The Body Shop Pink Grapefruit Body Sorbet

No Image

2.5

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 12/5/2016 12:02:00 AM

I don't have many good things to say about this product. The packaging is cute and it smells really good, and the texture is very interesting, but I would absolutely not recommend it. I have mildly sensitive skin and this product irritated it a lot, and not after continuous use, after 2-3 uses my skin was *very* irritated. It's more expensive than other similar, better products and definitely not worth the money.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

The Body Shop Pink Grapefruit Sorbet has the same pink grapefruit scent as all of the other products in the range (body butter, shower gel, etc...) so no suprises there! The sorbet however is a texture of body lotion unlike any other I have tried. I find that it works best when your skin is completely dry (not damp). You simply apply a small amount and rub it in. The sorbet then creates an almost powdery texture as you're rubbing. It takes a minute or so to dry down, before then it will feel powdery, but when it dries your skin is left soft and hydrated. I don't feel any 'cooling sensation' that the Body Shop claims will occur when using this product. I do think it is a great summer lotion as it is quite light to use. The product is very thick but you do need quite a lot to cover your body. I do seem to be running out of this product quite quickly (whereas I've had body butters and lotions sitting around for over half a year). I like the scent, but would not use this formula again.

Popular Lotions / Creams