Wet 'n' Wild MegaGlo Highlighting Powder in Precious Petals

MegaGlo Highlighting Powder in Precious Petals

4.6

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is hands down the best drugstore powder highlighter I've found for pale skin. I love all of the options out there, but with almost paperwhite skin, it's hard to find something that can illuminate without being obvious, glittery, or the wrong hue for my coloration. I love that this looks natural, doesn't add a strange color to my cheek, and is insanely affordable. If you are eyeing a particular highlighter, check if this line has a similar shade, you might be able to save yourself a decent bit of cash.

My biggest wish is that this becomes a drugstore item widely available, because having to buy it online is annoying. Walgreen's does carry it and have free site to store though!

on 12/21/2017 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

These highlighters have a cult following for a reason. Because they're epically stunning and high-quality. After having everyone recommend them, I went out to fetch one and was instantly blown away by their blinding quality, glow-y finish, and such pigment for a highlighter. Originally there were two shades: This and Crown of my Canopy. Now, there's about four more and even a four-product palette for every skin tone. Recommend these for anyone. ANYONE. Regardless of your budget, these are a must and I've stocked up in other colors because they fly off the shelves pretty quick.

I have extremely pale skin, which is typically lighter than the lightest foundation in every brand. To top it off my skin also has a more yellow cast to it than my fellow pale friends who have more pink undertones, which makes shopping for makeup tricky. This highlighter does work out beautifully for me though as long as I use a light hand, or if I’m using it as an eyeshadow I can get a really pretty shimmery base when I’m doing minimal eye makeup. The texture is soft and the powder has no chunky glitter or sparkles in it like some highlighters. It looks very natural and gives that glow from within look. Despite it being slightly dark for my skin tone it’s still my favorite highlighter and I’ve tried almost all of the expensive ones. HG product due to its formulation, softness, and price.

on 12/17/2017 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Because WnW is not all that widely available in Canada, I was especially delighted to see this highlighter at the Pharmaplus near the school where I teach. I grabbed it, anticipating a nice option to my pricier highlighters. Sadly, this applies much darker than I expected and than all the swatches/reviews I'd seen online. I'll still use this, I guess, but it just doesn't give the effect I was hoping for.

on 12/14/2017 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Requires a lot of the product to get a good glow but the color is lovely as a highlighter.

on 12/14/2017 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I picked this up at Walgreens for $2. Its a lovely golden powder highlighter. Its buttery smooth and very easy to apply with a brush or just a finger. It would look beautiful on tanned skin too. Sadly, its a tad too shimmery for my normal-dry skin (LOLA). I'm using BECCA liquid products which are more glowy than shimmery.

on 12/2/2017 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Pretty color but best suited to warmer or deeper tones IMO. Has a strong gold cast.

on 11/16/2017 9:55:00 PM

This is a beautiful product and it's hard to believe the price considering the overall quality and effect on the skin. It's better than many higher priced items - glowing, soft and youthful on the skin. Really great product. Save your money and buy this instead of a higher priced highlighter

on 11/13/2017 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This has so many rave reviews but I think its just meh. It doesn't show up very well on me, it takes quite a bit of building it up. And the color is too pink for me and also too glittery. The main reason I got this was the reviews said it wasn't glittery, that it looked "lit from within". But, its just another glitter highlighter. Not bad for $6 tho

This is a "wet" looking highlighter of a creamier formulation. It reads very peachy-pink on my skin, so I prefer to mix it with other highlighters. Over all, it is very pretty and a great value.

Packaging wise, the pointy edges drive my up the wall. I ended up depotting this (which was very easy to do) and placing it in my face-powder z-palette.