wet n wild MegaGlo Highlighting Powder - Precious Petals

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
wet n wild MegaGlo Highlighting Powder -  Precious Petals
MegaGlo Highlighting Powder -  Precious PetalsMegaGlo Highlighting Powder -  Precious Petals

4.8

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

GREAT highlighter regardless of price. No obvious glitter (hate hate hate), and can be built up to suit your glowing needs. Perfect for day, and can transition to a night look too. Swatches a warm champagne tone on me 🥂

I absolutely love this highlighter.

It can be applied sparingly for a subtle sheen, or piled on for that blinding glow. I can use it for everyday, and also for stage performances due to its versatility.

Although, the more you put on, the higher the chance of it looking powdery. But some setting spray will fix that.

Only complaint is that I wish the packaging is more secure - I'd prefer if there's a click when closing the lid. But it's not that big a deal.

Would recommend to anyone and everyone.

on 12/14/2017 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I picked this up at Walgreens for $2. Its a lovely golden powder highlighter. Its buttery smooth and very easy to apply with a brush or just a finger. It would look beautiful on tanned skin too. Sadly, its a tad too shimmery for my normal-dry skin (LOLA). I'm using BECCA liquid products which are more glowy than shimmery.

on 11/13/2017 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This has so many rave reviews but I think its just meh. It doesn't show up very well on me, it takes quite a bit of building it up. And the color is too pink for me and also too glittery. The main reason I got this was the reviews said it wasn't glittery, that it looked "lit from within". But, its just another glitter highlighter. Not bad for $6 tho

I’m absolutely in LOVE with this highlighter it will highlight you to the gods!! It’s my everyday highlighter and it last me all day I don’t need to touch up or anything. It’s very affordable, I definitely recommend.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

HOLY GRAIL!! Absolutely love this product! For its price, it shows amazing results. I use it as a daily highlighter and it gives me a pretty, glowy look. I would also have to say that this highlighter even out does some of the high end highlighters out there which is pretty impressive. Its honestly a steal!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Woo woo wet n wild stepping up their game. Honestly I'm not a rich woman so I can't afford high end highlighters, but when I bought this I immediately thought of champagne pop from Becca. I love the color, very easy to build and easy to apply. Looooove this! Also its kind of a mix of a sheen with some glitter but I notice the sheen more. Very lovely and affordable. Buy this you won't regret it.

on 5/20/2017 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I had wanted this for a while. This is sold out in drug stores in my neighborhood (actually the WnW shelves always have very little stock left) so I had to go a bit far afield to find one. An inexpensive champagne rose gold highlighter suitable for my mature, matte loving, NC 30-35 combination skin. It's relatively subtle when applied with a light hand, can be mixed or layered with various other cosmetics and lasts. Am getting to the age where my love of matte texture isn't always the most flattering, so this is a welcome addition. I most often follow the recommendation to apply highlighter under foundation (a variation on Wayne Goss technique of mixing luminizer into foundation or tInted moisturizer) for a more subtle glow.

I also bought the other colorway: Crown Your Canopy (which I also reviewed under the general listing for Megaglow highlighter). CYC is darker, warmer, more burnished, equally lovely. On me, it's a subtle warm bronze luster (actually more subtle than Precious petals). Warm pale skin tones might find CYC too orange.Over primer, these highlighters last and dont leave obvious glitter residue (my issue with NARS orgasm and south beach multi stick). There is fall out and kickback/dusting, but for the price, and due to the ease of blending, I don't mind. Given how sparingly I use this, one pan will last a long time.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This right here is the very reason I cannot justify splurging on a highlighter again. I just can't. This highlighter is gorgeous. There's no chunky glitter; just a beautiful champagne glow. It's what I call a "sophisticated" glow much like Becca's as they blend so seamlessly into the skin. This definitely gives that wet appearance and isn't just great for the price. It just is.

Will repurchase.

on 12/31/2016 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I hyperventilate every time I put on this highlight. It's a downright metallic shine, very pigmented, very soft and shows up and blends super evenly to a golden glow even when very little product it applied. It's like liquid gold in a pan, you're gonna be DRENCHED whether with a gingerly light touch with a finger or with a brush. The powder is very soft to the touch, yet doesn't kick up a ton of gold dust when touched, since the texture is so creamy. There's nothing I dislike about it. The only thing I'll say though, I'm a bit iffy with the tone, it's so warm and bronzy I cannot build it up too much, or else it's gonna show as a bronze stripe on my skin (I'm a pale yellow-olive person, very cool toned). And the packaging doesn't shut easily and securely enough for me, I wish the clasp was easier to pry open and close. Other than that, the packaging when closed is almost a sleek solid block of good quality plastic. The clear lid, allowing the peoduct to be seen, is beautiful and inviting. It does make the texture shows though, it basically gilds your skin in gold so if you have lots of texture on your skin do be careful with it. I have textured skin plus the tone doesn't exactly fit, but I can still get away with a light hand plus a few extra swirls to blend out, very easily and effortlessly glam. I adore this formula, I hope they'd expand the range with more interesting shades like duochrome or lavender/pink/blue/green even.