wet n wild MegaGlo Highlighting Powder - Precious Petals

wet n wild MegaGlo Highlighting Powder -  Precious Petals
MegaGlo Highlighting Powder -  Precious PetalsMegaGlo Highlighting Powder -  Precious Petals

4.6

on 12/31/2018 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

For $5 CAD, you can't beat this. This highlighter packs a big beam for just a tiny bit of money. Precious Petals looks perfect on me, especially after I've applied my powder foundation, I look a bit "flat" and 2D. This highlighter brings back dimension to my face. I have found that brushing on the powder is not the best way to apply this. It just kind of sits on the top of your skin, looking a bit dry and powdery, and it doesn't reflect much light. The best way is to dampen your ring finger under tap water, then run it over the powder, then apply it wet to your face. You literally can paint on the beams and then blend them out. I use this wet application on the tops of my cheekbones, lightly along the bridge of my nose, and my chin. I look very glowy. I discovered this wet application after watching a YouTuber say that wet highlighters are the best. She was not wrong, and you can maximize the glow on this powder with a wet application. I've only found this in Rexall in Canada. I would make a trip out to Rexall to buy more of these. It's a ton of fun and yes, so damn cheap for a really nice glow on your face!

on 12/26/2018 6:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This highlighter is really pretty. It gives you a beatufiul glow and doesn't rub off. But the shade Precious Petals was too dark on my fair skin and it left a weird looking shadow. So if you got really fair skin, I wouldn't recommend buying this product but taking a lighter shade.

on 12/24/2018 7:54:00 AM

I stock up on this. This is THE perfect drugstore highlighter- Creamy, VERY pretty on the cheekbones, shimmers into the night, glow from within glow.
What more do you need?

I am SO glad Wet N ' Wild decided to make this permanent.

on 11/19/2018 5:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Fantastic. Amazing. Changed my life (not really). This highlighter could cost 10x as much and it would still be worth every penny. It's soft, creamy, and so densely pigmented I have to use a very gentle hand to apply it otherwise I've got a disco ball on my cheekbones (and I mean that in the best way possible). As long as they keep making it, I'll keep buying it.

Megaglo & Megacheap. Got 2 for $2.50 each! I personally love this way more than stick highlighters because it doesn't rub off my makeup underneath and packs a natural glow without being chunky or overly glittery.

on 10/7/2018 2:52:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This highlighter is fantastic. Picked it up at CVS on a whim while considering the purchase of a high end highlighter palette and saved myself a good bit of cash! The light color is perfect on my lily-white skin and the product stays relatively well on my brushes. I find it to be subtle which is good because at my age I don't want my face to look like a glitter bomb. I use it on my widow's peak and cheekbones and it looks lovely. The packaging sucks, I have a hard time opening it so I took off a lippie. For the price though, this is a great find.

on 7/9/2018 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

My favorite hilighter.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I wasn’t crazy about this product at first but everyone I wear it I get compliments on my skin. I hdvecslmisr every shade but my favorite is blossom glow.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This highlighter is absolutely amazing. It's seriously the best powder highlighter I've ever tried. For years before trying this, Becca powder highlighter in champagne pop was my holy grail powder highlighter, but it's been bested by a highlighter that costs a couple bucks! Precious Petals is actually quite similar to Becca Champagne Pop in all regards, the color, finish, and pigmented, but there are some differences, and those differences are why I prefer this.

Let's start with the shade-this is about a shade darker than Champagne Pop and more beige and rosy as well. C-pop is very peachy, a golden sort of peachy. Precious Petals really is similar, but more natural looking. I'm about nc15 (leaning more towards neutral) and this isn't too dark for me at all. It's actually the perfect shade. C-pop has the tendency to look garish on me if I accidentally over-apply.

The finish-amazeballs!! This is THE perfect powder highlighter for that dewy wet look! I'm overjoyed becase I *love* that look (I hate powder highlighter that actually looks powdery) but find actual liquid highlighters a bit tedious to work with, especially when I'm crunched for time. Despite what it looks like in the pan, it's not the slightest bit glittery, just the most gorgeous wet, dewy sheen.

Pigmentation-not sure if this is the right word here, maybe the word I'm looking for is opacity? Anyway, this is very pigmented and opaque, but not as much as C-pop which can be easy to accidentally overdo. Precious Petals is much easier to work with. That being said, I still recommend applying this with a duo-fiber brush and lightly tapping it on, then blend by gently swirling the brush over it. Sounds finicky, I know, but this really is quick and easy to work with.

Even the packaging is super pretty! And it's cruelty free. All in all, I can't think of a single negative to this. I can't wait to try some of the other shades!

5/5
☆☆☆☆☆

on 6/11/2018 6:23:00 PM

This is an amazing highlighter, especially for the price. It's a beautiful rose gold colour that can work on a variety, but not all skin tones. I am very fair myself and I find I can use this very lightly and have a nice glow or build it up to be blinding. On a more medium skin tone it could be very natural looking. The texture is almost "squishy," as opposed to powdery some highlighters are. Because of this I prefer to use a slightly denser tapered brush and find a fan brush isn't the best for this. It's not very expensive and if you're thinking of picking this up go for it! Even if you don't like this shade this much the whole line is great.