wet n wild MegaGlo Highlighting Powder - Precious Petals

Filtered by skin type : Dry
wet n wild MegaGlo Highlighting Powder -  Precious Petals
MegaGlo Highlighting Powder -  Precious PetalsMegaGlo Highlighting Powder -  Precious Petals

4.5

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This highlighter is absolutely amazing. It's seriously the best powder highlighter I've ever tried. For years before trying this, Becca powder highlighter in champagne pop was my holy grail powder highlighter, but it's been bested by a highlighter that costs a couple bucks! Precious Petals is actually quite similar to Becca Champagne Pop in all regards, the color, finish, and pigmented, but there are some differences, and those differences are why I prefer this.

Let's start with the shade-this is about a shade darker than Champagne Pop and more beige and rosy as well. C-pop is very peachy, a golden sort of peachy. Precious Petals really is similar, but more natural looking. I'm about nc15 (leaning more towards neutral) and this isn't too dark for me at all. It's actually the perfect shade. C-pop has the tendency to look garish on me if I accidentally over-apply.

The finish-amazeballs!! This is THE perfect powder highlighter for that dewy wet look! I'm overjoyed becase I *love* that look (I hate powder highlighter that actually looks powdery) but find actual liquid highlighters a bit tedious to work with, especially when I'm crunched for time. Despite what it looks like in the pan, it's not the slightest bit glittery, just the most gorgeous wet, dewy sheen.

Pigmentation-not sure if this is the right word here, maybe the word I'm looking for is opacity? Anyway, this is very pigmented and opaque, but not as much as C-pop which can be easy to accidentally overdo. Precious Petals is much easier to work with. That being said, I still recommend applying this with a duo-fiber brush and lightly tapping it on, then blend by gently swirling the brush over it. Sounds finicky, I know, but this really is quick and easy to work with.

Even the packaging is super pretty! And it's cruelty free. All in all, I can't think of a single negative to this. I can't wait to try some of the other shades!

5/5
☆☆☆☆☆

on 12/17/2017 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Because WnW is not all that widely available in Canada, I was especially delighted to see this highlighter at the Pharmaplus near the school where I teach. I grabbed it, anticipating a nice option to my pricier highlighters. Sadly, this applies much darker than I expected and than all the swatches/reviews I'd seen online. I'll still use this, I guess, but it just doesn't give the effect I was hoping for.

on 9/18/2017 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

It's nice but too sparkly (glittery) in direct light like sunlight or in a well light room. In a dimly lit environment it looks nice. I like a highlighter that is more of a sheen and this is not it. I honestly don't think this is worth the hype. The essence pure nude highlighter is much nicer than this IMO.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

OMG this is GORGEOUS! I can't believe this is a drugstore highlighter. It can give high end brands a run for the money. Okay, packaging is cheap acrylic but who cares! I almost didn't buy this because it looked kind of dark to me but it's a beautiful golden shade that delivers every time. I like Essence Pure Nude for the winter when I'm paler because it's a subtle "every day glow" kind of highlight but this one by WnW is serious business. Great for days/nights where I want some extra oomph and perfect for everyday in the summer when I have a tan. The texture is soft, smooth, buttery, it doesn't kick up powder and isn't chunky or glittery. Can I mention the pretty pattern stamped into the product?? If you haven't picked this up yet, what are you waiting for???!!! Don't delay (like I did) because you are missing out on a truly fantastic product that costs next to nothing. I nearly purchased the Diorskin Nude Air Luminizing Powder (at 10 times the cost) but when I swatched them side by side I just couldn't justify getting Dior over WnW. Okay, Dior is outstanding and the packaging is to die for, but in the end, the results made the decision easy for me. I really love Dior products but I'm blown away by this Wet 'n' Wild Precious Petals highlighter.

on 4/8/2017 7:48:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I finally managed to snag one of these at Walmart and just wow!! It's very pigmented and I love the champagne gold color. My highlighter addiction hasn't quite caught up with my lipstick collection but it's up there and this is an HG!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is really good for the price. It's not quite as champagne as it appears online. There is a touch of gold or almost a rose gold in there. If it were champagne it would be much easier for people with fair skin tones to wear it, and I've heard several people say that they'd have to wear it as an eyeshadow instead, or wait for summer. The sheen it gives isn't chunky or heavy looking. If you put this in a luxury compact most people would not know that it's Wet n Wild. No wonder if was so sought after for months. Now it's permanent.

Great product for the price dupe for becca champagne pop!!!

on 7/25/2016 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a beautiful product and it's hard to believe the price considering the overall quality and effect on the skin. It's better than many higher priced items - glowing, soft and youthful on the skin. Really great product. Save your money and buy this instead of a higher priced highlighter.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Got mine in the mail yesterday, it's just as delightful as everyone is saying! really hope WnW makes this permanent. very foiled & shiny & not glittery or chunky at all. Precious Petals is a relatively neutral shade too. if you can find it buy it up!!

on 5/17/2016 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This review is actually for other color, crown of my canopy, it is a warm bronze shade. It's LE so didn't want create new review. Wet 'n wild def. has some good quality affordable items. This is a highlight that leaves a nice sheen not glitter sine on skin, it's very god for a DS powder. I wear this color on cheekbones over my matte bronzer. It's nice, gives me a glow for this early summer time. I'm glad i purchased. Wish this shade had a bit less orange tone to it but o well. Still works on my light skin.