Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done

3.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 7/21/2018 9:57:00 AM

You know how you buy something sometimes but you don't actually expect to like it? Or not, maybe I'm just weird, but I kind of thought I would be returning this instead of loving it.

What I wanted: something I could literally slap on with my fingers before running out the door in the morning because I am Forever Late To Work.
What I got: exactly that. I did not see that coming.

Cushion foundations don't last the day for me & require some finesse on my part due to enlarged pores and dry patches. Tinted moisturizers either offer no coverage, or are foundations that are poorly named. When I said I needed fast, I meant it. No liquids, and even my favorite stick foundation requires some proper application, generally with a brush. This stuff I literally pump onto my fingertips, blend in and that is it. No setting with powder or spraying with setting spray, and I don't even use concealer. So weird. The first time I put it on I was like "well that did nothing". Literally a minute later it looked like I had concealed and set my face. "One and done" sounds like the gimmicky-est name ever, but they actually did it. I'm shocked/impressed/thrilled.

For reference I am dry/dehydrated (so, dry patches, oily patches, a general party up in here) w/rosacea, yay, and nose pores you can back a truck into.
I. Don't. Need. Pore filler. With this. *confetti emoji*

My best match is Vapour foundation stick 090, I wear Ivory in Tarte's Amazonian Clay BB cream, Fair in IT Cosmetics CC cream, and Laneige BB cushion in Porcelain is also a good match. In this I wear Light, of course, which I thought was going to be too dark and is not, possibly because it's somehow...sheer but with coverage and I....know how stupid that sounds. I hope this doesn't do me wrong in the winter, but I do use SPF like a boss so I don't think my skin-tone varies much if at all. (side note, I slapped SPF over this the other day & it looked great)

This product isn't getting any love on YouTube so it will probably get discontinued and I will cry. But if you're perpetually late/lazy you should try this before it's gone!

on 7/20/2018 1:10:00 PM

My everyday foundation for a nice neutral, "no-makeup" look. It's coverage is buildable if I need more coverage. I sometimes mix with a little moisturizer and use under a heavier foundation like a primer on days I wear more makeup.
The CONS I have are not necessarily about the product itself, but the price and packaging. It's pricey for the amount of product. The packaging isn't good, more so evident when you get to the end of th tube. Other than that, it's a great product and I will continue to repurchase!

on 4/12/2018 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

This is a joke in a tube! Lol like the color shade sucks. It’s either too dark or too light. It goes on insanely matte. Like looking like a paper bag. Grainy! (I have really oily skin btw) and then a couple hours later, it just breaks down completely and gets super greasy. I’m confused and I hate it.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

One of the best BB creams that I have ever tried! It goes on evenly and smoothly, and does a great job of leveling out my flaws without masking everything. Coverage is light and not really buildable, but if I wanted more than light coverage, I wouldn't be turning to a BB cream. The finish is very natural: satiny, not greasy. It doesn't require any powder afterwards, and it last for a good 8 hours at least. It does tend to be a bit drying, so I have to make sure I'm well-moisturized before I apply it. The SPF is nice, but I never rely on any BB cream or foundation as my sole sun protection. Fortunately, this plays well with real sunscreens without pilling or patching. It's pricey but worth it...it's a repeat purchase for me, in fact.

As far as the shade range goes, I'm currently between UD Naked Skin 2.0 and 3.0, so Light is a great fit for me. The shade's undertone is little more neutral than my undertone actually is, but it blends out pretty well. Light is supposed to cover the shade range 0.5-3, but I think users of the foundation shades lower than 2.0 are going to find Light a little too dark for them.

on 7/6/2017 2:25:00 PM

The colour Light is not really light. It looks very orange when you pump it out onto your hand. It only fits me when I have a little bit of a tan. It does blend out fairly well, and i would like it much better if i could use it all year round. I'm only tan for three months, so it's not really worth it.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

SELECTED SHADE: medium dark (NC37/40 for reference)
SKIN TYPE: combination
METHOD OF APPLICATION: sponge

PROS

- demi matte finish
- easy to apply
- blurs imperfections
- lightweight
- light to medium coverage

CONS

- longevity (although its not stated to be long wearing)
- packaging (pump doesn't work too well)
- settles into fine lines

COMMENTS: Love the finish of this, though I find myself having to dispense quite a bit of product to cover my face. The consistency is on the thicker side. You can get a solid medium coverage with this. You’ll definitely need a good setting spray, as the longevity is quite poor and will start fading considerably after a few hours. It will settle into fine lines and the pump isn’t the best. Its not a terrible product, nor is it the best. I just don’t think it’s worth the price in the end.

Will not repurchase.

on 2/23/2017 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I like this a lot--it's one of the few sheer coverage products that works with my oily skin. I apply with my fingers over a primer (currently Estee Lauder Matte Perfecting Primer), and then set with powder. It does leave a weird white residue on my fingers even when I use it with other primers, but it applies smoothly to my face and doesn't pill or do anything strange. I get 8 good hours from it, and looks fine but a little greasy after that. It doesn't fade or turn orange. I don't touch up during the day.

Color selection is okay. I'm ~NC25 and find the medium-light to be slightly dark, but easy to adjust with a drop of white mixer or sunscreen. Light is a little too pink for me.

Coverage is exactly what I'm looking for--it perks up my clear skin without looking super made up. I generally find that tinted moisturizers and BB/CC-whatevers provide more coverage than I need. I assume you could build it up a little too, or put a powder with some color down over it if you want more coverage.

Price is in line with similar mid-range products.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

If you are someone who likes tinted moisturizers and that airy, breathable type foundation, then this is for you. Do not expect much coverage as this is quite sheer. Many people claim it's "your skin but better" and I agree. It is lovely on the skin and there is a subtle glow. I tried the Medium shade and for reference I am typically a NC35. The shade was a good match albeit a tad on the orange side but nothing too noticeable. Texture-wise, it's very fluid but it glides on the skin beautifully. I would recommend some type of moisturizer underneath though. I do not find the One and Done moisturizing on its own. OK, seriously, the person who came up with this packaging needs to be replaced. Here's a tip, upon opening item at home for the first time, shake and squeeze the bottom as you dispense the pump. And hold the product downwards. It works better than just pumping it like 30 times before anything comes out. Ok, so moving on, I find that after a few hours, my skin does look a bit shiny on t-zone and cheeks. It's not a pretty look. I also feel that some of the makeup has come off. This is definitely not non-transfer. It comes off very easily, which would be a PRO when it comes to washing it off at nights. But I really did not enjoy overly sheen look. Also, after a few uses, I did find some minor breakouts. All in all, not a bad product. It's nice for those seeking something light and already have good skin. This did not help with hiding my acne scars. It is good for evening out skin tone and giving it a nice glow.

on 12/30/2016 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have this in medium light. I find it dries quickly and you must blend fast. The finish is nice, not matte and not too dewy either. It always looks orange and obvious on me. There is an obvious line where the makeup meets my skin. Despite that it is only light coverage. It does not suit lighter olive tones. The medium dark looks like it would have the right undertone for olive skin. But that is too dark for me.

I'm a fan of UD naked line so i wanted to give this a try since I don't like heavy foundations. I really like it, I love the fact that they offer a wider range of shades then most bb creams. I'm a medium but find most companies are either too light or too dark, i like that they offer medium light, medium and medium dark. Medium is perfect on my skin, it blend right in and it has a luminous finish which makes your skin glows. It lasts all day on my skin. i have a somewhat of a combo skin type. I just put a some powder on my oily spots and I'm good all day. The coverage is good, it's light to medium and if you have good skin I think it will be adequate. It's pricey but it was worth it.