Nudestix - Lip + Cheek Color

Nudestix - Lip + Cheek Color
Nudestix - Lip + Cheek ColorNudestix - Lip + Cheek ColorOne week

on 6/20/2017 11:34:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've tried about a dozen different colors in various finishes of this lip and cheek color but only one shade makes holy grail status: Mystic. It's the perfect MLBB nude for my fair/light neutral complexion. It has a nice glossy satin finish that doesn't dry out the lips even with prolonged wear. It goes with just about everything and I can apply this without a mirror and not worry about it bleeding or getting all over my teeth after a proper blot. I'm on my third one and it's the only one I need on when I'm on no-makeup binges or at work or want to balance a smoky eye. What I love about this shade is that it also works well on my cheeks for those travel-light situations. The other shades range from nice to just okay, but for some reason just not as perfect as Mystic (for me). Lasts from 4-5 hours with normal drinking/eating but applying this is such a breeze and keeps my lips hydrated so I actually like reapplying this often. The cons: pricey!! (I like the sets that include this shade for this reason as the minis are actually the same amount as the full size) and hate that you have to sharpen this. The shade wears down very quickly so you're really losing a lot of product constantly shaving this down. But I'm on my 3rd one and have 2 backups.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Sephora offers a mini kit of this that includes three matte shades (Pixi - nude brown; Belle - plum nude; Purity - natural/flesh nude). They come in a metal tin with a sharpener and are super pigmented, smooth and long-wearing. These can be used on both the lips and cheeks and I like the size of these, great for travel. I don't typically like pencils that need to be sharpened but these are still a good product. I like the versatility of these pencils and how comfortable they are on the lips. Not as drying as some other formulas, and I didn't experience any feathering or bleeding outside the lips. Glad I purchased the mini kit, not sure I'd invest in full size as the price of one is the same as the price of the mini kit and I'd rather have 3 shades to play with. If you like this kind of product it's worth checking out.

I am in LOVE with this product. Every single time I have used this I felt great, it was easy to use and stays on well. It sharpens smoothly, and I really like the sharpener it comes with! I use the tin to store my on-the-go touch ups and it is lovely. Has a mirror, yay!

I got the tin set with 3 shades - Satan, Whisper and Mystic.

Satan - the colour is absolutely gorgeous, and makes me feel really powerful and made up. I don't use it often, since the thought of it running out makes me quite sad. I actually reserve this for dates and other special occassions.

Whisper - I found this color too light for my lips with my skin tone, as I can get quite tan sometimes even though I'm naturally fair. (Living in a tropical climate does this to ya). BUT, I found another use for it. I bring it with me to touch up my contours. I don't contour heavily, and this shade is perfect for contour because it blends soooo easily due to its creaminess.

Mystic - This shade is a more natural shade for the lips, and fits me perfectly.

On all 3, my lips/skin feel moisturised and never dry. I can even skimp out on my lip balm. On the skin, they blend out magically and look natural. I'm 100% for its multi-purpose uses. The packaging is quality, and I can use the tin for sooo many more purposes. LOVE IT.

on 4/19/2016 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I wanted to love this so badly but I just can't make it work for me. I am a huge fan of the Nuestix range, I own every Magnetic Eye Pencil and 3 of their Sheer Eye Color pencils. But my first foray into their lip range has been disappointing. I bought Whisper, which is a beautiful neutral, pale, pink tinged nude that looks very sophisticated and polished. On my N10 skin it's definitely on the lighter side where it could borderline wash me out, but instead somehow looks flattering. It doesn't look like concealer, thankfully. But the color is just about the only thing I like about this product.

Firstly, this smells like an actual No.2 pencil, complete with a distinctive wood fragrance that lingers for hours. It makes me feel like I've been chewing on a pencil while taking old fashioned, hand written notes or something. It's really unpleasant. I had to mention this right away because to me it's nasty enough to want to return it right there.

The texture is thin but creamy and glides on well without feeling dry or tugging. It's opaque in one swipe so it looks like a rich, velvety matte color too. But the comfortable, mildly moisturizing feeling disappears in minutes and my lips feel so dried out, uncomfortable, and lifeless. It actually looks like it has dried on my skin too. Sort of flat and chalky, like clay. About 30 minutes into wearing this my mouth is so uncomfortable I have to wipe it off and apply layers of lip balm. It doesn't layer well except with lip liner, so trying to make it more moisturizing is futile.

I'm not a fan of the bulky tins that are included, and usually end up throwing them out. I'd rather house these in a makeup bag in my purse if I'm carrying it around with me. The sharpening aspect isn't ideal either given how much is wasted. But I knew it had to be sharpened when I bought it, and I wouldn't have minded as much if I actually had love this.

I have tried so many times to make this feel and look better on me but I'm just going to admit defeat and return this to Sephora.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I originally came across Nudestix on Sephora's website. The color which I am about to rave over is called Mystic, and it was one of three mini sized stix in their Nude Color Kit (#nudelipkit). Mystic is in their cream formula. Their Lip + Cheek pencil comes in three different formulas: Cream, Matte and Gel. Mystic is a mauve nude. I love love love this color. I cannot emphasize just how much I love this color. It feels very creamy on the lips. It looks luminous for lack of a better word. This is a chubby pencil which comes with its own sharpener that comes along with a cap tip so that you can cap your pencil with the sharpener (should you want to carry the sharpener around with you at all times). The "cap tip" sharpener is capped itself as well so if you choose to replace the pencil cap with this special sharpener cap, it is covered so you don't slice your finger open fishing around in your cosmetics bag. That's a convenient plus. There is no scent or taste to these which I prefer. These are pencils which you sharpen. I wish they were a twist-up so you wouldn't lose product in the sharpening process. They run $24/each. They come in a cute metal tin which has a mirror lining the lid of the metal tin. I have not tried it on my cheeks yet so I cannot review about using it as a cheek color. This has become officially my favorite color that I would go to over any other mauve color. The color does come off on everything - cups, glasses, a bit on the teeth and definitely on the cheeks of my children. The product doesn't claim to be transfer proof so I did not expect it to be transfer-proof. Other than the price, I really love it. I will definitely repurchase once I run out.

Full Size Image