wet n wild MegaGlo Highlighting Powder - Precious Petals

Filtered by hair type : Curly
wet n wild MegaGlo Highlighting Powder -  Precious Petals
MegaGlo Highlighting Powder -  Precious PetalsMegaGlo Highlighting Powder -  Precious Petals

4.5

on 10/7/2018 2:52:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This highlighter is fantastic. Picked it up at CVS on a whim while considering the purchase of a high end highlighter palette and saved myself a good bit of cash! The light color is perfect on my lily-white skin and the product stays relatively well on my brushes. I find it to be subtle which is good because at my age I don't want my face to look like a glitter bomb. I use it on my widow's peak and cheekbones and it looks lovely. The packaging sucks, I have a hard time opening it so I took off a lippie. For the price though, this is a great find.

on 5/4/2018 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I just got this highlighter a week ago and I like it, it's not powdery at all and the price is so good, it's not blinding at the first layer but you can build the intensity and that's really nice, you don't need a lot of product to show up in your skin. The color is so pretty, had nothing like that in my collection, is like a rose-gold tone with a yellow base. The engraving is beautiful, I try not to touch it just because I want it to last a little bit more.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is hands down the best drugstore powder highlighter I've found for pale skin. I love all of the options out there, but with almost paperwhite skin, it's hard to find something that can illuminate without being obvious, glittery, or the wrong hue for my coloration. I love that this looks natural, doesn't add a strange color to my cheek, and is insanely affordable. If you are eyeing a particular highlighter, check if this line has a similar shade, you might be able to save yourself a decent bit of cash.

My biggest wish is that this becomes a drugstore item widely available, because having to buy it online is annoying. Walgreen's does carry it and have free site to store though!

on 11/5/2017 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Let me just pile on the love for this product. I have a horrible makeup sin to confess: I did not use highlighter until about a month ago. I decided to try highlighting to give my complexion a much needed boost, and after researching, decided to try this one as a cheap alternative to The Balm's Mary Lou-Manizer (which I have a generous sample size of, thanks to Ipsy).

Wet n Wild is cheap makeup, so the packaging is not going to be spectacular. However, unlike their eyeshadow singles which I have to use tweezers to pry open (lest I gouge my nail polish, which I will NOT do because I'm a nail snob), this opens easily and stays closed securely. I was pleasantly surprised. Of course as you can see by the picture, there is a lovely floral imprint on the product, which enhances the aesthetic appeal. Who doesn't like buying pretty makeup?

The texture of the product is buttery, soft, fine textured and smooth. My brush picks it up very easily and it distributes evenly. If you use a heavy hand, you can get a disco ball/Cullen effect if that's what you're going for, but with a light hand and proper blending, this gives just the right amount of "glow" to my complexion. My skin is approximately NW25-30 in tone, and this shows up on me as a sort of champagne/candlelight color. It is simply lovely. I set my make up with setting spray, and this highlighter does not fade or come off for 12 hours. I love it.

The price point is excellent, the quality is excellent, and since this little gem is reportedly hard to find, if you can get your hands on it, buy a back up (I did).

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

HOLY GRAIL!! Absolutely love this product! For its price, it shows amazing results. I use it as a daily highlighter and it gives me a pretty, glowy look. I would also have to say that this highlighter even out does some of the high end highlighters out there which is pretty impressive. Its honestly a steal!

on 6/3/2017 12:20:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

this highlighter is such good quality for the price! wet n wild has really stepped up their game, and this highlighter is comparable to higher end dupes!unfortunately the color is a little too coppery for my skin tone since i'm pretty pale. however, i still use it on my cheekbones and eyes when i want a more sun-kissed look and will DEFINITELY use it after i tan a bit this summer! it stays on all day and isn't chunky or glittery, totally worth picking up!

on 4/8/2017 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I finally managed to snag one of these at Walmart and just wow!! It's very pigmented and I love the champagne gold color. My highlighter addiction hasn't quite caught up with my lipstick collection but it's up there and this is an HG!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

In a word: STUNNING. Seriously ladies, is there any doubt that the drugstore has really upped their game as of late? WnW has always been my favorite drugstore makeup brand along with Maybelline and Physicians Formula (a new addition), and when it comes to powder products (blush, bronzers, eyeshadow & yes! Highlighters) these guys can do no wrong..

Precious Petals is a pale champagne-rose gold hybrid that is exceptionally finely-milled and pigmented, has shimmer with no glitter, and does not emphasize texture or problem areas as far as I can tell. Just really even, breathtaking sheen! And for $4, it's worth it to pick this up as an eyeshadow even if you don't think the color will work as a highlighter. My skin is almost a bit too pale part of the year for this as a highlighter, but I'm still rocking it because it also works as a blush-topper/ inner eye highlight.

The packaging is very basic but functional; I'm not a makeup snob, as long as something closes securely and gets the job done.. I do not care. The product inside is a treasure so WnW gets a free pass. Kudos for cruelty-free as well. Definitely a drugstore score nobody who loves highlighters should sleep on!

on 2/13/2017 10:24:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I love this product ! It's not too glittery and the pigmentation is nice! I would say this is a dupe for mac soft and gentle ! They both glide on the same! This highlighter is really pretty and affordable!

on 12/10/2016 7:43:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

There's something about this highlight that is so beautiful to me. The color is so unique in my collection. It's kind of a subtle peach with a golden reflect, with hints of rose gold in certain lights. I love love love love the color. it's very flattering on my skin tone and even if it wasn't I'd still buy it, because the color is so gorgeous. Wet n Wild highlights have SUCH aesthetically pleasing colors. However, the formula of this particular highlight is not my absolute favorite. It's not as smooth as I'd like, it appears a bit powdery on my skin and accentuates my pores more than I need it to. I've found a way around this, though. I just apply it with a wet beauty sponge (very carefully because this highlight is SUPER pigmented and wetting it intensifies it even more). Next, I set that base with a thin layer of the same highlight, this time dry and applied with a brush. This method deftly removes all the chunkiness and powderiness and gives the highlight the most stunning, smooth, finish. When I utilize this method, the highlight really does appear just like a sheen of light on my face. This highlight is definitely more geared towards people who don't have large pores or texture issues. It's slightly annoying that I have to take this extra step to make the highlight work better for me but it's pretty much dirt cheap so I don't really mind all that much.