Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done

3.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is a decent tinted moisturizer. However, I don't see this as anything beyond a tinted moisturizer. The claim One and Done? I don't agree with that claim. Here is why. First of all, it does have SPF20 which is a good thing. But, most base products now on the market already have an SPF in it. This is not a brand new concept. Secondly, if you are someone with very oily skin like me, you will still need to apply a primer before this product as well as setting this with powder. Lastly, if you are someone with moderate to severe dark circles, active acne and/or acne scars like me, you will also need a to still apply your corrector and concealer. At this point, this isn't a "one and done" look. If you are someone with normal to dry skin and pretty much already have nice skin, this will be a great product and the claim of this being "one and done" will be accurate.
The coverage is sheer. It will even out the skin and it will slightly cover red areas but I had to layer three times to completely cover the red in my cheeks. Even with three layers, I still needed concealer on top of it to cover my imperfections. To give an idea of the coverage if this, it is less coverage than the following tinted moisturizers: Dior, Bobbi Brown, Smashbox, Nars, Buxom and Stila.
As for the shades, they all seem to run warm. Six shades are offered in this product. Light, Medium-Light, Medium, Medium-Dark, Dark and Deep. If you already use Naked Skin, you will be able to easily find your shade. On the display, each shade has the complimentary Naked Skin shade numbers listed under the shade name. I swatched both Medium and Medium-Dark and Medium was a much better match. Medium's Naked Skin color range is 4.5-6.0. I'm 6.0 in Naked Skin. Medium-Dark was too orange and dark and the Naked skin range is 6.5-8.0.
I typically stay away from tinted moisturizers because they tend to be too hydrating for my skin type. What I love about One and Done is that it will stay a satin/matte finish. It does have the exact finish as their Naked Skin foundation which I love. This is ideal for anyone that wants a light and fresh summer base product. Once my skin clears up, I will look forward in using this more often.

Ingredients:
Active: Octinoxate 7.5%, Zinc Oxide 3.4%.

Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Lauryl Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isononyl Isononanoate, Propylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polyglyceryl-2 Isostearate, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Propanediol, Isopropyl Myristate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Chloride, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Xanthan Gum, Silica, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Aspergillus Ferment, Evodia Rutaecarpa Fruit Extract, Isoceteth-10, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Ethoxydiglycol, Propylene Carbonate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, BHT, Sorbic Acid. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

on 9/14/2016 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

I don't understand people's confusion about this product. Urban Decay, to my knowledge, has never said that this is a *foundation*, yet many people claim that it doesn't cover enough, etc. If you have generally good skin that maybe needs a little evening out or has very slight imperfections, and you like a natural makeup look, this product is perfect. It makes the skin look like your skin but better. I am NW35 in the summer and NC44 in cooler months and the Dark color in this product is perfect for me. The only thing I'm not digging about this is the price. Other than that, I think it's wonderful.

on 4/19/2016 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have clear skin with uneven skin tone, with dry cheeks and under eye but oily forehead. This product works well for me, it evens out my skin tone and gives me a glowing complexion. However it doesn't cover much, it's very sheer, so I still use concealer under my eyes. It sets demi mat and I don't need to use powder. It was sold to me to use as a primer. I think it's good if you're not a foundation fan, like sheer coverage or for an everyday natural look.

on 7/23/2016 8:54:00 AM

I adore this product. I have oily skin and I work long hours, so I need something that lasts, but I like a sheer base. Most tinted moisturizers and BBs have too much moisture to last on me. This has more pigment and something in it really adheres to my skin; I can go a full 12-16 hour day with my makeup still looking good, if not perfectly fresh, and with minimal touchups. The light color has been a great match for me, even as I got a little color going into summer. If I want more coverage, I top with powder - but as I said, I really like very sheer coverage and I think this makes my skin look more even without looking covered up. I don't have much that requires additional concealer. I haven't broken out using this; if anything, my skin looks better, although I'm going to credit better skincare to that vs. this product. But it hasn't hurt any.

This has a light, silicone-y texture. It goes on very smoothly, blends out well with a Beauty Blender and then goes demi-matte once it sets. No obvious smell. I don't find that it builds up particularly well, but that's what concealer is for.

I'll buy this as long as they make it. A truly excellent product for anyone who wants the feel of a tinted moisturizer or BB but that has better pigmentation and staying power.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is ideal if you're looking for something very sheer and to even out skintone only - it looks very natural. This is definitely "no-makeup" makeup. This doesn't provide enough coverage for blemishes or undereye circles. I have combination skin that is easily dehydrated, and on me it has a satin/almost matte finish. However, I have only worn this so far in warmer months - I suspect in the winter it may be too drying. It hasn't clung to dry patches and I haven't noticed much separation in my oily areas. I've also found that with my skin at least, it cooperates better with a creamier primer vs a drier, silicone primer. It wears on me for about 8 hours.

UD makes many extravagant claims about this product that of course are hard to swallow - first and foremost, this is makeup, not skincare.

I'm NC25-NC30; Punjab in NARS Sheer Glow; 4.0 in UD Naked Skin; 21 in Diorskin Star; Light-Medium in Tarte Amazonian Clay TM. I bought this in Light-Medium as well, and it's a hair too light, but definitely workable.

on 6/20/2016 1:40:00 PM

This was a good buy for me. I decided to get it after reading the below review about its pore-minimizing properties, so thank you! First of all, the packaging is brilliant. It's a tube with a pump and attractive to boot. This is basically a tinted primer, but I find the light tint combined with the blurring and whatnot is amazing - it reminds me of my Paula's Choice sunscreen but available in a store. So yeah, it's extremely sheer but with the extra stuff in it I can get away with wearing just this for a suuuuuper natural look, but under heavier makeup it provides an extra boost for a flawless base. It does a good job smoothing out pores and provides light oil control and SPF 20. Plus it has 6 shades and you can fudge it a little since it's so sheer. They were OOS of Medium so I got Light Medium and it still looks great.

If you're wondering why get this instead of a tinted moisturizer, for me the reason is that this actually stays on my face and it blurs.

It hasn't broken me out, hasn't oxidized on me, it's $34, and I love it.

on 7/21/2018 9:57:00 AM

You know how you buy something sometimes but you don't actually expect to like it? Or not, maybe I'm just weird, but I kind of thought I would be returning this instead of loving it.

What I wanted: something I could literally slap on with my fingers before running out the door in the morning because I am Forever Late To Work.
What I got: exactly that. I did not see that coming.

Cushion foundations don't last the day for me & require some finesse on my part due to enlarged pores and dry patches. Tinted moisturizers either offer no coverage, or are foundations that are poorly named. When I said I needed fast, I meant it. No liquids, and even my favorite stick foundation requires some proper application, generally with a brush. This stuff I literally pump onto my fingertips, blend in and that is it. No setting with powder or spraying with setting spray, and I don't even use concealer. So weird. The first time I put it on I was like "well that did nothing". Literally a minute later it looked like I had concealed and set my face. "One and done" sounds like the gimmicky-est name ever, but they actually did it. I'm shocked/impressed/thrilled.

For reference I am dry/dehydrated (so, dry patches, oily patches, a general party up in here) w/rosacea, yay, and nose pores you can back a truck into.
I. Don't. Need. Pore filler. With this. *confetti emoji*

My best match is Vapour foundation stick 090, I wear Ivory in Tarte's Amazonian Clay BB cream, Fair in IT Cosmetics CC cream, and Laneige BB cushion in Porcelain is also a good match. In this I wear Light, of course, which I thought was going to be too dark and is not, possibly because it's somehow...sheer but with coverage and I....know how stupid that sounds. I hope this doesn't do me wrong in the winter, but I do use SPF like a boss so I don't think my skin-tone varies much if at all. (side note, I slapped SPF over this the other day & it looked great)

This product isn't getting any love on YouTube so it will probably get discontinued and I will cry. But if you're perpetually late/lazy you should try this before it's gone!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I've been using this for a week now so I think I have a good grasp on it.

Consistency: Very light. I spread it with my fingers. It's even lighter than a moisturizer and feels quite watery. It doesn't dry too quickly or too fast, so it's just perfect.

Coverage: Thin. Very thin coverage. It doesn't cover any of my hyperpigmented scars with one layer but can definitely hide them if I add more product on top of it. I usually have to put another concealer after a layer of One and Done. This is definitely not for people with blemishes and redness, but it does even out the skin tone very well.

Finished look: Not matte, but not dewy either. It literally looks like I'm not wearing any makeup. Even in the sun it looks like I just have flawless, even skin. I've never seen anything like this product before. Its natural finish is amazing. I have combination skin and it doesn't exacerbate my dry areas or my oily areas.

Lasting power: Looks great for around 6-8 hours, after that it starts to fade, but only slightly.

On skin: I have super sensitive, acne-prone skin, and this hasn't broken me out. Is it weird that my skin has actually improved after using this?

Packaging: Really handy and portable. Love the pump. I don't think it contains much though so I think I would have to keep repurchasing it. And I definitely will.

Final thoughts: My favorite makeup product at the moment. I've always wanted to wear a BB Cream/Foundation that's really light and natural and evens out my skin tone without breaking me out. This can definitely be used for an everyday thing. I hope Urban Decay never stops producing these!

on 10/6/2017 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I went into Ulta with the intention of buying Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue. I needed a TM for the cooler months with sunscreen and like that formula. Urban Decay was having a sale event at the front of the store and one of their reps offered to color match me for this instead. The gel like formula is similar in that it gives a radiant finish and light coverage. This dries down a bit more satin than the dewy CR and is less emollient so it's easier to build up and set for medium coverage. I have some melasma from a recent pregnancy and some redness and it evened things out pretty well and feels great on the skin. It's not gonna cover completely but I'm not trying to look like a mannequin just polished and evened out. So far this doesn't cake, settle or move around. I did set with powder in my oily t-zone and its lasted 10 hours until I washed it off. The Spf is a 20 with both a physical and chemical sunscreen for broad spectrum protection. I react pretty quickly to some chemical sunscreens like avobenzene usually within 20 minutes my face starts to burn and itch but so far so good with this one.

The con for me is the extremely limited color range with no neutrals. I was matched to light-medium and if the coverage was any heavier I wouldn't be able to wear this when I havent had any sun. I'm usually a medium neutral in other brands but this shade has a lot of yellow. It works but a more neutral shade would have been better. Because it's not an opaque formula it's pretty forgiving but there is nothing here for those with very fair, olive or neutral skin tones. I was surprised by that since UD has a decent range of colors in their foundation. A few more would be great here. Great finish and formula but crappy color selection.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

As I'm getting older (hit the 50 mark this year!) I prefer less make up. Have been using high spf BB's or sometimes just my sunscreen and finishing powder, so I was quite excited about trying this. I prefer a product that can be applied with fingers just for speed and convenience but unfortunately this product didn't work for me applying this way as it sets quite quickly. However with a Real Techniques stippling brush it buffed up really nicely. Was a little worried about the colour because light was a little light and a bit orangey, and light medium looked too dark for me. I went with light and it blends perfectly with my skin tone. I finish with a dusting of E.L.F. Finishing powder or a light brush over of physicians formula pressed powder. Now this product has been marketed as a one step, all you need product for summer make up but I would have thought that the spf would have been at least 30, not 20. I have been wearing just over a serum with no added sunscreen but as a fair person who uses Retin A and lives in the tropics I feel I would need a sunscreen underneath. Would I buy again? Yes probably because it does give a nice 'no make up' made up look.