a blush on my skin. I love the light scent as well.

on 2/17/2017 5:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This blush takes me back to high school...I think it's a great first blush or people who want an "innocent" or "fresh" vibe. Because of this, I think I look a tiny bit younger when I wear it. It's great for pale skin, nc15 and the like. I like the fact that it comes with a brush, mirror, and magnetic top, and because of these things and the quality of the blush, I think the price is reasonable.

Again, this is a shame.

I love Benefit's Dandelion shade of pink, it looks so lovely on the cheeks ... BUT ... like Benefit's Dallas bronzer, this breaks me out SO SO badly.

So again, if you're sensitive to break outs and spots, I'd say try Benefit blushers at the counter before you think about buying. You don't want to buy as it's pricey and let it break you out

on 1/11/2017 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is an alright blush if you are very fair, but for $36 CDN I really do not think this is worth it. Apparently, this is intended to be a highlighter or finishing powder, which makes a bit more sense because it is not very pigmented. However, I don’t find this overly pigmented or glowy on my (NC20) skin tone. I also found that I hit pan fairly quickly on this. I don’t think I would repurchase. There are other better options out there for a fraction of the price.

on 1/10/2017 4:59:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

This is a beautiful color (very natural on my fair skin) and it's super easy to use (keep in mind it's not actually a blush but to give a glow to the entire face). I don't think it would work on medium too dark skin because of the lack of pigment and the color being so light. The scent is nice as well, very lovely - it smells of candyfloss or the way sugar tastes (sweet) but it doesn't linger on the skin. It does blend nicely, but pigment wise this is very light. I wish it contained a bit more - would take longer to use it up.
The packaging is cardboard with a magnetic lock - nothing special but it does last a long time. It comes with a mirror which is impossible to use - take it out Benefit and let me pay the less.

The brush it comes with I tossed very quickly - but I always do that. I remember it being very soft though.

All in all - this is nice as a blush and I have hit pan a long time ago franticly trying to dig out the last from the corners. BUT it can be replaced. I think Rimmel and Loreal as well have made some really lovely products out there as this is a beat steap pricewise.
I enjoyed it very much - but will not repurchase.