Aveeno Absolutely Ageless Restorative Night Cream

Aveeno Absolutely Ageless Restorative Night Cream

4.5

on 10/15/2017 12:31:00 AM

Very pleased with this night cream. I normally use CeraVe or Boots no7 products, along with vitamin C serums, oils etc...decided to try some products from the Aveeno line. I'm 47, combo skin, no acne, and no crazy wrinkles yet. I have been using this cream, along with the day cream that has SPF15 for about 30 days now, and have been happy with the overall clarity/tone, and plumpness of my skin.. The only real negative is the sizes of their products are very small compared to the large bottles/ tubes that CeraVe comes in, but I will definitely repurchase, as Walgreens and Rite aid always have good sales on Aveeno.

on 8/31/2017 7:14:00 PM

I received some deluxe samples/travel sized bottles to try from an event. A lot of people raved about Aveeno’s Positively Radiant Daily SPF Moisturizer and after trying it, I wasn’t sure why everyone raved about it. So I went in with the lowest expectations of this product as I could. I didn’t have any other night creams left beside samples like these.

The samples came in a squeeze tube and a thick peanut sized amount seemed to work best. I’m not sure why the night cream comes in a twist-off tub, while the other products in the line all come in the nice air-pump style dispenser. I hate the extra step of The light floral scent is wonderful! The texture of the cream is light & airy. Judging by the texture, I was certain this wouldn’t provide enough hydration for me overnight. I have combo skin, leaning mostly towards the dry/dehydrated side, but during the summer, I get an oily t-zone and dryness from office air-conditioning. To my surprise, this gave me decent hydration/moisture overnight. My face didn’t feel dry when I woke up. It gave me a slightly smoother skin texture, which also surprised me. This is a good option for the summertime as it doesn’t feel heavy or doesn’t suffocate my skin.

At about $16, I can see this being a popular option for anyone with normal skin, on a budget, and can just pick this up at your local Target. For someone like me who obsesses over kbeauty/jbeauty and wants extremely effective products (without an extremely heavy pricetag), I still think there are kbeauty/jbeauty options out there in the same price range that would have a better long-term effect.

on 5/20/2017 9:50:00 PM

This is the only moisturizer I have ever bought five times over. This stuff is amazing. I have very sensitive skin from years of using acne products. I definitely have combination skin. Im always trying to get my 'glow' back. Well, I finally have a glow as well a small improved texture and feel! I cannot reccomend this product more highly. It brought my skin back to life. It's not sticky or greasy. Not overly heavy or awfully perfumed. Just perfect. I don't look like Jennifer Aniston but I am a better version of myself;)

on 11/28/2016 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I never buy this brand because I always think of it as pretending to be natural, and not really natural, but I can't resist a product that has all 5 star reviews. I got it, tried it and so far I love it. I'm quite happy with the anti-aging products I've been using but I just had to try this. As it costs about 1/4 as much as the pricey ones, if the results are as good I may keep buying it. Yes, it has a fragrance, but it doesn't bother me, though I am highly sensitive. This one clearly does not have the questionable ingredients that broke me out. I was tempted to buy the serum also, and I will if this one proves to be a success.

Update Dec 7/16. It's a good enough moisturizer but not really great. I'll use it, but it's no better than Pond's Dry Skin Cream at one third the price. Except the texture is more of a light gel and not oily. I don't plan to buy this again. It's nice, it's non allergenic, but it's nothing special. For true anti aging results I'll stick to my Vichy and Roc products.

Update Jan 7/17. Just a note to add that this got used up really fast because it contains so much water. It is great but not really a bargain as there is less cream and more water in it than most other moisturizers I've tried. But: I loved it and I miss it. Although I have plenty of other moisture creams I am going to get this again. There's something just silky and soft about the way it makes my skin feel. I'm changing "buy again" to "yes."

Update Mar 4/17. I missed this, even though I have several moisturizers and creams that are fine. They bore me. I missed the silky, cool feeling this gave me. So I got some more! Guess I'll keep buying it as long as they make it. Why do I love it? It just feels so nice, and the other ones aren't making me have young skin again either - nothing will now so I'll use the one that feels nicest (I also still love the pleasant smell, which I am not allergic to).

Please note: this is not the same as the "Positively Ageless Night Cream" which has much lower ratings. It's a completely different product and far gentler. I would not try the other Aveeno creams after seeing how many people were sensitive to them.

Update June 24/17: I still love this cream. It's not true that it's no different than Pond's or any other cream. It gives me a youthful glow without a coating of grease. That's worth something. I'm using it all the time in the summer for that reason. It combats dry skin without being annoyingly oily. I love it.

LOVE this! Light, super moisturizing without being greasy, scent is heavenly, but doesn't linger, and it actually does have a plumping, firming effect. I've had much better results with this than the Olay Regenerist line, which tends to leave my skin drier in the long run. My new go-to line -- love the serum and day cream, too.

on 6/9/2016 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

SO GOOD. SO NICE. I got this based on the first two reviews and man am I glad. I have oily but dehydrated skin and this makes me excited to wash my face in the morning because of how bouncy and smooth my skin is. Great moisturizer. Kinda pricey at 30 dollars CAD but I got it on sale for 22 and I can deal.

Wow! I actually find this nightcream to be really light and absorbs quickly which I love. I was using eminence moisturizers and I found they were too heavy.
Love the scent. I got home after I bought it and used it a few times and I swear my skin looked better after one night.
Probably a coincidence but I got IDed today at the liquor store and I'm 30. May be my holy grail

I LOVE THIS NIGHT CREAM!!! I'm sorry, I had to use all caps to show my enthusiasm for this product. I have struggled with finding a good, moisturizing night cream that doesn't clog my pores or cause me to break out. In fact, I thought it was like a unicorn, a magical potion that didn't exist, but IT DOES!! This moderately thick cream sinks into my skin and I wake up with the most plump, moisturized, lovely skin. It doesn't break me out, and I can use it under my eyes and it doesn't cause me any issues. My only gripe is that it comes in a tub, instead of with a pump...I don't know why companies do that, it's annoying. Their SPF daytime moisturizer comes in a lovely pump, so I wish they'd put the night cream in the same container, that would be awesome. Also, I think it's a bit pricey, but it's comparable to other night creams on the market, so maybe that's just me. Anyhow, I love it and I will definitely buy it again.

Popular Moisturizers