Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 9/8/2017 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I saw many reviews about this product and went to my nearest store to try it out. I wore it a for a whole day with no other product on top and I fell in love with it. Coverage was great, it is super light weight, the shade was perfect (but I know the shade range is very small, so I was lucky), never clings om dry patches, my pores are super faded, and texture was OMG great!! I think this is the best everyday wear "foundation". Obviously, I bought the product and I have also worn this when I go out with my friends and it lasts all night with a super natural and kind of dewey look. It also looks great if you want a more natural look. The only cons I can say about this are: my blush kind of fades, as the texture of this product is super smooth; and the product is NOT non-comedogenic (this is why it gets 4 lippies and not 5). I tend to break out with almost every product, and with this one I just got two or three suspicious pimples, which is super awkward, as I tend to break out like a boss, but just because of this matter I'm afraid to use it as much as I would like to. Overall, I think this is the best everyday wear product I've tried so far. I just wished it had the non-comedogenic certification so we could live together happily ever after.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

SELECTED SHADE: medium dark (NC37/40 for reference)
SKIN TYPE: combination
METHOD OF APPLICATION: sponge

PROS

- demi matte finish
- easy to apply
- blurs imperfections
- lightweight

CONS

- longevity (although its not stated to be long wearing)
- packaging (pump doesn't work too well)

COMMENTS: Great foundation for summer use IF you mix this with a little bit of powder. On its own, I found my blush/bronzer fading and it made me very oily after a few hours. However, if I mix some translucent loose powder I don't have these issues (still get oily, but nowhere near as bad - totally normal). Do keep it mind it will thicken the consistency to the point where it can be harder to blend, but use less if that's an issue. I also get some legit coverage from doing this. No, you don't have to use their Velvetizer for this method. Try it with a powder you have now. I can probably get away with wearing this alone during the winter months, but this minor adjustment has this working so well for me in this heat.

Will repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I've been using this for a week now so I think I have a good grasp on it.

Consistency: Very light. I spread it with my fingers. It's even lighter than a moisturizer and feels quite watery. It doesn't dry too quickly or too fast, so it's just perfect.

Coverage: Thin. Very thin coverage. It doesn't cover any of my hyperpigmented scars with one layer but can definitely hide them if I add more product on top of it. I usually have to put another concealer after a layer of One and Done. This is definitely not for people with blemishes and redness, but it does even out the skin tone very well.

Finished look: Not matte, but not dewy either. It literally looks like I'm not wearing any makeup. Even in the sun it looks like I just have flawless, even skin. I've never seen anything like this product before. Its natural finish is amazing. I have combination skin and it doesn't exacerbate my dry areas or my oily areas.

Lasting power: Looks great for around 6-8 hours, after that it starts to fade, but only slightly.

On skin: I have super sensitive, acne-prone skin, and this hasn't broken me out. Is it weird that my skin has actually improved after using this?

Packaging: Really handy and portable. Love the pump. I don't think it contains much though so I think I would have to keep repurchasing it. And I definitely will.

Final thoughts: My favorite makeup product at the moment. I've always wanted to wear a BB Cream/Foundation that's really light and natural and evens out my skin tone without breaking me out. This can definitely be used for an everyday thing. I hope Urban Decay never stops producing these!

on 6/20/2016 1:40:00 PM

This was a good buy for me. I decided to get it after reading the below review about its pore-minimizing properties, so thank you! First of all, the packaging is brilliant. It's a tube with a pump and attractive to boot. This is basically a tinted primer, but I find the light tint combined with the blurring and whatnot is amazing - it reminds me of my Paula's Choice sunscreen but available in a store. So yeah, it's extremely sheer but with the extra stuff in it I can get away with wearing just this for a suuuuuper natural look, but under heavier makeup it provides an extra boost for a flawless base. It does a good job smoothing out pores and provides light oil control and SPF 20. Plus it has 6 shades and you can fudge it a little since it's so sheer. They were OOS of Medium so I got Light Medium and it still looks great.

If you're wondering why get this instead of a tinted moisturizer, for me the reason is that this actually stays on my face and it blurs.

It hasn't broken me out, hasn't oxidized on me, it's $34, and I love it.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this a few weeks ago as my "everyday" summer foundation. My HG summer foundie has always been NARS Radiant Tinted Moisturizer but I'm a makeup whore and I'm always on the lookout for the next best thing so wanted to try this one. After wearing it for a few weeks I must say I am impressed!!! I got the shade Medium-Dark and I was a little worried that it would be too dark on me (NC 30 in SFF; Barcelona in NARS Sheer Glow and St. Moritz in NARS TM) but since I'm going to be using it as my summer foundation I wanted a shade a bit darker than I am now because I tan pretty quickly and get pretty dark. The color is a decent match actually, but I think that's because the coverage is so sheer and light. This doesn't cover like a foundation, it basically evens out your skin tone. I have some areas of discoloration from old acne scarring, and while this doesn't completely cover them, it does a great job of making them less obvious and it really just leaves skin with a very natural, healthy appearance. Perfect for a no makeup/natural/I woke up like this kinda look. This is less "makeup-y" looking than the NARS TM and this didn't accentuate and fine lines or make my already huge pores look bigger, which the NARS TM tended to do somewhat. I find this applies best, for me anyways, with my fingers and then I use my Maybelline Fit Me powder to set it. I have acne prone skin and this has not broken me out so that a plus!!! Price is decent for high end and it's cheaper than the NARS TM. My only complaint is the packaging. It's in a squeeze tube with a pump and I just don't like it but that's really my only complaint. I will repurchase again if I run out before the summer is over and overall, I'm impressed and would recommend to anyone who wants a light, natural everyday foundation.

on 4/19/2016 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have clear skin with uneven skin tone, with dry cheeks and under eye but oily forehead. This product works well for me, it evens out my skin tone and gives me a glowing complexion. However it doesn't cover much, it's very sheer, so I still use concealer under my eyes. It sets demi mat and I don't need to use powder. It was sold to me to use as a primer. I think it's good if you're not a foundation fan, like sheer coverage or for an everyday natural look.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is a decent tinted moisturizer. However, I don't see this as anything beyond a tinted moisturizer. The claim One and Done? I don't agree with that claim. Here is why. First of all, it does have SPF20 which is a good thing. But, most base products now on the market already have an SPF in it. This is not a brand new concept. Secondly, if you are someone with very oily skin like me, you will still need to apply a primer before this product as well as setting this with powder. Lastly, if you are someone with moderate to severe dark circles, active acne and/or acne scars like me, you will also need a to still apply your corrector and concealer. At this point, this isn't a "one and done" look. If you are someone with normal to dry skin and pretty much already have nice skin, this will be a great product and the claim of this being "one and done" will be accurate.
The coverage is sheer. It will even out the skin and it will slightly cover red areas but I had to layer three times to completely cover the red in my cheeks. Even with three layers, I still needed concealer on top of it to cover my imperfections. To give an idea of the coverage if this, it is less coverage than the following tinted moisturizers: Dior, Bobbi Brown, Smashbox, Nars, Buxom and Stila.
As for the shades, they all seem to run warm. Six shades are offered in this product. Light, Medium-Light, Medium, Medium-Dark, Dark and Deep. If you already use Naked Skin, you will be able to easily find your shade. On the display, each shade has the complimentary Naked Skin shade numbers listed under the shade name. I swatched both Medium and Medium-Dark and Medium was a much better match. Medium's Naked Skin color range is 4.5-6.0. I'm 6.0 in Naked Skin. Medium-Dark was too orange and dark and the Naked skin range is 6.5-8.0.
I typically stay away from tinted moisturizers because they tend to be too hydrating for my skin type. What I love about One and Done is that it will stay a satin/matte finish. It does have the exact finish as their Naked Skin foundation which I love. This is ideal for anyone that wants a light and fresh summer base product. Once my skin clears up, I will look forward in using this more often.

Ingredients:
Active: Octinoxate 7.5%, Zinc Oxide 3.4%.

Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Lauryl Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isononyl Isononanoate, Propylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polyglyceryl-2 Isostearate, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Propanediol, Isopropyl Myristate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Chloride, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Xanthan Gum, Silica, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Aspergillus Ferment, Evodia Rutaecarpa Fruit Extract, Isoceteth-10, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Ethoxydiglycol, Propylene Carbonate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, BHT, Sorbic Acid. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

i love the way that my skin looks with this bb cream, its light, but gives you the glow you need for the daily basis!