Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done

3.2

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

At 56, I've been on the hunt for a tinted moisturizer that provides a bit of color, evens out skin tone, and actually moisturizes. Because I haven't had much luck in the past, I went into Ulta recently looking, yet again, for a tinted moisturizer that would do the job I need it to. I asked the sales rep for a tinted moisturizer (NOT a foundation) that wasn't shiny. I don't want the reflective particles as they only serve to highlight aging skin on me. She recommended Urban Decay Naked Skin in Medium. I made the purchase ($36), took it home with high hopes, but ultimately was disappointed. The pump applicator doesn't dispense as easily as I had hoped and is actually rather messy. The color seems to oxidize on me (or maybe that's just the shade?) and my skin took on an orange tinge. I didn't find it moisturizing (felt I needed to use a primer and moisturizer underneath). In other words, this was really a foundation. I don't feel it was worth the price, don't like the feel of it on my skin, and plan to return it to Ulta.

AFTERTHOUGHT: A few days later I tried again and have found my HG. TheBalm "Balm Shelter" sold at Kohl's was $25, as opposed to Urban Decay's $36, AND I got it on sale. The tube is large, the feel of it perfect on my skin. This large tube has plenty of product, is highly moisturizing, evens tone, and isn't sparkly or shiny. The dewy, moisturized look I was after was achieved with this product. I'm actually going back to the store to get another tube while it's on sale.

on 5/14/2018 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have a small sample that I got and the consistency is great, the coverage is higher than light but not medium, is great for everyday because it also has SPF20, the shade light medium is exactly the color of my skin, I DO LIKE THIS PRODUCT BUT... I think I won't buy the full size because is too expensive for what it is IN MY OPINION. It's to much product for the amount you need to use to cover up all your face, so it will expire before you even use half of the product, even more if you won't use it everyday, like me.
The shade range is limited but that happens in most of the BB Creams in the market so is not a big deal.
For sure you can get a BB Cream in the drugstore that you will love without spending a lot of money.

on 6/5/2017 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I'm the kind of person who loves sheer/light coverage because its humid where I live and because I don't need to much coverage to being with. So this baby fits the bill perfectly. It's lightweight and does a great job to even out my complexion and blurring minor imperfections. I think it works best if you're going for an every day all natural look. I love that it comes with SPF because it means I can skip a step, I just wish it was higher (it's only SPF 20). I mostly apply using a Beauty Blender but using your fingers works well too (great when you're in a hurry or packing light like for beach holiday). Just remember to blend in fast because it sets rather quickly . The shade Medium is a good match (for ref, I'm UD Naked 5.0/Nars Sheer Glow Stromboli/St Moritz TM). I have dry skin and I find that this is not moisturizing enough to use on its own. However, it lasts throughout the day and I get minimal or hardly any shine (though I do top up with a dusting of loose powder around the T-zone).

It's loaded with peptides and vitamins which is a bonus but can't say I've noticed significant radiance or firmer feeling skin (as it claims on the box). That aside it's still a great product and one I'd definitely revisit.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I cannot justify shelling out this kind of cash again for a glorified tinted moisturizer :/ it works well, but I can get the same light coverage from a drugstore brand. I will use it up because I spent so much on it, but I hardly look at it as a "one and done" product, if you have blemishes or redness this won't cover it at all. It's good for good skin days only!

Pros: Has a blurring effect, dry finish that is flattering for oily skin, doesn't break me out
Cons: Hardly any coverage, can draw attention to dry patches, I can't use this product by itself most days because I need more coverage

on 12/30/2016 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is nice for light, natural looking coverage (like your skin but better). Holds up well even with my oily skin. EDIT: While I still like this, it breaks me out.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Pros:
-It isn't oily at all
-the colour range is really good
-I have medium light and it blends beautifully, it is easy to work with this "bb" cream

Cos:
-the coverage isn't that great I mean it's not bad but it could be improved.