Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done

3.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 1/12/2019 4:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm fifty-five, and like a light foundation.

Skin: Combination, thank you HRT (really), with some fine lines and small spider veins I want to hide. I am one half Native American and the other is Swedish. In the summer I have darker skin, (that is neutral, neither very cool, nor warm), in the winter? I feel like my skin is so light, it's see-through. I have found the Medium Light to be the most versatile for my skin, year round.

I no longer need to hide acne, but I need SPF, more than ever, now. I use a moisturizer with SPF in it, but it's hardly enough. You need far more SPF than you suspect you do. My skin gets congested with too much on in a single layer, so I layer my SPF. While it would be heavenly if SPF was layered up to offer greater protection, your moisture is 30, your base is 30 and you get 60 SPF, it's not like that. I aim for an SPF of 20 because sweat and life take it off. This is not a product I use alone for my SPF, but with the other products I use, it's perfect.

I would not call it buildable, or more than a nice dewy finish, but it's perfect for my needs. The shade range is not huge, but this is not a true foundation. I wash my face in the morning, use any serums, (The Ordinary Vitamin F, and Cerave Day for the day), allow those to sink in and use my Urban Decay One and Done. I cover my face, and neck making sure it's blended. I get a fresh, clean, dewy and not overdone look. Which is exactly what I want. If I'm going out and want more coverage, I use a concealer, but I don't use it often. While this is not what I would call buildable, it is light, does a decent job of hydration, without making me look like an oil slick, even on hot days and has been good over a very dry winter for my area, so far. I have an excellent foundation, but at 55, too much is way too much on my skin and ages me.

The not so wonderful? It is not buildable. In order to get more coverage, I can mix this with my foundation, and that seems to do the trick. I use a very small amount of a good foundation, mixed with my fingers in clean hands, and apply with a brush or Beauty Blender. This works for almost all of my needs, my other products go on smoothly and I have seen good results. I also had very, VERY, oily skin until last year and this was perfect for it as well.

Is this the best ever? Not for everyone, but for my needs, it's my Holy Grail basic for my needs. I would buy it again and I have. I always have a backup ready. I open one, I trot off to make sure I have another one. I've tried other CC creams, PuR and Nars, as well as Neutrogena Acne (my favorite before my change of life), and this is not oily, greasy, too shiny. I don't need powder and at my age, it ages me. The smallest amount where my blush goes on, that's it. The wear time is not great, about 4 hours, but I don't mine reapplying if I must. I keep an older one on hand in my purse for re-application, along with my blush.

I'm traveling more this year and this is perfect for that.

While it's not for everyone, this is my favorite and will be as long as I can get my hands on it.

Pros:
SPF
Light and airy
Not pore clogging
looks dewy, not cakey
Pump. It can get product on the cap, but I wipe those down once a week on all my pump applicators.
Looks good with finger as applicator.
Super sheer, but noticable to me, coverage. I've been asked why my skin looks so good without makeup, when I'm wearing my One and Done. Weird, because NO ONE ever complimented my skin, ever, before menaupause. It only happens when I am wearing this.

Cons:
SPF has a limited ability to hold up all day. On sunny days when I am outside more, I use more SPF under it. I do expect this, so it's not a problem for me personally. I have had friends complain that they must re-apply for best SPF protection, during the day, and washing off SPF during the day is a pain. I do not pile on more product and a separate moisturizer on top of this is not ideal.

Not buildable. Not a problem for me, but other's would hate it, and I would have when I had cystic acne, it's not high hiding nor buildable.

It will not hold up on a long night of dancing, etc. It's not meant to, but it can be a disappointment if you want your look to last. At those times, I use a very nice foundation, which can switch.

Limited shade range, but the shades are meant to cover a broad range, and I do find that they do, with my very fair winter skin and my reddish/brown summer complexion. Again, I'm 1/2 Native American and my skin tans, with very little sun. At my fairest and darkest, this barely hits the range to cover, but I have two foundation shades, so this does cover a wide range.

Bottom Line: I am thrilled with this. I sometimes think about testing others, and I do intend to try the It Cosmetics, just in case they discontinue this, but I have been using makeup so long, I know when I'm happy.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

At 56, I've been on the hunt for a tinted moisturizer that provides a bit of color, evens out skin tone, and actually moisturizes. Because I haven't had much luck in the past, I went into Ulta recently looking, yet again, for a tinted moisturizer that would do the job I need it to. I asked the sales rep for a tinted moisturizer (NOT a foundation) that wasn't shiny. I don't want the reflective particles as they only serve to highlight aging skin on me. She recommended Urban Decay Naked Skin in Medium. I made the purchase ($36), took it home with high hopes, but ultimately was disappointed. The pump applicator doesn't dispense as easily as I had hoped and is actually rather messy. The color seems to oxidize on me (or maybe that's just the shade?) and my skin took on an orange tinge. I didn't find it moisturizing (felt I needed to use a primer and moisturizer underneath). In other words, this was really a foundation. I don't feel it was worth the price, don't like the feel of it on my skin, and plan to return it to Ulta.

AFTERTHOUGHT: A few days later I tried again and have found my HG. TheBalm "Balm Shelter" sold at Kohl's was $25, as opposed to Urban Decay's $36, AND I got it on sale. The tube is large, the feel of it perfect on my skin. This large tube has plenty of product, is highly moisturizing, evens tone, and isn't sparkly or shiny. The dewy, moisturized look I was after was achieved with this product. I'm actually going back to the store to get another tube while it's on sale.

Love this tinted moisturizer. Finished one and repurchased already. Do not expect it to cover blemishes or pigmentation issues, there is concealer for those. This stuff is there for you to even out the skin tone. The one and done has a natural, skin-like finish. It is not dewy, but also definitely not matt. I feel the skincare ingredients in it did make a difference over the time. I also find it performs best when applied with fingers in one, max two, thin layers. And well, that's the only foundation that I don't sweat off at high temperatures in summer.

on 8/16/2017 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

I actually never bought this. I went makeup free to Ulta to try it out. Tried it on. Loved the texture and ease of application but before I even hit the checkout it was dark orange. Horrible. This didn't seem to be oxidation, the Light color was orange and dark straight out of the tube. Too bad. Seemed like a product I would have liked. Wish they would come out with a fair shade that was neutral. If they did I would definitely try again!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've had this for awhile and have kept trying it out every once in awhile to see if I have any different results with it, but I've come to the conclusion that this just does not work for me whatsoever. I'm not one that likes full coverage to begin with so I thought this would be perfect me, especially on days that I don't feel like doing a whole foundation/concealer/powder routine. The reality is the coverage and formula of One And Done is just so bizarre that it's just not good at all.
The coverage is incredibly minimal and it doesn't cover redness at all. If you suffer from acne or redness around your nostrils etc. this isn't going to do a thing. The weird part is that even though it's extremely light coverage, it somehow still manages to look heavy on my skin. It patches, pools, and separates and makes my drier areas look like the freakin desert. It creases under my eyes, in my forehead, and between my brows and completely separates on my chin and nose. It patches so badly under my eyes on either side of my nose you'd think I've never exfoliated or used moisturizer in my life.
This definitely is NOT a "one and done" product for me. I realize that it works for some and maybe it's better suited for teen and early 20's skin, but for my 34 yr old skin it draws so much attention to flaws and texture that it's just not workable.
I have the shade Light and it does oxidize to shade with a really heavy yellow undertone on my skin. I have more neutral undertones that do lean more yellow than pink so the fact that this makes me look obviously more yellow is kind of a big deal.
I'm definitely not buying this again. It's way too expensive for how it performs.

on 6/5/2017 11:19:00 AM

This stuff is really awesome for full coverage! I bought it on a whim at Sephora and will not use anything else!! Normally I'm afraid of creasing but this one is 'naked' enough. In all it's effective at removing my dark circles and providing enough of a smooth base for my next application.

on 10/30/2016 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have oily skin and react to pretty much anything I put on my skin. I really liked the appearance of this and coverage was pretty good although I did have to use a concealer over some acne scars. After a few hours it started to oxidize on my more oilier areas. After using for a few days a started to develop cystic areas. Unfortunately it had to go back.

on 7/26/2016 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really love this. Most BB creams or tinted moisturizers are greasy with not enough coverage and don't last. This rectifies all of those issues and has a good SPF 30. I wear Medium on my NC30 skintone. I also love the packaging which is a tube with a pump. Great product.

on 5/25/2016 6:51:00 PM

This foundation/BB Cream was a huge disappointment for me. First of all the color was a shock. Usually I am a 0.5 in their HD Foundation which is a bit too light for me. I ordered shade "light" according to the recommendation on the website. But unfortunately the cream came out quite yellowish/apricot and suprisingly dark (approx. MAC NC 15, which is too dark for us fair girls). With a lot of blending you can still make it work for fair skin but the strong yellowish/apricot undertone makes it look weird on neutral to reddish undertones even though the coverage is rather light. The consistency is pretty much like Bobbi Brown's BB Cream. It's a bit difficult to spread as it's quite thick. It instantly clings to dry patches and therefore ends up looking uneven. Additionally my face looked super dry. I found this formula quite drying and after a while of wearing it my face felt really tight (even though I was using moisturiser underneath). I have combination oily skin with super oily T-Zone and very dry cheeks as I am in a constant battle against dermatitis/eczema which leaves my skin super dry with a lots of small spots in that area. If I use drying products the breakouts will get worse. Unfortunately this happend after wearing this Cream for a day. So I had to stop using it. Basically the formula is not irritating but it dried out my skin and thus worsened my dermatitis. I would not recommend this to anyone with dry skin. Considering its matte finish and rather drying feel one would probably assume that it is awesome for Oily skin. But on my very oily T-Zone it didn't keep the shine at bay for long and after a while this BB Cream felt heavy on my skin.

I think people with normal to slightly oily skin might be happy with this as their summer foundation as it provides a light coverage and a bit of sunscreen. I think for me it mainly didnt work because it emphasized any dry part (thus looking patchy) and dried my skin out even more. Also the color range for pale skin is quite bad but that doesnt necessarily make it a bad product.

on 5/14/2016 7:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is perfection! I have warm-toned fair skin with freckles and some minor redness around the nose and chin. Last winter EL's EE cream was my go-to tinted moisturiser, but for spring/summer I wanted something warmer and less shiny. This is it. I have it in medium-light and it is perfect. Glides on, makes my skin look like my skin but better and has a nice matte glow to it. Coverage is light but sufficient when you have minor redness. The packaging is great, very hygienic and easy to take with you everywhere.