Clinique Custom smart repair eye treatment

Clinique Custom smart repair eye treatment

2.5

Water, Isododoecane, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polysilicone-11, Butylene Glycol, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract/Extrait D’Orge, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Gentiana Lutea (Gentian) Root Extract, Hydrolyzed Rich Bran Extract, Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Whey Protein/Lactis Protein, Cladosiphon Okamuranus Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Plankton Extract, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-12, PEG-6, Sigesbeckia Orientalis (St. Paul’s Wort) Extract, Algae Extract, Caffeine, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Acetyl Glucosamine, Cholesterol, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Squalane, Lecithin, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, Micrococcus Lysate, Hydrolyzed Prunus Domestica, Ergothioneine, Yeast Extract, Isohexadecane, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tromethamine, Polysorbate-80, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethoxytolyl Propylresorcinol, Dextrin, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, PEG-8, Silica, Sodium RNA, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Mica, Titanium Dioxide

on 5/21/2017 5:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This expensive shit cost me 60 USD and did nothing. And guess what?! This eye serum has glitters in it. WTF?! It's not skin care. It's MAKEUP!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Unlike some equally or more expensive eye creams with a small number of ingredients, this has a very long list of ingredients. So I wouldn't really call it overpriced. But long list of ingredients also means it has a higher chance of causing irritation for some people. If possible I suggest trying a sample first to check if it will be safe for you. I have sensitive eyes and it didn't cause a problem for me personally.

Its texture is close to Clinique's All About Eyes cream, which is my favorite eye cream texture. This one gives oily feeling slightly less. I don't think it would be the best for very dry eyes. My eye area is on the dry side a little and All About Eyes for example did a better job at moisturizing and making it get softer though there was not such a big difference. Unlike All About Eyes it's in a tube so it's more hygienic though.

I did notice some brightness with the cream and that's pretty much it. As I always say here I think eye creams give unrealistic claims for shortterm. I have tried MANY different eye creams over the years and the best covered my dark circles a little with its pigments/concealer-like color and moisturized the area. This cream was no exception. It did nothing to puffiness, no significant change about dark circles. It could be, however, beneficial for the longterm with its long ingredients list.

on 5/14/2016 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am always on the lookout for eye creams that do not sting the skin around my eyes and hydrate well without leaving a crepey texture as some products do. Clinique Smart Custom Repair Eye Serum is among the best I have tried, but still doesn't quite reach the heights for me.

The product is a light-colored gel-cream texture with sparkly flecks of mica (probably the "eye-brightening" component). Only a tiny amount is needed for both eyes, maybe half a pump at most. The product has a silicone feel to it, and dries velvety. I haven't tried eye makeup over it, but I imagine it would make a great primer for that. The level of moisture was just right for day wear--not too greasy, but also didn't dry out over the course of the day. The scent is very mild and natural--a bit like very faint grapefruit--and didn't linger once the product dried. It never caused any increase in lines or texture, but I'm not sure it really improved my skin, other than keeping it hydrated and reducing puffiness (which are probably the most important features anyway).

The skin around my eyes is finicky, and some days it seems more sensitive than others. On those days when it is a bit more irritable, this Clinique serum does sting. But, so do many other eye creams. On the whole, this product is less irritating than most I've tried, but I really want a cream that will not irritate, even on bad skin days. This isn't it.

I bought this blind based on reviews at Beautypedia, and while I don't regret it, I probably won't repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this about a month ago to prevent signs of ageing around my eyes. I did not have any ageing signs. After a couple of weeks of using it my partner told me I wasn't getting wrinkly around my eyes. The skin has also become dry. I was obviously devastated. I believe this cream has caused this. I have stopped using this and will have to switch to a different eye cream to correct this alongside a basic moisturiser. I would be interested to compare results with others. This product cost A LOT of money!

Top Rated Treatments (Eye)