Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done

3.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 10/28/2018 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

It’s ok. It makes a decent every day foundation especially if you need SPF. I have the darkest shade which I believe is deep and it’s an ok shade but I’m thinking the spf makes it look almost grayish when applied. I had to use my bronzer to counteract the gray cast. It did wear well and didn’t become crazy oily after several hours. I’ll finish the tube but won’t repurchase.

on 7/21/2018 9:57:00 AM

You know how you buy something sometimes but you don't actually expect to like it? Or not, maybe I'm just weird, but I kind of thought I would be returning this instead of loving it.

What I wanted: something I could literally slap on with my fingers before running out the door in the morning because I am Forever Late To Work.
What I got: exactly that. I did not see that coming.

Cushion foundations don't last the day for me & require some finesse on my part due to enlarged pores and dry patches. Tinted moisturizers either offer no coverage, or are foundations that are poorly named. When I said I needed fast, I meant it. No liquids, and even my favorite stick foundation requires some proper application, generally with a brush. This stuff I literally pump onto my fingertips, blend in and that is it. No setting with powder or spraying with setting spray, and I don't even use concealer. So weird. The first time I put it on I was like "well that did nothing". Literally a minute later it looked like I had concealed and set my face. "One and done" sounds like the gimmicky-est name ever, but they actually did it. I'm shocked/impressed/thrilled.

For reference I am dry/dehydrated (so, dry patches, oily patches, a general party up in here) w/rosacea, yay, and nose pores you can back a truck into.
I. Don't. Need. Pore filler. With this. *confetti emoji*

My best match is Vapour foundation stick 090, I wear Ivory in Tarte's Amazonian Clay BB cream, Fair in IT Cosmetics CC cream, and Laneige BB cushion in Porcelain is also a good match. In this I wear Light, of course, which I thought was going to be too dark and is not, possibly because it's somehow...sheer but with coverage and I....know how stupid that sounds. I hope this doesn't do me wrong in the winter, but I do use SPF like a boss so I don't think my skin-tone varies much if at all. (side note, I slapped SPF over this the other day & it looked great)

This product isn't getting any love on YouTube so it will probably get discontinued and I will cry. But if you're perpetually late/lazy you should try this before it's gone!

on 7/20/2018 1:10:00 PM

My everyday foundation for a nice neutral, "no-makeup" look. It's coverage is buildable if I need more coverage. I sometimes mix with a little moisturizer and use under a heavier foundation like a primer on days I wear more makeup.
The CONS I have are not necessarily about the product itself, but the price and packaging. It's pricey for the amount of product. The packaging isn't good, more so evident when you get to the end of th tube. Other than that, it's a great product and I will continue to repurchase!

on 4/23/2018 7:19:00 AM

This product looks pretty good on my sensitive, fair skin (Mac nw25), in a very small amount it makes my skin look soft and natural. I applied just a pump with my hands and it was enough for my whole face, and another pump for my neck. But after one week of use it broke me out TERRIBLY. Got bumps and milia in places that i never had a breakout before. Not sure which ingredient gave me the bumps but definetly recommend to be sure not to be allergic before you buy it. The only good thing: the packaging.

on 4/12/2018 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

This is a joke in a tube! Lol like the color shade sucks. It’s either too dark or too light. It goes on insanely matte. Like looking like a paper bag. Grainy! (I have really oily skin btw) and then a couple hours later, it just breaks down completely and gets super greasy. I’m confused and I hate it.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

One of the best BB creams that I have ever tried! It goes on evenly and smoothly, and does a great job of leveling out my flaws without masking everything. Coverage is light and not really buildable, but if I wanted more than light coverage, I wouldn't be turning to a BB cream. The finish is very natural: satiny, not greasy. It doesn't require any powder afterwards, and it last for a good 8 hours at least. It does tend to be a bit drying, so I have to make sure I'm well-moisturized before I apply it. The SPF is nice, but I never rely on any BB cream or foundation as my sole sun protection. Fortunately, this plays well with real sunscreens without pilling or patching. It's pricey but worth it...it's a repeat purchase for me, in fact.

As far as the shade range goes, I'm currently between UD Naked Skin 2.0 and 3.0, so Light is a great fit for me. The shade's undertone is little more neutral than my undertone actually is, but it blends out pretty well. Light is supposed to cover the shade range 0.5-3, but I think users of the foundation shades lower than 2.0 are going to find Light a little too dark for them.

on 11/7/2017 12:48:00 PM

Oh WOW!!! This is a wonderful foundation for someone who doesn't need a lot of coverage. Evens out skin tone, dries quickly to a soft, satin finish, and for me, no powder over it is necessary. I usually buy Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue TM, which I like, but the dewy finish means I have to use a finishing powder. Also, this product has better coverage than Complexion Rescue. A little goes a long way, though you can add more for extra coverage. It lasts all day, it doesn't settle into fine lines or look cakey. I bought the "light" shade, and it's perfect for my light to medium skin tone. I love that I can skin powder, especially as I am getting older and less is more. It might not be ideal for someone looking for a large range of colors, but for me, it is just PERFECT!! The only negative is that the SPF is only 20... but I can live with that.

on 10/6/2017 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I went into Ulta with the intention of buying Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue. I needed a TM for the cooler months with sunscreen and like that formula. Urban Decay was having a sale event at the front of the store and one of their reps offered to color match me for this instead. The gel like formula is similar in that it gives a radiant finish and light coverage. This dries down a bit more satin than the dewy CR and is less emollient so it's easier to build up and set for medium coverage. I have some melasma from a recent pregnancy and some redness and it evened things out pretty well and feels great on the skin. It's not gonna cover completely but I'm not trying to look like a mannequin just polished and evened out. So far this doesn't cake, settle or move around. I did set with powder in my oily t-zone and its lasted 10 hours until I washed it off. The Spf is a 20 with both a physical and chemical sunscreen for broad spectrum protection. I react pretty quickly to some chemical sunscreens like avobenzene usually within 20 minutes my face starts to burn and itch but so far so good with this one.

The con for me is the extremely limited color range with no neutrals. I was matched to light-medium and if the coverage was any heavier I wouldn't be able to wear this when I havent had any sun. I'm usually a medium neutral in other brands but this shade has a lot of yellow. It works but a more neutral shade would have been better. Because it's not an opaque formula it's pretty forgiving but there is nothing here for those with very fair, olive or neutral skin tones. I was surprised by that since UD has a decent range of colors in their foundation. A few more would be great here. Great finish and formula but crappy color selection.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Looked ashy upon application (think Zombie Apocolypse) on my strong yellow toned NC42 skin...but within half an hour had melded beautifully with my skin to create a flawless, yet skin like finish which matched me perfectly.

I purchased this in medium dark...and relegated it to my Halloween makeup pile....only to pull it back out once I got a glimpse of how beautifully it had settled on my skin.

Pleasantly surprised by its silky texture and surprisingly superior coverage. Works well with my HG Smashbox Photo Finish Primer.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

SELECTED SHADE: medium dark (NC37/40 for reference)
SKIN TYPE: combination
METHOD OF APPLICATION: sponge

PROS

- demi matte finish
- easy to apply
- blurs imperfections
- lightweight
- light to medium coverage

CONS

- longevity (although its not stated to be long wearing)
- packaging (pump doesn't work too well)
- settles into fine lines

COMMENTS: Love the finish of this, though I find myself having to dispense quite a bit of product to cover my face. The consistency is on the thicker side. You can get a solid medium coverage with this. You’ll definitely need a good setting spray, as the longevity is quite poor and will start fading considerably after a few hours. It will settle into fine lines and the pump isn’t the best. Its not a terrible product, nor is it the best. I just don’t think it’s worth the price in the end.

Will not repurchase.