Wet 'n' Wild MegaGlo Highlighting Powder in Precious Petals

Wet 'n' Wild MegaGlo Highlighting Powder in Precious Petals
MegaGlo Highlighting Powder in Precious Petals

4.6

on 11/16/2017 9:55:00 PM

This is a beautiful product and it's hard to believe the price considering the overall quality and effect on the skin. It's better than many higher priced items - glowing, soft and youthful on the skin. Really great product. Save your money and buy this instead of a higher priced highlighter

on 11/13/2017 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This has so many rave reviews but I think its just meh. It doesn't show up very well on me, it takes quite a bit of building it up. And the color is too pink for me and also too glittery. The main reason I got this was the reviews said it wasn't glittery, that it looked "lit from within". But, its just another glitter highlighter. Not bad for $6 tho

on 11/5/2017 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Let me just pile on the love for this product. I have a horrible makeup sin to confess: I did not use highlighter until about a month ago. I decided to try highlighting to give my complexion a much needed boost, and after researching, decided to try this one as a cheap alternative to The Balm's Mary Lou-Manizer (which I have a generous sample size of, thanks to Ipsy).

Wet n Wild is cheap makeup, so the packaging is not going to be spectacular. However, unlike their eyeshadow singles which I have to use tweezers to pry open (lest I gouge my nail polish, which I will NOT do because I'm a nail snob), this opens easily and stays closed securely. I was pleasantly surprised. Of course as you can see by the picture, there is a lovely floral imprint on the product, which enhances the aesthetic appeal. Who doesn't like buying pretty makeup?

The texture of the product is buttery, soft, fine textured and smooth. My brush picks it up very easily and it distributes evenly. If you use a heavy hand, you can get a disco ball/Cullen effect if that's what you're going for, but with a light hand and proper blending, this gives just the right amount of "glow" to my complexion. My skin is approximately NW25-30 in tone, and this shows up on me as a sort of champagne/candlelight color. It is simply lovely. I set my make up with setting spray, and this highlighter does not fade or come off for 12 hours. I love it.

The price point is excellent, the quality is excellent, and since this little gem is reportedly hard to find, if you can get your hands on it, buy a back up (I did).

I’m absolutely in LOVE with this highlighter it will highlight you to the gods!! It’s my everyday highlighter and it last me all day I don’t need to touch up or anything. It’s very affordable, I definitely recommend.

on 11/9/2017 9:07:00 PM

Amazing drugstore highlighter!! Such a good price for an amazing product. PROS: The price is very reasonable for the quality of the product. I definitely would not recommend spending lots of money on a high end highlighter, when you can buy this one for much cheaper and it's probably just as good. The color is perfect for any skin color and adds a beautiful glow to your cheekbones. You also get a lot of product in the pan. CONS: This is not a blinding highlight. I wouldn't recommend this to people looking for a very intense highligher. It also can be hard to blend sometimes and dosen't work with many brushes. I would recommend a fan brush or a light weight blush brush.

This is a "wet" looking highlighter of a creamier formulation. It reads very peachy-pink on my skin, so I prefer to mix it with other highlighters. Over all, it is very pretty and a great value.

Packaging wise, the pointy edges drive my up the wall. I ended up depotting this (which was very easy to do) and placing it in my face-powder z-palette.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this highlighter, even though it is too dark for my pale skin.
First of all, I searched for this forever. I finally had to order it online when Wet 'n Wild had free shipping with a purchase. I thought I'd love it so much based on YouTube reviews, I ordered two. They've since made this permanent and it's relatively easy to find.
The color is a beautiful golden peach. Unfortunately, the peach color is too deep to be a "highlight" on my pale, pink undertoned skin. However, this makes a BEAUTIFUL eyeshadow. It's the perfect golden color for a classic shimmery lid. It's light enough to pop on the lid, but deep enough to still highlight the inner corners for extra dimension.
I've used this on friends with deeper skin tones, and it's absolutely exceptional. It's glowy and can be built up to be blinding. It does emphasize some skin texture though. I noticed this on myself and my friends.
For the price, and now the extended shade range, I can't recommend enough. With these, expensive highlights really aren't necessary.
Shade: A-
Formula: A

on 10/4/2017 11:55:00 PM

I finally got my hands on this elusive, amazing highlighter (actually I bought 2 because I was so excited to finally find it, and for it not to be sold out). Yaaaaas!!! The hype is real. It's a beautiful pinky highlighter...it will make you glow like an angel from heaven. So pretty! So good! So cheap! You need this in your life

on 9/18/2017 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

It's nice but too sparkly (glittery) in direct light like sunlight or in a well light room. In a dimly lit environment it looks nice. I like a highlighter that is more of a sheen and this is not it. I honestly don't think this is worth the hype. The essence pure nude highlighter is much nicer than this IMO.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is one of the prettiest highlighters that I own, and it is amazing quality for the price. I bought it well after the hype train built up, and I figured it would be nice but not that nice. I was wrong. It's very glowy, flattering, buttery, and it lasts all day. The packaging is pretty basic for Wet n Wild, but the iris embossing does make it pretty to look at. I also feel like the pan is pretty huge and that you get a decent amount for the money. I have one other shade from this line (Botanic Dream) and it isn't quite as buttery as Precious Petals, but it is nice too. All in all, I am very happy with my purchase and I would buy this again in a heartbeat.