Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done

3.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 7/6/2017 2:25:00 PM

The colour Light is not really light. It looks very orange when you pump it out onto your hand. It only fits me when I have a little bit of a tan. It does blend out fairly well, and i would like it much better if i could use it all year round. I'm only tan for three months, so it's not really worth it.

I'm so disappointed! I found my color match, this applies beautifully and blurs imperfections, looks really nice on etc. but it broke me out so bad, real bad. To be fair, most things do. The only foundation I can wear is UD's Naked Skin.

Sadly I will have to return this but if you're not breakout prone and want a high quality tinted moisturizer that wears beautifully, get this.

on 5/20/2017 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am on my second tube of this product. It's a very lightweight almost runny fluid bb cream/foundation. I love that it doesn't feel mask like. The tube has a pump dispenser which keeps it sanitary. It blends easily and blurs pores without heavy coverage. I buy the light-medium for my fair, pink undertoned skin. I love this product. It's pricey but worth it.

on 2/15/2017 11:38:00 AM

I have a lot of the same feelings on this product as previous reviewers do - it is great if you want a light, blurring tinted moisturizer but it is expensive. I have dry, aging skin and this is a lightweight product that does not settle into any of my lines or dry patches and it dries down to a not too matte finish. It really just kind of slightly perfects skin and any darker spots on my skin still show thought but they look a little less sharp. This did not break me out (IT Cosmetics CC cream did) and feels very light on my skin. I don't like heavy foundations and they usually just make my pores/lines looks worse no matter what but this is a great product that allows me to get some coverage and it still looks like my skin but just better. Others have stated there are drugstore products that work just as well as this so the cost is not justified and I would love to know what those products are as this does seem over priced at $34 a tube. Also, the shade range is too limited at six tints. I will keep buying until I can find something else cheaper.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I cannot justify shelling out this kind of cash again for a glorified tinted moisturizer :/ it works well, but I can get the same light coverage from a drugstore brand. I will use it up because I spent so much on it, but I hardly look at it as a "one and done" product, if you have blemishes or redness this won't cover it at all. It's good for good skin days only!

Pros: Has a blurring effect, dry finish that is flattering for oily skin, doesn't break me out
Cons: Hardly any coverage, can draw attention to dry patches, I can't use this product by itself most days because I need more coverage

on 12/30/2016 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have this in medium light. I find it dries quickly and you must blend fast. The finish is nice, not matte and not too dewy either. It always looks orange and obvious on me. There is an obvious line where the makeup meets my skin. Despite that it is only light coverage. It does not suit lighter olive tones. The medium dark looks like it would have the right undertone for olive skin. But that is too dark for me.

on 12/3/2016 7:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been using this foundation now for quite sometime, and even though I try out a lot of different foundations, I gravitate back to this one over and over. And over time, I have to admit somewhat reluctantly that this really is a very good foundation for my particular skin situation. I never thought this product would be the one for me, since marketiwise I supposed it is trying to target more of a younger audience. But if your skin type is somewhat like mine, chances are you would like it too...:)

My skin for reference is mature, approaching the fifty's and my skintype is dry, which means it is easily dehydrated and cannot keep the skins surface moisturised by itself. Pores are slightly enlarged due to age and genetics and my skin is also sensitive and prone to redness/mild rosacea.

Finding a good foundation for skin like mine is a bit tricky, Full coverage highly pigmented foundations tend to emphasise imperfections and pores, and too little coverage tinted moisturisers don't even out the skin tone enough.

This product is somewhat of a hybrid. It is not a full coverage or even buildable foundation. Rather it has a light to light medium coverage. It is not too sheer like most tinted moisturisers, but not comparable to regular foundations either. Instead this rather works by cleverly chosen pigments combined with blurring agents that manages to even out skin tone and diffuse imperfections without masking the skin. I have never come across a formulations like this before, so it is not easy to compare to other products. This is quite unique and I think therefore an unexpected target audience for this might just be ladies like myself with dry or dry/mature skin that needs a bit of evening out but not by covering/masking but through blurring making the result very skin like. It will not however be able to even out very uneven skin tone or completely mask out heavy pigmentation discolouration. But it will even out rosieness and mild uneven pigmentation by blurring and diffusing. It smooths over pores and does not settle into them and does not despite its shorter texture emphasise texture on me, which I find to be a small miracle...:)
Due to this a wide shade range is not needed since this morphes with your skin tone rather than covering it. Undertones don't matter as much then either. Most of the colours in the range pull towards the warm spectrum, but still works well with my skin tone that pulls more towards the cool/neutral side. Some reviewers have felt this oxidises. I have not experienced oxidisation on me and tested it also while writing this review on my hand with no noticeable change in colour. Oxidisation can occur in combo with skincare products but some foundations oxidise always. I don't find this to do so.

The finish is not dewy, rather a matte slightely satiny finish that is very flattering on my skin, and also helps with longevity and lessens the need for powder. I have loved it during the summer months and have ordered a lighter colour now for winter. That hardly happens for me. It allows well for mixing with other products too. I sometimes mix it with a luminous product when my skin feels particularly dull. And it works great too. It wears really well throughout the day and does not break up in areas rather melts slowly away leaving the skin looking more like my skin but better throughout the day. The result is natural or naturally perfected but not flawless.

Application is a breeze it is not too slippy in texture, rather a "shorter consistency" and personally I apply this with my fingers that helps the product melt into place with ease. With surface dry mature skin that is my preferred method of application, since brushes tend to exaggerate my redness and dry patches/texture and damp beautyblenders tend to draw moisture off my skin since water can be quite drying on my skintype and with this particular product it also sheeres out the coverage and lessens the blurring/diffusing effect imo.

The package is great, the tube keeps the product sanitary and prolongs the antioxidants. You have to squeeze it a bit in the beginning to help the pump to work by getting any air out that might block the pump action. But once that is done the pump works very well and you can adjust the amount that comes out quite well for a pump product.

It comes with an SPF of 20 that is a mixture of mineral and chemical sunscreen. Personally I could do without SPF in this product. (I don't believe much in layering SPF and I think those compounds usually make foundations less perfectly working). I am not however bothered by this particular SPF content. But those of you who dislike chemical sunscreens or those of you who find mineral sunscreens irritating should be aware that there is quite a bit of sunscreen in this product.

Who do I think will not like this product?
-Those of you who have very fair skin. The lightest shade is not porcelain enough, I assume.
-Those of you who have quite a bit of uneven skin tone and/or major texture issues.
-Unsure, but very oily skintypes may find this more sheer than I do with my dry and dehydrated skin.
-Those of you who really dislike applying foundation with your fingers
-Those of you who want full coverage and feel more comfortable with covering imperfections rather than evening them out and want a completely flawless finish.

Who might like this product:
-Those of you who have a similar skin type like me. Mature, dry, dehydrated with some unevenness, some sensitivity/redness, some textural issues and pores that blurs more effectively by plumping them out rather than masking them or covering them with silicone primers and heavier pigmented products.
- Those who look for a light to light medium coverage, one step up from tinted moisturiser but not full on foundation or bb cream and want a more natural skin like result where some imperfections may show through.
-Those who spend most of their time in daylight outdoor li

on 11/10/2016 6:29:00 PM

This is my HG of all bb creams. So first off, the coverage is sheer. I have good skin, so all I really need is something to even me out and this does a great job. It sinks right in and it's fairly matte. I love that it never leaves me with a makeup-y or caked looked- I'm always paranoid about looking like I have makeup on instead of well, just looking good.

on 4/19/2016 12:16:00 PM

I really wanted to like this. Unfortunately it didn't work out between us. It had blur, which is definitely a good thing, and it had tint to it, also a good thing, but not enough blur to wear by itself, and not enough tint to actual conceal anything. After I put it on, I still needed concealer and powder, and that defeats the whole purpose-I already have great foundation to go through all that with. I think I was looking for something a little more naked looking than foundation while still doing foundation's job. Crazy, I suppose, but that what this claims to do. No oil control, and overall a kind of slippery feeling to it. This might be great for someone who has fewer "imperfections", but that is not me.

on 4/12/2016 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've only worn this for about a week, so I'm still formulating my thoughts on this. Here's what I think so far:

- packaging is attractive and the pump is nice. It did take awhile to get the pump working (I kept pressing and pressing) but it's working fine now!

- formula is between creamy and liquidy. It applies nicely with fingers or a dense synthetic brush. Application can seem kind of patchy at first, but that goes away pretty quickly.

- coverage is light and somewhat buildable. If you're looking for coverage you should look elsewhere (or perhaps just treat this as a tinted primer), but if you're good with a light coverage that may still require a concealer, you might like this.

- finish is matte. On my combo skin this stays matte all day. I think if you're at either extreme for skin type (very dry or very oily) you may not care for this. It can feel a little bit tight on my dry areas, but it only clings to dry spots minimally. The best part of this is how well it reduces the appearance of pores--this gives me baby skin! Even though I said the finish is matte, it's almost luminous in that it gives that "soft focus" effect.

- longevity is good. I haven't had issues with this breaking up after a long day (8-10 hrs). I appreciate that this stuff lasts well!

- the shade range is kind of terrible. I got the lightest shade, but it's not a great match. Even though it is sheer coverage, it would be nice to be able to chose between different undertones..

- misc.: it's kind of challenging to remove completely. I haven't noticed that it's reduced the appearance of my pores in general. I like that it has spf but I will still wear sunscreen underneath when I'm outside.