Marcelle BB Cream Matte

Marcelle BB Cream Matte

4.2

on 9/10/2017 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I am obsessed with this stuff! I've been getting sick of wearing a full-coverage, heavy foundation to work every day. (I normally use EL Double Wear for nights out and such). So I thought I would try this stuff. At first, I didn't know what to think but now it's amazing! I'm about an NC15, with a very yellow undertone and the shade Light-Medium actually matches perfect! It feels thick when you squirt (eww - sorry) it out but I use a damp sponge to blend it in and it evens out everything! It's not full coverage, I'd say light-medium, so that's why I have to use concealer. But I'm okay having a few flaws poke through! I do have to blot throughout the day, but that's the same for everything. All in all, great product from a great Canadian company!

on 7/18/2017 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

After reading the reviews, I thought this would be perfect for days where I didn't want to bother with Double Wear. Once I put it on, I kept thinking, did I get a different product, did I accidentally grab the regular one? But nope, it wasn't matte, broke me out after one day of wear and for 22$ was a total bust ..I did try wearing it more than once, after the pimples/rash went away and each time woke up the next day after wear with the same reaction.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This has really good medium coverage while looking natural! who knew that was possible! Sometimes I wear it alone and other times I mix with Revlon colorstay if i feel I need full coverage that day. It mixes really well. It is VERY matte- the most matte thing I've ever used in fact. More than Mat Velvet Plus. With that said, within four hours or so my face get oily, which is unsual for me, -- but, the weather was turning when I last used it, so the oilness might have something to do with my skin aclimating to the heat... I'll update when I try it again.

on 1/28/2017 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Okay lets start by saying I LOVE this product! I have pretty oily skin so I found it hard to find a BB cream that would last on me all day. This gives me great coverage (if I want more I will just add some concealer where needed) and lasts all day if I set it with powder like I would do if I were using a foundation anyway. I love that this brand is hypoallergenic! The packaging is very practical and it comes with a good amount of product. If you were thinking about giving this a try, you most definitely should! :)

Love this product so much! I'm very picky over my skin products, but absolutely would recommend this to anyone! Feels great on the face and blends perfectly. Definitely would buy again.

on 4/16/2016 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I had been using the non-matte version of Marcelle's BB Cream in the shade light-medium and love it but as someone who battles oil and shine during the day I thought the matte version would work better so when it was time to repurchase, I gave this one a go. The formula is nearly identical with one big difference. It does look matte and helps keep the oil and shine at bay for me. I find both formulas quite thick (this one is more mousse-like but still thick) and therefore prime my face before applying. Best method (for me) is to pump it on my finger and warm it by rubbing between my fingers then spread and pat the BB cream into my skin. The coverage is incredible. Solid medium coverage, can be sheered out with a dampened beauty blender (my preference) or buffed in with a brush which actually helps remove any streaks caused from applying with my fingers. I imagine you can apply a second layer to build to full coverage however, I feel as though it would look cakey as it is a pretty thick texture to work with. I actually find it can look this way on drier areas of my skin so I mist my face with rose water and bounce the beauty blender over to deal with that and it looks perfect when I'm done. I can't feel the BB cream on my skin at all, it's really comfortable and lasts the entire day until I take off my makeup. I haven't noticed any transferring, this sets really well.

The packaging is great, squeeze tube with pump end, strong cap to keep it clean. Unlike the regular BB cream, the matte version only offers 2 shades, "Light-Medium" and "Medium-Dark". Not a problem for me, I wear the light-medium which is identical to the regular formula and can probably use the medium-dark when I have a tan (will have to wait until summer to test that out), but if you are really fair you might want to check out the regular formula, it has 5 shades to choose from. They claim these shades have "self-adjusting pigments" which I don't know how this works but for me I have no complaints.

A few very important qualities for me in a foundation or BB cream (in no particular order) are:
1) Product must not transfer once set
2) Even out my skin tone
3) Look and feel natural, i.e. does not look or feel like I am wearing anything on my skin
4) Helps control shine
5) Oil-free, paraben-free, preferably fragrance-free

Added bonuses of this product is it is hypoallergenic and cruelty-free. There are other formulas to choose from as well. Dry skin types would probably prefer the 24 hour intense moisture formula. The Anti-Aging formula includes SPF 20 and there is also a golden glow formula that is supposed to have illuminating gold pigments in it.