Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done

Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done

3.7

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 1/12/2019 4:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm fifty-five, and like a light foundation.

Skin: Combination, thank you HRT (really), with some fine lines and small spider veins I want to hide. I am one half Native American and the other is Swedish. In the summer I have darker skin, (that is neutral, neither very cool, nor warm), in the winter? I feel like my skin is so light, it's see-through. I have found the Medium Light to be the most versatile for my skin, year round.

I no longer need to hide acne, but I need SPF, more than ever, now. I use a moisturizer with SPF in it, but it's hardly enough. You need far more SPF than you suspect you do. My skin gets congested with too much on in a single layer, so I layer my SPF. While it would be heavenly if SPF was layered up to offer greater protection, your moisture is 30, your base is 30 and you get 60 SPF, it's not like that. I aim for an SPF of 20 because sweat and life take it off. This is not a product I use alone for my SPF, but with the other products I use, it's perfect.

I would not call it buildable, or more than a nice dewy finish, but it's perfect for my needs. The shade range is not huge, but this is not a true foundation. I wash my face in the morning, use any serums, (The Ordinary Vitamin F, and Cerave Day for the day), allow those to sink in and use my Urban Decay One and Done. I cover my face, and neck making sure it's blended. I get a fresh, clean, dewy and not overdone look. Which is exactly what I want. If I'm going out and want more coverage, I use a concealer, but I don't use it often. While this is not what I would call buildable, it is light, does a decent job of hydration, without making me look like an oil slick, even on hot days and has been good over a very dry winter for my area, so far. I have an excellent foundation, but at 55, too much is way too much on my skin and ages me.

The not so wonderful? It is not buildable. In order to get more coverage, I can mix this with my foundation, and that seems to do the trick. I use a very small amount of a good foundation, mixed with my fingers in clean hands, and apply with a brush or Beauty Blender. This works for almost all of my needs, my other products go on smoothly and I have seen good results. I also had very, VERY, oily skin until last year and this was perfect for it as well.

Is this the best ever? Not for everyone, but for my needs, it's my Holy Grail basic for my needs. I would buy it again and I have. I always have a backup ready. I open one, I trot off to make sure I have another one. I've tried other CC creams, PuR and Nars, as well as Neutrogena Acne (my favorite before my change of life), and this is not oily, greasy, too shiny. I don't need powder and at my age, it ages me. The smallest amount where my blush goes on, that's it. The wear time is not great, about 4 hours, but I don't mine reapplying if I must. I keep an older one on hand in my purse for re-application, along with my blush.

I'm traveling more this year and this is perfect for that.

While it's not for everyone, this is my favorite and will be as long as I can get my hands on it.

Pros:
SPF
Light and airy
Not pore clogging
looks dewy, not cakey
Pump. It can get product on the cap, but I wipe those down once a week on all my pump applicators.
Looks good with finger as applicator.
Super sheer, but noticable to me, coverage. I've been asked why my skin looks so good without makeup, when I'm wearing my One and Done. Weird, because NO ONE ever complimented my skin, ever, before menaupause. It only happens when I am wearing this.

Cons:
SPF has a limited ability to hold up all day. On sunny days when I am outside more, I use more SPF under it. I do expect this, so it's not a problem for me personally. I have had friends complain that they must re-apply for best SPF protection, during the day, and washing off SPF during the day is a pain. I do not pile on more product and a separate moisturizer on top of this is not ideal.

Not buildable. Not a problem for me, but other's would hate it, and I would have when I had cystic acne, it's not high hiding nor buildable.

It will not hold up on a long night of dancing, etc. It's not meant to, but it can be a disappointment if you want your look to last. At those times, I use a very nice foundation, which can switch.

Limited shade range, but the shades are meant to cover a broad range, and I do find that they do, with my very fair winter skin and my reddish/brown summer complexion. Again, I'm 1/2 Native American and my skin tans, with very little sun. At my fairest and darkest, this barely hits the range to cover, but I have two foundation shades, so this does cover a wide range.

Bottom Line: I am thrilled with this. I sometimes think about testing others, and I do intend to try the It Cosmetics, just in case they discontinue this, but I have been using makeup so long, I know when I'm happy.

on 10/28/2018 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

It’s ok. It makes a decent every day foundation especially if you need SPF. I have the darkest shade which I believe is deep and it’s an ok shade but I’m thinking the spf makes it look almost grayish when applied. I had to use my bronzer to counteract the gray cast. It did wear well and didn’t become crazy oily after several hours. I’ll finish the tube but won’t repurchase.

on 9/15/2018 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am a makeup junkie and always itching to try new stuff, so I don't remember the time I've actually finished something. So when I say this is my go-to foundation, that means a lot (considering I've probably tried more than 100 different ones in my lifetime and currently have 7 opened ones on my dresser). Qualifier: I may not have liked this as much in my younger days, as the coverage is sheer and it's not matte. But for my nearing 50 skin that is getting drier and generally blemish free, this is a dream. It goes on very smoothly, never cakes up and gives me that natural glow like I'm bursting with health and didn't slap on a lot of makeup to cover up. People have constantly said how good my complexion looks when I'm wearing this (not how good my makeup looks). That's a huge difference. It plays well under sunscreen and wears well too, still looks great after 6 hours, considering how lightweight this is.

For all those complaining about the price, I hope you realise that this gives you 40ml instead of the usual 30ml of most foundations. I'm Mac NC25 and Light-Medium is perfect for me.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

At 56, I've been on the hunt for a tinted moisturizer that provides a bit of color, evens out skin tone, and actually moisturizes. Because I haven't had much luck in the past, I went into Ulta recently looking, yet again, for a tinted moisturizer that would do the job I need it to. I asked the sales rep for a tinted moisturizer (NOT a foundation) that wasn't shiny. I don't want the reflective particles as they only serve to highlight aging skin on me. She recommended Urban Decay Naked Skin in Medium. I made the purchase ($36), took it home with high hopes, but ultimately was disappointed. The pump applicator doesn't dispense as easily as I had hoped and is actually rather messy. The color seems to oxidize on me (or maybe that's just the shade?) and my skin took on an orange tinge. I didn't find it moisturizing (felt I needed to use a primer and moisturizer underneath). In other words, this was really a foundation. I don't feel it was worth the price, don't like the feel of it on my skin, and plan to return it to Ulta.

AFTERTHOUGHT: A few days later I tried again and have found my HG. TheBalm "Balm Shelter" sold at Kohl's was $25, as opposed to Urban Decay's $36, AND I got it on sale. The tube is large, the feel of it perfect on my skin. This large tube has plenty of product, is highly moisturizing, evens tone, and isn't sparkly or shiny. The dewy, moisturized look I was after was achieved with this product. I'm actually going back to the store to get another tube while it's on sale.

on 7/21/2018 9:57:00 AM

You know how you buy something sometimes but you don't actually expect to like it? Or not, maybe I'm just weird, but I kind of thought I would be returning this instead of loving it.

What I wanted: something I could literally slap on with my fingers before running out the door in the morning because I am Forever Late To Work.
What I got: exactly that. I did not see that coming.

Cushion foundations don't last the day for me & require some finesse on my part due to enlarged pores and dry patches. Tinted moisturizers either offer no coverage, or are foundations that are poorly named. When I said I needed fast, I meant it. No liquids, and even my favorite stick foundation requires some proper application, generally with a brush. This stuff I literally pump onto my fingertips, blend in and that is it. No setting with powder or spraying with setting spray, and I don't even use concealer. So weird. The first time I put it on I was like "well that did nothing". Literally a minute later it looked like I had concealed and set my face. "One and done" sounds like the gimmicky-est name ever, but they actually did it. I'm shocked/impressed/thrilled.

For reference I am dry/dehydrated (so, dry patches, oily patches, a general party up in here) w/rosacea, yay, and nose pores you can back a truck into.
I. Don't. Need. Pore filler. With this. *confetti emoji*

My best match is Vapour foundation stick 090, I wear Ivory in Tarte's Amazonian Clay BB cream, Fair in IT Cosmetics CC cream, and Laneige BB cushion in Porcelain is also a good match. In this I wear Light, of course, which I thought was going to be too dark and is not, possibly because it's somehow...sheer but with coverage and I....know how stupid that sounds. I hope this doesn't do me wrong in the winter, but I do use SPF like a boss so I don't think my skin-tone varies much if at all. (side note, I slapped SPF over this the other day & it looked great)

This product isn't getting any love on YouTube so it will probably get discontinued and I will cry. But if you're perpetually late/lazy you should try this before it's gone!

on 7/20/2018 1:10:00 PM

My everyday foundation for a nice neutral, "no-makeup" look. It's coverage is buildable if I need more coverage. I sometimes mix with a little moisturizer and use under a heavier foundation like a primer on days I wear more makeup.
The CONS I have are not necessarily about the product itself, but the price and packaging. It's pricey for the amount of product. The packaging isn't good, more so evident when you get to the end of th tube. Other than that, it's a great product and I will continue to repurchase!

on 5/14/2018 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have a small sample that I got and the consistency is great, the coverage is higher than light but not medium, is great for everyday because it also has SPF20, the shade light medium is exactly the color of my skin, I DO LIKE THIS PRODUCT BUT... I think I won't buy the full size because is too expensive for what it is IN MY OPINION. It's to much product for the amount you need to use to cover up all your face, so it will expire before you even use half of the product, even more if you won't use it everyday, like me.
The shade range is limited but that happens in most of the BB Creams in the market so is not a big deal.
For sure you can get a BB Cream in the drugstore that you will love without spending a lot of money.

on 4/23/2018 7:19:00 AM

This product looks pretty good on my sensitive, fair skin (Mac nw25), in a very small amount it makes my skin look soft and natural. I applied just a pump with my hands and it was enough for my whole face, and another pump for my neck. But after one week of use it broke me out TERRIBLY. Got bumps and milia in places that i never had a breakout before. Not sure which ingredient gave me the bumps but definetly recommend to be sure not to be allergic before you buy it. The only good thing: the packaging.

on 4/12/2018 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

This is a joke in a tube! Lol like the color shade sucks. It’s either too dark or too light. It goes on insanely matte. Like looking like a paper bag. Grainy! (I have really oily skin btw) and then a couple hours later, it just breaks down completely and gets super greasy. I’m confused and I hate it.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

One of the best BB creams that I have ever tried! It goes on evenly and smoothly, and does a great job of leveling out my flaws without masking everything. Coverage is light and not really buildable, but if I wanted more than light coverage, I wouldn't be turning to a BB cream. The finish is very natural: satiny, not greasy. It doesn't require any powder afterwards, and it last for a good 8 hours at least. It does tend to be a bit drying, so I have to make sure I'm well-moisturized before I apply it. The SPF is nice, but I never rely on any BB cream or foundation as my sole sun protection. Fortunately, this plays well with real sunscreens without pilling or patching. It's pricey but worth it...it's a repeat purchase for me, in fact.

As far as the shade range goes, I'm currently between UD Naked Skin 2.0 and 3.0, so Light is a great fit for me. The shade's undertone is little more neutral than my undertone actually is, but it blends out pretty well. Light is supposed to cover the shade range 0.5-3, but I think users of the foundation shades lower than 2.0 are going to find Light a little too dark for them.