Commodity - Mimosa

2.0

1 review

on 4/27/2016 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

You ever come across a fragrance that you actually like, but it just doesn't work for you? That's Commodity's Mimosa for me. I obtained the $24 travel spray from Sephora, which is an average price for travel-sized fragrances from there. I don't like to commit to the larger bottles unless I know it's something I really love.

According to the Sephora website, it's supposed to have notes of "Blood Orange, Mandarin, Grapefruit, Black Pepper, Sheer Jasmine, Geranium, Tonka Bean, Heliotrope, Ylang Ylang."

On me, the black pepper definitely comes through along with the mandarin. I don't experience the grapefruit, jasmine, and other scents as much. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but the mandarin fades very quickly (we're talking under a minute here) and the black pepper comes through very strong until it fades. I remember when I first tested it out on a paper tester, it did definitely smell like the drink! Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way on me.

On my body, this doesn't last long. I'm aware more citrus-y scents typically do not have a strong lasting power, but in under 10 minutes, a lot of the scent has faded away. It remains if I smell my wrists, but it's very light.

I like the scent, I just don't like the weak staying power and how it's mostly black pepper on me. I still think it's a nice fragrance, it just didn't work for me or my body chemistry.

Popular Fragrances