3.2

price range

Reviews

3.0

3 years ago

I do kind of like this palette but in comparision with the blushed Nudes Palette it is in my opinion not the same quality. The eye shadows are not as smooth as the other ones and the colours are limiting the looks you could do with it. When I use the blue oder the dark sparkly one I have to be very careful or I get this pretty chunky glitter all over my face, even if I use an eye shadow base. The light shimmery ones are very nice, but the silver one is a bit to shimmery for the day. In my opinion this palette would look great on a person with a darker skin tone. This is not the best look for a fair or medium-fair skin. It is not a bad product but defintely not my favorite in this line.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

2.0

3 years ago

This palette is decidedly meh for me. I used this with and without primer, every time the glitter shades had horrible fallout. My cheeks and under eye area were absolutely coated by the end of the day. The lightest colors aren't very pigmented, and the far bottom left shade is super super chalky. The darker matte shades were okay and stayed well, but were patchy and needed a lot of blending to smooth out. Basically what I'd expect from a drugstore palette, but considering it was originally 17$, I'm glad I got it for 6$ on sale instead. The pigmentation for the lighter shades just wasn't there and it didn't build very well. For something so mediocre I wouldn't have paid 20$+ including taxes here in Quebec. I'm going to keep playing with it and try packing on the glitter and lighter shades with a brush that I've used setting spray on to see if I can help stem the fallout and build pigment better. Otherwise I'll be passing it on to someone else.

About reviewer (74 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

2.0

3 years ago

Nooo! This was super disappointing... its not pigmented! The lighter shades are AWFUL...they are powdery and chunky looking and its not cute...the other shades turn muddy and completely rub off when trying to blend them on the eyelid which was really frustrating...they looked totally awful. The only useable shades were the matte black and brown and grey looking shades which makes the palette not worth keeping because I have these shades already in other palettes. Save your money!

About reviewer (71 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesBlue

3 years ago

I always tell myself I don't need any more eyeshadows and always end up with another one, including Maybelline's The Rock Nudes Palette. I didn't find any of the shades in this palette particularly extraordinary, but I did find it convenient that the palette houses shades that both complement and contrast really well and can result tons of relatively more dramatic (yet not so over-the-top) earthy-cool looks than I've achieved with the other Maybelline Nudes palettes so far. The lighter shades are notably chalky on their own, even over primer. But I do find that they layer and blend easily over the darker shades to give them a little more dimension. Of the four Maybelline palettes I have (The Nudes, The Blushed Nudes, The Rock Nudes, and The Graffiti Nudes), I reach for The Rock Nudes the most. Overall it's another well-rounded, affordable and very wearable palette for those who don't already have similar shades or better formulas. I have too many palettes that are generally better quality, however this is a nice collection of essential, workable shades that won't break the bank.

About reviewer (223 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

3.0

4 years ago

Didn't match my skin tone at all and was too blue-ish for me. Won't be buying again.

About reviewer (111 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Deep Dark

HairBlack

4 years ago

I love the inclusion of the deep teal and gold shades in this nude palette, as well as the selection of browns (which seemed unusually deep for a nude palette). The gray and black shades are great for building smoke. I won't be buying it again, though not because the product was faulty.... I find that I simply gravitate to warmer, redder shades, and mattes over glitter. But that's a highly personal preference. Altogether, I find this a great choice, with enough inclusion and versatility in the shades to to go from daytime work to nighttime play. The box is study enough to tote around in my purse all the time. I do wish the clasp was more intuitive to use, and that there was a bit of mirror to make the packaging more functional.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age30-35