Suave Almond & Shea Butter Moisture Mask

No Image

on 11/10/2016 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Picked this little baby up at Walmart for like $3 it's pretty good, moisturizes my hair makes it look very shiny and feel very soft I do like the smell of this mask just wish it was in a tube.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I really like the daily conditioner version from this particular line so I figured it wouldn't hurt to try the mask.

First things first - I believe in full disclosure. If your hair doesn't benefit much from silicones, run away. Because this mask mainly is dimethicone. Luckily my hair LOVES silicones and favors them over natural oils. Silicone adds hydration, shine, and slip/detangling properties to my hair. It makes my hair mimic a healthier version of itself. (Note: Silicone itself isnt moisturizing.. but applying it to wet hair traps in the moisture by forming a barrier over it.)

Suave Almond & Shea Butter mask isn't my favorite mask of all time (I've tried MANY). But I still really like it. The ingredient list isn't anything special but for less than $3, I'm not going to find anything better. This gets 5 lippies because it did make my hair soft again.

Note: Yes there are plant based, "fancy" ingredients in this mask but what many people don't seem to realize is ingredient lists go in order of most to least. Since fragrance is so high up on the list it is easy to imagine that everything following it is a very small amount. Suave tries hard to pass this off as some 100% "natural" sourced mask and that's just not true.

Here is the ingredient list: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Behentrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Fragrance, Dipropylene Glycol, Lactic Acid, Mineral Oil, DMDM Hydantoin, Petrolatum, Amodimethicone, Potassium Chloride, PEG-150 Distearate, Disodium EDTA, PEG-7 Propylheptyl Ether, Cetrimonium Chloride, PEG-180M, Butylene Glycol, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Prunus Amygdalus Amara Kernel Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil, Cymbopogon Citratus Leaf Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Fruit Extract

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

This is a decent deep conditioner for a really cheap price. It doesn't perform any miracles for my hair but it does make it super shiny. The texture is thick and it's hard to rinse out but it doesn't weigh down my thin hair. It also has really nice ingredients for a drugstore product; shea butter, aloe, almond oil, to name a few. I do wish it came in a squeeze tube instead of a tub but that's just a personal nitpick. Since Suave products cost so little it's certainly worth a try and won't break the bank if it doesn't suit your hair. There are masks that I like more but I would probably buy it again.