wet n wild MegaGlo Highlighting Powder - Precious Petals

wet n wild MegaGlo Highlighting Powder -  Precious Petals
MegaGlo Highlighting Powder -  Precious Petals

4.6

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This highlighter is absolutely amazing. It's seriously the best powder highlighter I've ever tried. For years before trying this, Becca powder highlighter in champagne pop was my holy grail powder highlighter, but it's been bested by a highlighter that costs a couple bucks! Precious Petals is actually quite similar to Becca Champagne Pop in all regards, the color, finish, and pigmented, but there are some differences, and those differences are why I prefer this.

Let's start with the shade-this is about a shade darker than Champagne Pop and more beige and rosy as well. C-pop is very peachy, a golden sort of peachy. Precious Petals really is similar, but more natural looking. I'm about nc15 (leaning more towards neutral) and this isn't too dark for me at all. It's actually the perfect shade. C-pop has the tendency to look garish on me if I accidentally over-apply.

The finish-amazeballs!! This is THE perfect powder highlighter for that dewy wet look! I'm overjoyed becase I *love* that look (I hate powder highlighter that actually looks powdery) but find actual liquid highlighters a bit tedious to work with, especially when I'm crunched for time. Despite what it looks like in the pan, it's not the slightest bit glittery, just the most gorgeous wet, dewy sheen.

Pigmentation-not sure if this is the right word here, maybe the word I'm looking for is opacity? Anyway, this is very pigmented and opaque, but not as much as C-pop which can be easy to accidentally overdo. Precious Petals is much easier to work with. That being said, I still recommend applying this with a duo-fiber brush and lightly tapping it on, then blend by gently swirling the brush over it. Sounds finicky, I know, but this really is quick and easy to work with.

Even the packaging is super pretty! And it's cruelty free. All in all, I can't think of a single negative to this. I can't wait to try some of the other shades!

5/5
☆☆☆☆☆

on 6/11/2018 6:23:00 PM

This is an amazing highlighter, especially for the price. It's a beautiful rose gold colour that can work on a variety, but not all skin tones. I am very fair myself and I find I can use this very lightly and have a nice glow or build it up to be blinding. On a more medium skin tone it could be very natural looking. The texture is almost "squishy," as opposed to powdery some highlighters are. Because of this I prefer to use a slightly denser tapered brush and find a fan brush isn't the best for this. It's not very expensive and if you're thinking of picking this up go for it! Even if you don't like this shade this much the whole line is great.

on 5/18/2018 2:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is a beautiful highlighter, it's definitely buildable and provides a very flattering glow to the skin and wears well throughout the day. I will say if you are particularly fair, it may be a bit dark for you but if you are NC20+ you will enjoy this product. The packaging is a bit cheap but given the price, it is reasonable. I highly recommend this highlighter!

on 5/4/2018 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I just got this highlighter a week ago and I like it, it's not powdery at all and the price is so good, it's not blinding at the first layer but you can build the intensity and that's really nice, you don't need a lot of product to show up in your skin. The color is so pretty, had nothing like that in my collection, is like a rose-gold tone with a yellow base. The engraving is beautiful, I try not to touch it just because I want it to last a little bit more.

on 4/17/2018 10:24:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

I really wanted to love this highlighter but alas! It is too bronzy for my NC15 skin, and is not the right shade for highlighting my skin at all. My skin is not super fair, just lighter shade, and even then this was too bronzy for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I had second thoughts about buying this, but when I saw how nice it looked in the package, I thought what the hay. I am so glad I decided to take the plunge and buy this. I actually have this one, the bronze one, and the lavender color. Looks really great on my face, doesn't have that cheap glittery blow back and just blends in like crazy, while somehow giving that "lit from within, healthy skin look." I absolutely love these and don't let the cheap price fool you, these are finely milled, as fine as silk and belie their inexpensive price tag for look, wear and beauty. Love these!

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

GREAT highlighter regardless of price. No obvious glitter (hate hate hate), and can be built up to suit your glowing needs. Perfect for day, and can transition to a night look too. Swatches a warm champagne tone on me 🥂

on 3/19/2018 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

How do I know it’s that good?
When my entire highlighters collection sits in the dark & wait to shine through.(No pun intended) :)
Buttery smooth texture,easily blend, Universally flattering undertone, super reflective, you can build it up to “Outer Space glow” or using a light hand for just a glimpse. $4.99...
What more can I say? ✨

I absolutely love this highlighter.

It can be applied sparingly for a subtle sheen, or piled on for that blinding glow. I can use it for everyday, and also for stage performances due to its versatility.

Although, the more you put on, the higher the chance of it looking powdery. But some setting spray will fix that.

Only complaint is that I wish the packaging is more secure - I'd prefer if there's a click when closing the lid. But it's not that big a deal.

Would recommend to anyone and everyone.

on 2/26/2018 6:04:00 PM

The right amount of pigment, easily bendable and leave a beautiful sheen without looking glittery. What is not to like...? Absolutely love it....