Tarte Tarteist Lash Paint Mascara

Tarte Tarteist Lash Paint Mascara
Tarteist Lash Paint MascaraTarteist Lash Paint MascaraTarteist Lash Paint Mascara

3.5

Water/Aqua/Eau, paraffin, glyceryl stearate, synthetic beeswax, acacia sesegal gum, stearic acid, butylene glycol, oryza sativa (rice) bran wax/ oryza sativa (rice) bran cera, palmitic acid, polybutene, ozokerite, VP/eicosene copolymer, hydrogenated vegetable oil,cera carnauba/copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax/cire de carnauba, phenoxyethanol, stearyl stearate, aminomethyl propanol hydroxyethylcellulose, tropolone, sodium nitrate, iron oxides (CI 77499).

It didn’t amaze me. I have medium length, flat lashes. It gave more length than volume but nothing dramatic. It gives more separation to the lashes comparing to the lights camera lashes mascara. It flakes when I apply many coats, it doesn’t smudge unless I have use highly moisturizing products on my undereyes like Kiehl’s avocado cream. I prefer my Mad Lash mascara by The Balm over this.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I didn't like the wand, and Tarteist didn't offer any of the "sexy, thick, drama-filled..." lash features they advertised! I have long lashes and it vaguely added coating, but not much else in comparison to what I'm used to. After all the hype, I couldn't believe it's worse than all other Tarte mascaras - has terrible staying power and is difficult to remove! If I want natural everyday lashes with a lil something and the pleasure of easy removal, I'd save a few bucks and repurchase my Buxom Lash mascara.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This provides great length, minimal volume. Does not irritate my eyes and is easy to remove. Somewhat water resistant, I am able to apply eye drops through out the day without out this mascara smearing. I really like the rich black color and the formula is nice. The mascara wand is excellent as I prefer the wand to lift and separate the lashes while it is coating them. It does not help my lashes hold curl. Does not flake off but does have a tendency to clump.

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

I used to love this mascara. The color was so dark and my eyelashes looked dramatic. I went through four tubes. Then recently, my eyes started burning and it became clumpy. It smudged a lot, probably from my eyes watering so much. I don’t know what happened.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Yes, I wear makeup at the gym... No this is not the best workout mascara. Although this is a solid mascara for general wear in dry weather, and it can withstand a very brief encounter with a light rain shower. It never clumps and it glides into my lashes quite smoothly. I appreciate that it washes off with ease and leaves zero residue behind. I love, love, LOVE the deep black color and ultimately sexy and refined look this mascara offers. All in all, I think this is a good piece of makeup to have around, but I'll probably wait until the autumn before I repurchase it. I suspect it will be a bit too heavy for regular wear during the summer. Also, to be fair, there are better mascaras in this price range ($20-$23) but I love that Tarte is cruelty-free and makes great quality makeup, so I don't mind spending my $$$ on them.

on 1/17/2018 6:54:00 AM

A very nice mascara I like how it lengthens and how it also gives me voluminous lashes. I'm someone who prefers natural separating and lengthening mascaras over volumizing ones but this is okay. My lashes are quite long and they go down straight so I do have to curl my lashes but what really brought this mascara down to 3 stars is that it DOESN'T HOLD A CURL AT ALL! I was so disappointed because it's a very heavy formula that after 2 minutes of applying my lashes are already straight again. Very disappointed.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I got this mascara in Boxycharm and I like it but I would not buy this on my own. This mascara is kind of a plain Jane mascara amongst all the mascaras out there. It makes my lashes look long and full but it flakes off pretty easily. I’d give it about a 3.5 rating. There’s not really much else to say about it, it’s just kind of meh if you get what I’m saying.

on 12/19/2017 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Gives length more than volume. Flakes on me and disappears after half the day. I expected more.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Smudges under the eyes! I liked how this applied, as it really separates out lashes and adds volume. That said, it smudges on me and I rarely have that issue with most mascaras.

on 11/6/2017 7:36:00 PM

I really do not like this mascara. The large/wide wand just does not allow precise application for me. The bristles themselves are plastic and just too big to really separate my lashes. So they end up looking clumpy and spidery rather than voluminous and lengthy.

I also find that it takes a lot of product just to coat my lashes. In other words, I went through a tube of Tarteish lash paint way faster than I would another mascara, and that's not because I love the product so much but because a little does *not* go a long way. You need to use a lot of product just to make this work.

Poor value, would not buy again. Most drugstore mascaras are far superior.