4.3

price range

Reviews

3.0

9 months ago

This "nude" is supposed to be a pinkish brown. On me (AAB/NC25) it's a light baby pink and too light to wear on its own - it's really awful on me. So, it's now relegated to the pile of lippies that are only useful as toppers or mixers with other colors. The formula itself is nice, though, slick and moisturizing with a commensurate finish. Buy again? YES to the formula, but NO for this shade.

About reviewer (935 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

EyesBrown

3 years ago

I bought this lipstick because its a new type of formulation namely, Oil. Is does not feel oily on application but has THE MOST adorable gleam, rather than shine. This is probably the only colour I would wear - On opening the utterly exquisite lipstick itself, my initial thoughts were that the colour would be too dark, too intense for me. But no, the colour is a beautiful pale milky pink, not too too pale but enough colour to really make the most of pout. I wore it for several hours without reapplying and it leaves a light tint. It is really adorable and has a scent like sweets, subtle but very delicious. I will definitely be wearing this a lot. It reminds me a but of Lancome 'Pale Lip' but with a lovely gleam which plumps lips and feels very comfortable and soft.

About reviewer (164 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesBlue

4 years ago

I was looking for a nice, light pinky-beige lipstick for a while. I bought Mac's "Hue" but it was wearing off way too fast, and it was also drying my lips. Most of all, I disliked that white line on my lips that most lipsticks are creating. The other lipstick that I bought and liked was Smashbox "Pretty Social" - it was more moisturizing and more pink. However, I wanted something less pink, more beige. And then finally, I found YSL Rouge Volupte (Oil-In-Stick) in shade "Nude" #44. I noticed that #47 was almost the same, just tiny bit darker. And also #8 was very similar, just more pink. Pros: - Very moisturizing; - Stays on longer than Mac's Hue, however, I have to reapply after two hours or so; - Love the packaging! Just classic and beautiful; - The color is the best, my favorite; - Easy to apply, so creamy. Cons: - Very expensive (CA$ 45, including tax). - The smell is pretty horrible. Not sure, if it's supposed to be melon, but it is unpleasant.

About reviewer (563 reviews)

Age30-35