Nudestix - Lip + Cheek Color

1 review

on 4/19/2017 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I'm not a huge fan of pencil makeup but every once in a while I'll buy a stick so that I remind myself not to buy one again. I love lip/cheek products, and this is a nice color for my lips and cheeks. I have RIPE. The color is a beautiful apricot-peach with a slight touch of shimmer. If it were based on color alone, I would love this product, but the formulation doesn't work for me. After one week my pencil is a little tiny stub. I have to sharpen the pencil after each use, and I can feel it MELTING as I sharpen it. Even though a nifty little sharpener is included in the metal case that houses the pencil, shavings get everywhere. Even after sharpening, I have scraped the wood on my lips because the texture is much softer than average lipstick. The staying power on cheeks isn't terrible, as long as I'm not sweating or having an oily day. On lips, it lasts about 45 minutes (fading slowly), as long as I don't eat, drink, or speak. Maybe other colors have more firm textures. Still, I don't like this product enough to want to try any more pencils. The metal container this comes in can only fit a couple of pencils, and it's too bulky to add to a makeup carrying case. If I loved this brand, it wouldn't take long for my recycle bin to be overflowing with Nudestix tins and sharpeners. Even though these are recyclable, they seem wasteful; especially the sharpeners. How many sharpeners could one person need?

Popular Lip Liners