MAC Finally Free

MAC Finally Free

on 2/23/2017 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First off, I had no idea when I ordered this lipstick that it was part of the Caitlyn Jenner collection, but that doesn't bias my review in any way. So, my first MAC lipstick! I saw someone recommend this on the boards as their everyday color, and the swatch looked nice, so I bought it sight unseen from the MAC site...and really, it's everything I'd hoped it would be -- just a nice everyday color, appropriate for any occasion. (I wear it at least 2x/week to my job at a conservative law office.) The other reviewers have described the color (accurately, I think) as a medium tea-rose, pretty neutral in tone, and very MLBB, which I agree 100% with. If you've seen MUFE N9 Copper Pink (another HG MLBB color for me), Finally Free is more pink and less brown--I'll post a comparison swatch pic later (I'm NW15 as a reference). I'm also loving the Cremesheen formula, it's not drying at all and has a very natural finish; not matte but not as glossy as the Huggable formula, and it seems to last on my lips better than my other lipsticks. One of the reviewers noted this color was LE and if that's true, I'm going to get at least 2 more because Finally Free is an instant favorite!

on 9/1/2016 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I fell in love with this lipstick the first time I tried it on. Its a lovely neutral, medium rose shade that is just a little darker than MLBB. This lipstick looks great with my light/medium, cool skin tone (NW25) and I think it would flatter most people. The formula goes on creamy and smooth and lasts on me for several hours. . The best thing about it is that all of the proceed from the sale goes to charity. I need to buy some backups because this shade is limited edition.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

First of all, I have to say that I am NOT a fan of the Kardashian/Jenner clan. I can't stand the hype around that family,.....however, when I received the email for this lipstick and saw the color description along with a very few pics of swatches online, I was honestly surprised at how pretty it was. I knew I didn't have anything close to this shade and went on to read that 100% of the proceeds go to charity,.....not a percentage, but the entire $17, so I was thrilled that no celebrity endorsement was going to get a penny of the sales. I received it today and have to say that it did not disappoint one bit. On me, it's a very nice rosy neutral, healthy lips shade. I can see myself wearing this with a variety of eye looks. It has a nice sheen with a good color payoff. Really happy with this purchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I feel honored to write the first review on Caitlyn Jenner's new MAC lipstick! 100% of the price (not profits/proceeds but $17!) goes towards charity. It is an HIV/AIDS/TG initiative & limited edition ($17, online exclusive so it won't be at your local counter). You can call MAC to order over the telephone or order online. There is no matching Lipglass. It went on sale on 4/7/16. This is a Cremesheen MLBB color kind of reminds me of MAC Twig. The lipliner suggested to me by MAC was "Beet." I did not purchase Beet but a reverse/invisible liner will also work (I like Lipstick Queen). I know a lot can be said about the Kardashian/Jenner clan but I'm all about this lipstick. It would flatter about any skintone as it is a rosy MLBB shade very creamy & long lasting. I bought 2 tubes!! Say what you will about the cause but this is a gr8 MAC offering. Can't wait to pair it with MAC x15 Warm. First it was Kim w Angel & Khloe w M'orange & Kylie w Velvet Teddy & now is Caitlyn (Kendall has an EL collab), they certainly have good taste in lipsticks. I own Angel, Velvet Teddy + Finally Free. I think it's a good cause & I love the lipstick. I was so excited to receive this earlier today. I had to immediately try it on.
:-)
Downtown triple crown!!

on 4/15/2016 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm not a Kardashian/Jenner fan but I'm all for supporting the MAC cause for this and I thought I would like the color so I ordered it. Before swatching it or trying it on I thought it would make me (NW20) look like a corpse but to my surprise it is absolutely beautiful. I'm shocked. I would call it a neutral medium rose color. I compared it to Twig which is more mauve and a satin finish. Finally free is a Cremesheen and is quite a bit "livelier" than Twig. A winner for sure......love it!

on 4/24/2016 1:54:00 PM

Absolutely stunning color. As this product is only available on-line, I purchased sight unseen. This one doesn't disappoint. Creamy, non-drying formula in an MLBB color that will work for any skin-tone. For me, it is a gorgeous dusty rose with warm brown undertones that warms my skin.

I like this one so much that I am going to order a couple more as back-ups...and yes, 100% of the purchase price goes to charity.