E.L.F. Cosmetics Beautifully Bare Natural Glow Face Palette

E.L.F. Cosmetics Beautifully Bare Natural Glow Face Palette
e.l.f. Beautifully Bare Total Face Palette - swatc

I'm fair, pale & slightly warm, about NC 15. This palette is perfect for me although I boost the blush color by layering it over a cream blush on my cheeks. The highlighter is maybe my favorite shade of the 4 in this palette: a pale coolish silver-taupe. I use it often as an eyeshadow and it's gorgeous foiled this way. Both blushes and the bronzer/contour can also work as an eyeshadow, especially the peachier of the blushes which can serve as orange-leaning transition color. Agree that it prob. won't work on darker complexions, but the fact that the shades are softer means you can use it without any risk of overdoing it.

on 8/17/2017 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

A wonderful, inexpensive palette with soft and buttery powder highlight, blush and contour shades. The highlight is a beige/taupe shade with a soft subtle shimmer but does show up on my skin in a very flattering way, not chunky or glittery at all. The other 3 powders are soft matte. Two options for blush - pink and peach - which look nice on their own but even better when blended together. There is a yellow undertone in the contour/bronzer shade, definitely does not pull orange or red, more like a golden tan shade, very much like Benefit's Hoola bronzer. I think this palette is best suited for fair to light/medium skin tones otherwise they likely won't show up. I found the contour shade needed some serious swatching to remove whatever layer was on top before it would show up but once I uncovered it I've been happy with the amount of pigmentation. I have been really enjoying this palette, even more than the IT Cosmetics one I have which is also about 10 times the cost. They named this palette perfectly because it truly is "Beautifully Bare - Soft and Subtle". Packaging is quite nice with a large mirror and silver case, although it does easily show fingerprints. If you have pale/fair skin I recommend you give this a try. I have somewhere between fair and medium skin tone and I have no problem with this showing up on my skin and I use all 4 powders equally in the palette which is a bit of a surprise because there is usually at least one that is useless. Not so with this collection. Well done e.l.f. If anything were to happen to this or if I finish it, I would repurchase in a New York minute.

on 7/21/2017 11:02:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I don't know why this is $8.00, maybe it's the pretty mirror finish packaging.
Anyway two blushes, one highlighter, and a bronzer/contour with absolutely no pigment and a kind of firm finish. Bare indeed!
I don't think this would show up on Snow White's face.

on 3/27/2017 2:04:00 PM

3/5 stars for me because the 2 blushes are horribly pigmented. I couldn't imagine these showing up even a bit on even a fair skinned person. I could not build them up to show any color on my medium skin tone. The packaging did not specify it was only for fair skin tones.
The bronzer is okay, I see it as a contour if I lay it heavy since I am medium toned. It is a light bronzer and it is matte. The highlight is pretty and my favorite from the palette. If applied heavy it will give a wet skin effect, very fine milled mica. Looks nice on my medium skin tone. Packaging is pretty and versatile as I can pop out those blushes and use the ones from the other ELF blush palette. I know some people don't like mirror packaging, but I love it.

on 7/29/2017 9:06:00 AM

This costs 24$ here in Norway. For a drug store that's pricey. The highlight was no show on my skin, and bronzer to light.

on 8/7/2017 6:11:00 PM

LOVE this palette! It's one of the few face palettes i've found for my pale skin. The bronzer is soft enough and not to orange. The blushes and highlighter are also subtle, which i fine a good thing. Definitly recommend if you have pale skin

I like this very much but it does have a few cons.
What I like:

The sleek new silver case
Pop out blushes ( If I change it out with my other blushes from elf. Though the black frame/containers may look odd with the silver interior) The outside cover gets scratches easily.
Now for the product :
That the blush shades are peach coral and matte. Most of my blushes or drugstore tend to be cool toned.
The ochre shade on the bottom right can be used as a bronzer and contour and blends well with the peach. Fine for light to light/medium skin tones.

The only not so good area is the highlighter is kind of weak. If you are a fan of super shimmery shades you may be disappointed. I frankly hate most shimmers but could make it work depending on where I place it on my face. It's subtle but will probably rarely use it so for me it's a waste of space. I would have preferred a matte powder for daytime let me a like a 'banana powder' for setting and even out shadows.

on 2/23/2017 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I can't believe this only has a few reviews - this is a great palette! Compared to the blush palette by e.l.f. that I have (dark) - the blush colors in this are much lighter, but that's what I was looking for. I wanted something a bit more subtle, just to change things up. This is it. Blush goes on light but still really pretty. The contour color is AWESOME, I find that it's about a medium-strength contour compared to the lighter side of the blushes. But you can definitely apply the contour and blush with a heavy hand, and layer the color beautifully.

The only color I am wishy-washy on is the "highlight" or the lighter white shimmer/champagne shade. For me, it's a bit too dark toned to be a highlight and it didn't show up at all on my cheeks. I still love the color though, but I wouldn't use it on my face. I used it on my eyes instead :) However, since I used the white on my eyelids (barely a shimmer shows) you pretty much do have a total face palette, white for your eyeshadow, the 2 blushes and then a contour. You could grab this for spring/summer travels and be set. Or use just this palette all spring. Perfect subtle palette.

I did notice that my packaging wasn't "metal" like others have mentioned - it's shiny, but doesn't feel like metal. I believe it's chrome painted plastic, but it's still pretty. I didn't have issues with fingerprints on it.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Finally, a full face palette that actually works for me!! I love to take this with me when I travel as my only contour/blush/highlight products, which saves so much space. I have very fair skin and all of the products in here look great on me. Truly my favorite ELF product!

on 5/2/2016 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I haven’t been very interested in the Beautiful Bare line of e.l.f., but in one of the online special I decided to give a couple of elements a try and the Total Face Palette was one of them. When I got it and saw the bronzer and highlight, I did not love it; especially the bronzer, I thought that it would be to light to give me any color payoff (I am a NC20), but the first day I used the palette, I loved it & it has become my daily bronzer/blush/highlight. The bronzer gives me a nice warmth to my face without looking to bronzed/tanned; the blushes are very pigmented so if you are not careful instead of peachy or rosy cheeks you can end up with clown cheeks; and finally the highlight is a champagne color, thought it would be chunky and glittery, but it is very smooth and gave me a nice glow to my cheeks. Not of the products are patchy and they last on my skin all day (I have normal to dry skin).
The only downside for other might be that this is not a palette for everyone, maybe some people with medium skin could get nice color payoff, but for darker skin only the blushes and maybe the highlight. Hope elf does a more versions of this palette for the different skin tones.
Also It was great for traveling, compact, big mirror and essential face makeup :)