Nudestix - Lip + Cheek Color

Nudestix - Lip + Cheek ColorNudestix - Lip + Cheek ColorOne week

2.0

on 11/8/2017 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a review for the original lip & cheek pencil formula (I love the intense matte formula and enjoy the magnetic matte formula as well and I typically only use these on my lips). I am typically not a fan of pencil makeup products. I've found in the past that I just dislike the general waxier, stiffer formula that they tend to produce since they have to hold their shape in a pencil form. However, after being swayed by a favourite youtuber (and seeing one of their 3 pencil sets which is 3 colours for the price of 1) I took a dive and bought some intense matte pencils. I LOVED them because the product almost melted onto my lips. It was a dream. Given the company is cruelty and paraben free, I went ahead and tried their other formulas, having some high hopes.

This was my least favourite formula by far that they have. I think this is the most similar to a typical pencil lip product. Stiffer, not a ton of colour payoff (at least in the shades I tried), wore off really quickly from my lips, etc. Not a fan. I've repurchased many of their lip kits for intense and magnetic matte formulas, but I won't be repurchasing any of these. Another small irritant, when you sharpen it, you can really smell the wood in the pencil. Probably not a big deal for most people but it strangely reminds me of being in elementary school with those cheap yellow pencils we used to use, and oddly enough it bothers me a fair amount. It's not the worst product in the world (hence the 2 lippies), but it's just very typical.

on 1/16/2017 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Really glad I stumbled across these on Sephora's website during the holidays. I got a tin with three colors and a sharpener and they are very comfortable. I get good wear out of them despite the fact that they're rather moisturizing (even in the dry winter air) and they have no perceptible scent or taste to me. A little pricey but they're a good product and cruelty free, so worth it to me overall. Will definitely try out other shades.

I tried this in belle and I just can't pull it off. The product itself is decent. Very smooth and non-drying. It stayed on a decent amount of time also. But this color did not work for my fair/ruddy skintone :(

on 4/19/2016 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I wanted to love this so badly but I just can't make it work for me. I am a huge fan of the Nuestix range, I own every Magnetic Eye Pencil and 3 of their Sheer Eye Color pencils. But my first foray into their lip range has been disappointing. I bought Whisper, which is a beautiful neutral, pale, pink tinged nude that looks very sophisticated and polished. On my N10 skin it's definitely on the lighter side where it could borderline wash me out, but instead somehow looks flattering. It doesn't look like concealer, thankfully. But the color is just about the only thing I like about this product.

Firstly, this smells like an actual No.2 pencil, complete with a distinctive wood fragrance that lingers for hours. It makes me feel like I've been chewing on a pencil while taking old fashioned, hand written notes or something. It's really unpleasant. I had to mention this right away because to me it's nasty enough to want to return it right there.

The texture is thin but creamy and glides on well without feeling dry or tugging. It's opaque in one swipe so it looks like a rich, velvety matte color too. But the comfortable, mildly moisturizing feeling disappears in minutes and my lips feel so dried out, uncomfortable, and lifeless. It actually looks like it has dried on my skin too. Sort of flat and chalky, like clay. About 30 minutes into wearing this my mouth is so uncomfortable I have to wipe it off and apply layers of lip balm. It doesn't layer well except with lip liner, so trying to make it more moisturizing is futile.

I'm not a fan of the bulky tins that are included, and usually end up throwing them out. I'd rather house these in a makeup bag in my purse if I'm carrying it around with me. The sharpening aspect isn't ideal either given how much is wasted. But I knew it had to be sharpened when I bought it, and I wouldn't have minded as much if I actually had love this.

I have tried so many times to make this feel and look better on me but I'm just going to admit defeat and return this to Sephora.