Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done

3.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 7/6/2017 2:25:00 PM

The colour Light is not really light. It looks very orange when you pump it out onto your hand. It only fits me when I have a little bit of a tan. It does blend out fairly well, and i would like it much better if i could use it all year round. I'm only tan for three months, so it's not really worth it.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

SELECTED SHADE: medium dark (NC37/40 for reference)
SKIN TYPE: combination
METHOD OF APPLICATION: sponge

PROS

- demi matte finish
- easy to apply
- blurs imperfections
- lightweight

CONS

- longevity (although its not stated to be long wearing)
- packaging (pump doesn't work too well)

COMMENTS: Great foundation for summer use IF you mix this with a little bit of powder. On its own, I found my blush/bronzer fading and it made me very oily after a few hours. However, if I mix some translucent loose powder I don't have these issues (still get oily, but nowhere near as bad - totally normal). Do keep it mind it will thicken the consistency to the point where it can be harder to blend, but use less if that's an issue. I also get some legit coverage from doing this. No, you don't have to use their Velvetizer for this method. Try it with a powder you have now. I can probably get away with wearing this alone during the winter months, but this minor adjustment has this working so well for me in this heat.

Will repurchase.

on 2/23/2017 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I like this a lot--it's one of the few sheer coverage products that works with my oily skin. I apply with my fingers over a primer (currently Estee Lauder Matte Perfecting Primer), and then set with powder. It does leave a weird white residue on my fingers even when I use it with other primers, but it applies smoothly to my face and doesn't pill or do anything strange. I get 8 good hours from it, and looks fine but a little greasy after that. It doesn't fade or turn orange. I don't touch up during the day.

Color selection is okay. I'm ~NC25 and find the medium-light to be slightly dark, but easy to adjust with a drop of white mixer or sunscreen. Light is a little too pink for me.

Coverage is exactly what I'm looking for--it perks up my clear skin without looking super made up. I generally find that tinted moisturizers and BB/CC-whatevers provide more coverage than I need. I assume you could build it up a little too, or put a powder with some color down over it if you want more coverage.

Price is in line with similar mid-range products.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

If you are someone who likes tinted moisturizers and that airy, breathable type foundation, then this is for you. Do not expect much coverage as this is quite sheer. Many people claim it's "your skin but better" and I agree. It is lovely on the skin and there is a subtle glow. I tried the Medium shade and for reference I am typically a NC35. The shade was a good match albeit a tad on the orange side but nothing too noticeable. Texture-wise, it's very fluid but it glides on the skin beautifully. I would recommend some type of moisturizer underneath though. I do not find the One and Done moisturizing on its own. OK, seriously, the person who came up with this packaging needs to be replaced. Here's a tip, upon opening item at home for the first time, shake and squeeze the bottom as you dispense the pump. And hold the product downwards. It works better than just pumping it like 30 times before anything comes out. Ok, so moving on, I find that after a few hours, my skin does look a bit shiny on t-zone and cheeks. It's not a pretty look. I also feel that some of the makeup has come off. This is definitely not non-transfer. It comes off very easily, which would be a PRO when it comes to washing it off at nights. But I really did not enjoy overly sheen look. Also, after a few uses, I did find some minor breakouts. All in all, not a bad product. It's nice for those seeking something light and already have good skin. This did not help with hiding my acne scars. It is good for evening out skin tone and giving it a nice glow.

on 12/30/2016 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have this in medium light. I find it dries quickly and you must blend fast. The finish is nice, not matte and not too dewy either. It always looks orange and obvious on me. There is an obvious line where the makeup meets my skin. Despite that it is only light coverage. It does not suit lighter olive tones. The medium dark looks like it would have the right undertone for olive skin. But that is too dark for me.

I'm a fan of UD naked line so i wanted to give this a try since I don't like heavy foundations. I really like it, I love the fact that they offer a wider range of shades then most bb creams. I'm a medium but find most companies are either too light or too dark, i like that they offer medium light, medium and medium dark. Medium is perfect on my skin, it blend right in and it has a luminous finish which makes your skin glows. It lasts all day on my skin. i have a somewhat of a combo skin type. I just put a some powder on my oily spots and I'm good all day. The coverage is good, it's light to medium and if you have good skin I think it will be adequate. It's pricey but it was worth it.

on 7/26/2016 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really love this. Most BB creams or tinted moisturizers are greasy with not enough coverage and don't last. This rectifies all of those issues and has a good SPF 30. I wear Medium on my NC30 skintone. I also love the packaging which is a tube with a pump. Great product.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I was so glad when I got a sample of the product to try when I visited the UD booth. She gave me LIGHT. I wasnt so sure as to whether that colour would be good for me as I am not fair/light, yes a bit light medium in the winter & tan in the summer. But when I mix it with the UD foundation, it gives a good texture, colour and staying power. I have to admit that I dont like the UD foundation, it oxides on me! It has like 5-6 staying powers! When it oxides in a real light, my face looks darker than my neck! But when I go into the store, the lightning is different so one cannot see the different colour! urghhhh.... it irritates me. I wanted to get 1 - 2 colour lighter but I rather use my money on getting a new foundation than getting the same brand until I discovered the BB cream.
Its not buidable but a good base. It blends well with other foundation too. The BB cream lighten my UD foundation, so its perfect.
I loved wearing BB cream in the summer, something light, some coverage ( I still wear a concealer on top) and not heavy on th face :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is ideal if you're looking for something very sheer and to even out skintone only - it looks very natural. This is definitely "no-makeup" makeup. This doesn't provide enough coverage for blemishes or undereye circles. I have combination skin that is easily dehydrated, and on me it has a satin/almost matte finish. However, I have only worn this so far in warmer months - I suspect in the winter it may be too drying. It hasn't clung to dry patches and I haven't noticed much separation in my oily areas. I've also found that with my skin at least, it cooperates better with a creamier primer vs a drier, silicone primer. It wears on me for about 8 hours.

UD makes many extravagant claims about this product that of course are hard to swallow - first and foremost, this is makeup, not skincare.

I'm NC25-NC30; Punjab in NARS Sheer Glow; 4.0 in UD Naked Skin; 21 in Diorskin Star; Light-Medium in Tarte Amazonian Clay TM. I bought this in Light-Medium as well, and it's a hair too light, but definitely workable.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been trying very hard to love this but I really think it's not meant to be. For the record, my skin is pretty weird; dehydrated, with a dry t-zone from acne medication that gets oily/sweaty pretty easily in the crazy-humid and hot climate here. My skin is also sensitive. I'm a light-medium warm leaning neutral, and Medium-Light was a great shade match. Medium was very orange on me.

Pros:
- Didn't break me out for the 2 days I used it.
- Pore-blurring was effective, especially on my enlarged pores along my nose and the side of it near my cheeks.
- The concept of the packaging was nice, and looked the price.
- Coverage was ok, with a little oil control.

Cons:
- Did not play well with dryness on my nose. Emphasised flakes, even after exfoliation.
- Poor dispenser took many pumps to dispense the product, just wasn't consistent
- For a tinted moisturiser aimed at getting you summer-ready, the low SPF20 doesn't really make it a one and done deal. You probably need a real sunscreen to augment it.
- Unusual smell, very paint-like. Smells exactly like Snazaroo's Clown White face paint. Goes away after a while though.

My opinion: I've tried better tinted moisturisers (DayWear Anti-Oxidant Beauty Benefit BB Creme SPF 35, Ettusais Mineral BB Cream) and would have returned it if I could.