Nudestix - Lip + Cheek Color

Nudestix - Lip + Cheek Color
Nudestix - Lip + Cheek ColorNudestix - Lip + Cheek ColorOne week

on 11/8/2017 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a review for the original lip & cheek pencil formula (I love the intense matte formula and enjoy the magnetic matte formula as well and I typically only use these on my lips). I am typically not a fan of pencil makeup products. I've found in the past that I just dislike the general waxier, stiffer formula that they tend to produce since they have to hold their shape in a pencil form. However, after being swayed by a favourite youtuber (and seeing one of their 3 pencil sets which is 3 colours for the price of 1) I took a dive and bought some intense matte pencils. I LOVED them because the product almost melted onto my lips. It was a dream. Given the company is cruelty and paraben free, I went ahead and tried their other formulas, having some high hopes.

This was my least favourite formula by far that they have. I think this is the most similar to a typical pencil lip product. Stiffer, not a ton of colour payoff (at least in the shades I tried), wore off really quickly from my lips, etc. Not a fan. I've repurchased many of their lip kits for intense and magnetic matte formulas, but I won't be repurchasing any of these. Another small irritant, when you sharpen it, you can really smell the wood in the pencil. Probably not a big deal for most people but it strangely reminds me of being in elementary school with those cheap yellow pencils we used to use, and oddly enough it bothers me a fair amount. It's not the worst product in the world (hence the 2 lippies), but it's just very typical.

on 6/6/2017 11:51:00 AM

I bought the shade Whisper on a whim while searching for the perfect matte brown eyeshadow (found that as well in this line), and I am a fan! As a lipstick, the formula glides on easily, does not feather, and doesn't settle into cracks and lines as much as other lipsticks can do. I don't feel dried out at all, and the color is very nice on me (though it does tend to go a little purple on me--most lipsticks do for whatever reason). As a blush, the recommended three stripes gives me a faint, lovely natural flush, and unbelievably, not a peep from my rosacea either!

I DO feel like I'm paying a pretty penny for packaging, but I quite enjoy the packaging anyway. It's not very practical, but in some ways it's VERY practical at the same time, if that makes sense. I can always find it, I can find the sharpener (how many sharpeners can one person lose? I can tell you it's a LOT), there's an available mirror if needed, and the tins are good for other purposes when you're done with the product.

All in all, a product that pares down my makeup routine time, works very well, doesn't irritate my skin or my lips, and offers a very nice packaging? It's all win. I'll continue to buy, though I won't be buying if the price goes up any more.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Sephora offers a mini kit of this that includes three matte shades (Pixi - nude brown; Belle - plum nude; Purity - natural/flesh nude). They come in a metal tin with a sharpener and are super pigmented, smooth and long-wearing. These can be used on both the lips and cheeks and I like the size of these, great for travel. I don't typically like pencils that need to be sharpened but these are still a good product. I like the versatility of these pencils and how comfortable they are on the lips. Not as drying as some other formulas, and I didn't experience any feathering or bleeding outside the lips. Glad I purchased the mini kit, not sure I'd invest in full size as the price of one is the same as the price of the mini kit and I'd rather have 3 shades to play with. If you like this kind of product it's worth checking out.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I originally came across Nudestix on Sephora's website. The color which I am about to rave over is called Mystic, and it was one of three mini sized stix in their Nude Color Kit (#nudelipkit). Mystic is in their cream formula. Their Lip + Cheek pencil comes in three different formulas: Cream, Matte and Gel. Mystic is a mauve nude. I love love love this color. I cannot emphasize just how much I love this color. It feels very creamy on the lips. It looks luminous for lack of a better word. This is a chubby pencil which comes with its own sharpener that comes along with a cap tip so that you can cap your pencil with the sharpener (should you want to carry the sharpener around with you at all times). The "cap tip" sharpener is capped itself as well so if you choose to replace the pencil cap with this special sharpener cap, it is covered so you don't slice your finger open fishing around in your cosmetics bag. That's a convenient plus. There is no scent or taste to these which I prefer. These are pencils which you sharpen. I wish they were a twist-up so you wouldn't lose product in the sharpening process. They run $24/each. They come in a cute metal tin which has a mirror lining the lid of the metal tin. I have not tried it on my cheeks yet so I cannot review about using it as a cheek color. This has become officially my favorite color that I would go to over any other mauve color. The color does come off on everything - cups, glasses, a bit on the teeth and definitely on the cheeks of my children. The product doesn't claim to be transfer proof so I did not expect it to be transfer-proof. Other than the price, I really love it. I will definitely repurchase once I run out.

Full Size Image