Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done

3.9

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/7/2017 12:48:00 PM

Oh WOW!!! This is a wonderful foundation for someone who doesn't need a lot of coverage. Evens out skin tone, dries quickly to a soft, satin finish, and for me, no powder over it is necessary. I usually buy Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue TM, which I like, but the dewy finish means I have to use a finishing powder. Also, this product has better coverage than Complexion Rescue. A little goes a long way, though you can add more for extra coverage. It lasts all day, it doesn't settle into fine lines or look cakey. I bought the "light" shade, and it's perfect for my light to medium skin tone. I love that I can skin powder, especially as I am getting older and less is more. It might not be ideal for someone looking for a large range of colors, but for me, it is just PERFECT!! The only negative is that the SPF is only 20... but I can live with that.

on 10/6/2017 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I went into Ulta with the intention of buying Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue. I needed a TM for the cooler months with sunscreen and like that formula. Urban Decay was having a sale event at the front of the store and one of their reps offered to color match me for this instead. The gel like formula is similar in that it gives a radiant finish and light coverage. This dries down a bit more satin than the dewy CR and is less emollient so it's easier to build up and set for medium coverage. I have some melasma from a recent pregnancy and some redness and it evened things out pretty well and feels great on the skin. It's not gonna cover completely but I'm not trying to look like a mannequin just polished and evened out. So far this doesn't cake, settle or move around. I did set with powder in my oily t-zone and its lasted 10 hours until I washed it off. The Spf is a 20 with both a physical and chemical sunscreen for broad spectrum protection. I react pretty quickly to some chemical sunscreens like avobenzene usually within 20 minutes my face starts to burn and itch but so far so good with this one.

The con for me is the extremely limited color range with no neutrals. I was matched to light-medium and if the coverage was any heavier I wouldn't be able to wear this when I havent had any sun. I'm usually a medium neutral in other brands but this shade has a lot of yellow. It works but a more neutral shade would have been better. Because it's not an opaque formula it's pretty forgiving but there is nothing here for those with very fair, olive or neutral skin tones. I was surprised by that since UD has a decent range of colors in their foundation. A few more would be great here. Great finish and formula but crappy color selection.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Looked ashy upon application (think Zombie Apocolypse) on my strong yellow toned NC42 skin...but within half an hour had melded beautifully with my skin to create a flawless, yet skin like finish which matched me perfectly.

I purchased this in medium dark...and relegated it to my Halloween makeup pile....only to pull it back out once I got a glimpse of how beautifully it had settled on my skin.

Pleasantly surprised by its silky texture and surprisingly superior coverage. Works well with my HG Smashbox Photo Finish Primer.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

SELECTED SHADE: medium dark (NC37/40 for reference)
SKIN TYPE: combination
METHOD OF APPLICATION: sponge

PROS

- demi matte finish
- easy to apply
- blurs imperfections
- lightweight

CONS

- longevity (although its not stated to be long wearing)
- packaging (pump doesn't work too well)

COMMENTS: Great foundation for summer use IF you mix this with a little bit of powder. On its own, I found my blush/bronzer fading and it made me very oily after a few hours. However, if I mix some translucent loose powder I don't have these issues (still get oily, but nowhere near as bad - totally normal). Do keep it mind it will thicken the consistency to the point where it can be harder to blend, but use less if that's an issue. I also get some legit coverage from doing this. No, you don't have to use their Velvetizer for this method. Try it with a powder you have now. I can probably get away with wearing this alone during the winter months, but this minor adjustment has this working so well for me in this heat.

Will repurchase.

on 6/5/2017 10:31:00 AM

This stuff is bomb. I've been using it for over a year. Nice natural pore minimizing finish, holds up reasonably well in heat, has spf 20 and layers well over sunscreen. It's so lightweight. Color selection is decent for pale skin (I'm not sure if it's decent for deeper skin tones. I think there's only one deep shade. But I must say the formula is thin so with a bit of color correcting I imagine it can work for a range of skitones).

I love the UD NS foundation and this is a thinner version in a tube w sunscreen added.

Will continue to buy forever.

on 6/5/2017 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I'm the kind of person who loves sheer/light coverage because its humid where I live and because I don't need to much coverage to being with. So this baby fits the bill perfectly. It's lightweight and does a great job to even out my complexion and blurring minor imperfections. I think it works best if you're going for an every day all natural look. I love that it comes with SPF because it means I can skip a step, I just wish it was higher (it's only SPF 20). I mostly apply using a Beauty Blender but using your fingers works well too (great when you're in a hurry or packing light like for beach holiday). Just remember to blend in fast because it sets rather quickly . The shade Medium is a good match (for ref, I'm UD Naked 5.0/Nars Sheer Glow Stromboli/St Moritz TM). I have dry skin and I find that this is not moisturizing enough to use on its own. However, it lasts throughout the day and I get minimal or hardly any shine (though I do top up with a dusting of loose powder around the T-zone).

It's loaded with peptides and vitamins which is a bonus but can't say I've noticed significant radiance or firmer feeling skin (as it claims on the box). That aside it's still a great product and one I'd definitely revisit.

on 2/26/2017 3:51:00 AM

I was at Ulta checking out the Nars TM and the UD rep asked to show me this product. And while the color she chose, medium light, was perfect, that's about the only good thing about this product. It slides off my face about 2 hours after applying it, both with & without using a primer. It provides some coverage but fades in about an hour, & as stated above, gone in 2 hours. My face got shiny too quickly and when I removed it at the end of the day there was practically no product to remove.
I wasn't expecting full coverage as it is advertised as a BB cream, and I wanted to use it on the days I didn't want to deal with foundation, but it just doesn't work for me. I have combo oily skin and told the salesperson this before trying it but she said it would work on my skin type.
This product is going back to the store. I have used it a total of 3 times and won't attempt a fourth. I'll take my refund and go to Sephora and try Nars Velvet Matte TM instead as the Nars Radiant TM looks like the same coverage- too glowy and greasy.

on 2/23/2017 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I like this a lot--it's one of the few sheer coverage products that works with my oily skin. I apply with my fingers over a primer (currently Estee Lauder Matte Perfecting Primer), and then set with powder. It does leave a weird white residue on my fingers even when I use it with other primers, but it applies smoothly to my face and doesn't pill or do anything strange. I get 8 good hours from it, and looks fine but a little greasy after that. It doesn't fade or turn orange. I don't touch up during the day.

Color selection is okay. I'm ~NC25 and find the medium-light to be slightly dark, but easy to adjust with a drop of white mixer or sunscreen. Light is a little too pink for me.

Coverage is exactly what I'm looking for--it perks up my clear skin without looking super made up. I generally find that tinted moisturizers and BB/CC-whatevers provide more coverage than I need. I assume you could build it up a little too, or put a powder with some color down over it if you want more coverage.

Price is in line with similar mid-range products.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

If you are someone who likes tinted moisturizers and that airy, breathable type foundation, then this is for you. Do not expect much coverage as this is quite sheer. Many people claim it's "your skin but better" and I agree. It is lovely on the skin and there is a subtle glow. I tried the Medium shade and for reference I am typically a NC35. The shade was a good match albeit a tad on the orange side but nothing too noticeable. Texture-wise, it's very fluid but it glides on the skin beautifully. I would recommend some type of moisturizer underneath though. I do not find the One and Done moisturizing on its own. OK, seriously, the person who came up with this packaging needs to be replaced. Here's a tip, upon opening item at home for the first time, shake and squeeze the bottom as you dispense the pump. And hold the product downwards. It works better than just pumping it like 30 times before anything comes out. Ok, so moving on, I find that after a few hours, my skin does look a bit shiny on t-zone and cheeks. It's not a pretty look. I also feel that some of the makeup has come off. This is definitely not non-transfer. It comes off very easily, which would be a PRO when it comes to washing it off at nights. But I really did not enjoy overly sheen look. Also, after a few uses, I did find some minor breakouts. All in all, not a bad product. It's nice for those seeking something light and already have good skin. This did not help with hiding my acne scars. It is good for evening out skin tone and giving it a nice glow.

I Love this Urban Decay Naked Skin one and done. It doesn't make my skin oily or too dry. It has a sheer coverage but it's enough to color correcting my skin. My skin looks brighter after using this product. And I would love to buy this again!