Almay One Coat Multi-Benefit Mascara

Almay One Coat Multi-Benefit Mascara

on 3/22/2017 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this mascara! My natural lashes are short and thin, almost invisible. I have to use good stuff to enhance them effectively. Some of my favorites are loreal miss manga and the loreal superstar mascaras. Tried this almay today and its GREAT. Great volume and length. Its a keeper!

on 12/29/2016 1:03:00 AM

After trying many mascaras he and ds I'm returning to allay. It's the only company that doesn't make my eyes irritated and red. Thank you Almay!

on 11/18/2016 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this because of the positive reviews and this does lengthen and thicken somewhat. But it flakes all day. I can't put up with that.

on 9/15/2016 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have been using Estee Lauder Double Wear mascara for years because it is the only mascara I have tried that doesn't give me racoon eyes. I have very full cheeks and it seems like my lashes touch the tops of my cheeks when I blink and definitely when I smile, so literally every other mascara I have tried - including waterproof formulas, smudges terribly on me. But I ran out of EL and I was in the drugstore and reached for Almay's One Coat Multi Benefit Waterproof mascara. I have to say, I think I might ditch the EL for this one. It performs just as well, possibly better. No smudging, just a few tiny flakes after hours of wear (which are easily brushed away), and dark, thick full lashes. Plus it comes off very easily with DHC cleansing oil. This is a big thumbs up from me, and I am delighted to have found a less expensive alternative that performs just as well, if not better.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really had forgotten how much I loved Almay eye products until I bought this mascara. I was unsure about buying the regular vs waterproof because my eyes water. But I decided to try out the regular and I was kind of suprised. There was a lot less smudging than with waterproof. It makes sense because oily eyes don't mix well with waterproof. AND, part of the reason my eyes water is my makeup choices. Anyway, this is a solid non-chunky, soft mascara that leaves your lashes fluttery. ❤️👍🏻

on 8/24/2016 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

UPDATE 2/9/17: Argh. Maybe I got an old one this time? Maybe the formula is different? I dunno. I bought it at a busy Target, so it shouldn't be stale, but it flaked by the second hour. Dropping the rating, and looking for a replacement. 😢

UPDATE 8/31/16: Bought the 2nd tube, but didn't notice that it wasn't the waterproof version. Didn't bother my eyes, but didn't look like much either. Returned it for the waterproof, and I'm a happy camper again! I won't wait as long next time, as the fresh tube has NO flaking, and I'll make sure to get the WATERPROOF.

Original review: Just about to buy my second tube. Love this product! Doesn't bother my terribly sensitive eyes, stays all day--often 14 hours or more, only microscopic smudging, even though I use an actual eye cream under my eyes after mascara and before concealer. Very, very minimal flaking, and only occasionally, so I think that may be related to *which* eye cream I've used that day--or maybe to the tube getting a bit past its prime.. I do have to wipe the tip on a tissue before using, but that's true for me with any mascara. The look is lovely--volume, length, no clumping. One coat really is plenty for daytime, sometimes two for something special, but no more. And so reasonably priced! I'm a very happy camper!

I really enjoy this mascara. First off, the packaging is nice and classic. White tube with blue lid. Nothing crazy, just nice and clean. I really enjoy the brush, it reminds me of the Loreal voluminous brush, it's just a normal looking mascara brush. However, even though the brush isn't a crazy shape, it does everything it claims to do. Gives me added volume, length, and definition. it really does an amazing job at what it says it will do. it also has keratin in it which I enjoy because my eyelashes don't feel crunchy. I also have experienced NO flaking or smudging whatsoever. For the price, this is a great mascara, and I would give it a try.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

UPDATE: They were out of this mascara so I bought another and I stumbled upon a great find. Almay is still a great mascara but I found one that I love even better - Neutrogena Healthy Length Mascara. It has all the great things I speak of below but the results are better. Lashes long and full - no flaking. Easy removal with face wash. Love it!

Lets start this review with what I am working with. I have short, thin, light eyelashes and I wear contacts.

What I want is darker, longer, thicker lashes that last all day and do not flake. Plus I buy the regular not waterproof because I want to be able to wash it ALL off at the end of the day.

Well, this product does not disappoint and here are some of my observations:
1. This mascara does not have a weird smell;
2. There is no weird shaped wand involved;
3. This mascara builds my lashes without having to use three coats to do so (one coat is sufficent;
4. This mascara adds the volume I want without having to use three coats (one coat is sufficent;;
5. It lasts all day;
6. It does not flake into my eyes;
7. It removes easily with my Neutrogena Naturals face wash; and
8. It is reasonably priced.

This has become my go-to mascara. I love it. I recommend you try it especially if you have eyelashes like mine.