Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done

3.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is a decent tinted moisturizer. However, I don't see this as anything beyond a tinted moisturizer. The claim One and Done? I don't agree with that claim. Here is why. First of all, it does have SPF20 which is a good thing. But, most base products now on the market already have an SPF in it. This is not a brand new concept. Secondly, if you are someone with very oily skin like me, you will still need to apply a primer before this product as well as setting this with powder. Lastly, if you are someone with moderate to severe dark circles, active acne and/or acne scars like me, you will also need a to still apply your corrector and concealer. At this point, this isn't a "one and done" look. If you are someone with normal to dry skin and pretty much already have nice skin, this will be a great product and the claim of this being "one and done" will be accurate.
The coverage is sheer. It will even out the skin and it will slightly cover red areas but I had to layer three times to completely cover the red in my cheeks. Even with three layers, I still needed concealer on top of it to cover my imperfections. To give an idea of the coverage if this, it is less coverage than the following tinted moisturizers: Dior, Bobbi Brown, Smashbox, Nars, Buxom and Stila.
As for the shades, they all seem to run warm. Six shades are offered in this product. Light, Medium-Light, Medium, Medium-Dark, Dark and Deep. If you already use Naked Skin, you will be able to easily find your shade. On the display, each shade has the complimentary Naked Skin shade numbers listed under the shade name. I swatched both Medium and Medium-Dark and Medium was a much better match. Medium's Naked Skin color range is 4.5-6.0. I'm 6.0 in Naked Skin. Medium-Dark was too orange and dark and the Naked skin range is 6.5-8.0.
I typically stay away from tinted moisturizers because they tend to be too hydrating for my skin type. What I love about One and Done is that it will stay a satin/matte finish. It does have the exact finish as their Naked Skin foundation which I love. This is ideal for anyone that wants a light and fresh summer base product. Once my skin clears up, I will look forward in using this more often.

Ingredients:
Active: Octinoxate 7.5%, Zinc Oxide 3.4%.

Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Lauryl Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isononyl Isononanoate, Propylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polyglyceryl-2 Isostearate, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Propanediol, Isopropyl Myristate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Chloride, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Xanthan Gum, Silica, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Aspergillus Ferment, Evodia Rutaecarpa Fruit Extract, Isoceteth-10, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Ethoxydiglycol, Propylene Carbonate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, BHT, Sorbic Acid. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

on 4/19/2016 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have clear skin with uneven skin tone, with dry cheeks and under eye but oily forehead. This product works well for me, it evens out my skin tone and gives me a glowing complexion. However it doesn't cover much, it's very sheer, so I still use concealer under my eyes. It sets demi mat and I don't need to use powder. It was sold to me to use as a primer. I think it's good if you're not a foundation fan, like sheer coverage or for an everyday natural look.

on 4/12/2016 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've only worn this for about a week, so I'm still formulating my thoughts on this. Here's what I think so far:

- packaging is attractive and the pump is nice. It did take awhile to get the pump working (I kept pressing and pressing) but it's working fine now!

- formula is between creamy and liquidy. It applies nicely with fingers or a dense synthetic brush. Application can seem kind of patchy at first, but that goes away pretty quickly.

- coverage is light and somewhat buildable. If you're looking for coverage you should look elsewhere (or perhaps just treat this as a tinted primer), but if you're good with a light coverage that may still require a concealer, you might like this.

- finish is matte. On my combo skin this stays matte all day. I think if you're at either extreme for skin type (very dry or very oily) you may not care for this. It can feel a little bit tight on my dry areas, but it only clings to dry spots minimally. The best part of this is how well it reduces the appearance of pores--this gives me baby skin! Even though I said the finish is matte, it's almost luminous in that it gives that "soft focus" effect.

- longevity is good. I haven't had issues with this breaking up after a long day (8-10 hrs). I appreciate that this stuff lasts well!

- the shade range is kind of terrible. I got the lightest shade, but it's not a great match. Even though it is sheer coverage, it would be nice to be able to chose between different undertones..

- misc.: it's kind of challenging to remove completely. I haven't noticed that it's reduced the appearance of my pores in general. I like that it has spf but I will still wear sunscreen underneath when I'm outside.

on 2/15/2017 11:38:00 AM

I have a lot of the same feelings on this product as previous reviewers do - it is great if you want a light, blurring tinted moisturizer but it is expensive. I have dry, aging skin and this is a lightweight product that does not settle into any of my lines or dry patches and it dries down to a not too matte finish. It really just kind of slightly perfects skin and any darker spots on my skin still show thought but they look a little less sharp. This did not break me out (IT Cosmetics CC cream did) and feels very light on my skin. I don't like heavy foundations and they usually just make my pores/lines looks worse no matter what but this is a great product that allows me to get some coverage and it still looks like my skin but just better. Others have stated there are drugstore products that work just as well as this so the cost is not justified and I would love to know what those products are as this does seem over priced at $34 a tube. Also, the shade range is too limited at six tints. I will keep buying until I can find something else cheaper.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I've been using this for a week now so I think I have a good grasp on it.

Consistency: Very light. I spread it with my fingers. It's even lighter than a moisturizer and feels quite watery. It doesn't dry too quickly or too fast, so it's just perfect.

Coverage: Thin. Very thin coverage. It doesn't cover any of my hyperpigmented scars with one layer but can definitely hide them if I add more product on top of it. I usually have to put another concealer after a layer of One and Done. This is definitely not for people with blemishes and redness, but it does even out the skin tone very well.

Finished look: Not matte, but not dewy either. It literally looks like I'm not wearing any makeup. Even in the sun it looks like I just have flawless, even skin. I've never seen anything like this product before. Its natural finish is amazing. I have combination skin and it doesn't exacerbate my dry areas or my oily areas.

Lasting power: Looks great for around 6-8 hours, after that it starts to fade, but only slightly.

On skin: I have super sensitive, acne-prone skin, and this hasn't broken me out. Is it weird that my skin has actually improved after using this?

Packaging: Really handy and portable. Love the pump. I don't think it contains much though so I think I would have to keep repurchasing it. And I definitely will.

Final thoughts: My favorite makeup product at the moment. I've always wanted to wear a BB Cream/Foundation that's really light and natural and evens out my skin tone without breaking me out. This can definitely be used for an everyday thing. I hope Urban Decay never stops producing these!

on 4/8/2016 8:01:00 PM

Though it doesn't directly state it, this is really just a tinted moisturizer or BB cream. It has an SPF of 20 and comes in a tube with a pump. For $34, you receive 1.3 fluid onces of product. There are six shades total: light, medium-light, medium, medium-dark, dark, and deep. The tube itself is very attractive. It is metallic and the packaging is very practical. I find squeeze tubes to be a nuisance because they might get messy and waste product, but this well-designed tube has a pump, which is always a plus. When you first use it, it will take a few pumps to get the product out. I notice immediately how comfortable this feels on the skin. It just sinks in and feels like you are wearing nothing. Urban Decay claims that it has light-diffusing spheres in the formula, but I do not see or detect it on the face. Since it is a cream that is light, it will not provide full coverage. It is light coverage for sure, but that is nice if you want to look very natural or want something that requires just your hands for application. I just like to set this with my Rimmel Stay Matte powder and it prevents me from feeling or looking oily. This is something you can apply in a hurry for that natural skin look. I think it would be especially useful during the hot summer months for when you don't want that cakey and heavy feeling.

Some things to consider would be how pricey it is. For something not full coverage, you will be paying $34. It is also not going to be readily available at a drugstore. You have to go into a beauty retailer that sells high-end makeup in order to purchase this product, there really isn't much product in the tube either, but I use very little product every time. I do notice that this can also rub off. This can happen throughout the day or by touching your face, maybe blowing your nose.

I overall love this product. It is lightweight, effortless, minimal, natural, and pretty on the skin. My skin, but a little bit better.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've had this for awhile and have kept trying it out every once in awhile to see if I have any different results with it, but I've come to the conclusion that this just does not work for me whatsoever. I'm not one that likes full coverage to begin with so I thought this would be perfect me, especially on days that I don't feel like doing a whole foundation/concealer/powder routine. The reality is the coverage and formula of One And Done is just so bizarre that it's just not good at all.
The coverage is incredibly minimal and it doesn't cover redness at all. If you suffer from acne or redness around your nostrils etc. this isn't going to do a thing. The weird part is that even though it's extremely light coverage, it somehow still manages to look heavy on my skin. It patches, pools, and separates and makes my drier areas look like the freakin desert. It creases under my eyes, in my forehead, and between my brows and completely separates on my chin and nose. It patches so badly under my eyes on either side of my nose you'd think I've never exfoliated or used moisturizer in my life.
This definitely is NOT a "one and done" product for me. I realize that it works for some and maybe it's better suited for teen and early 20's skin, but for my 34 yr old skin it draws so much attention to flaws and texture that it's just not workable.
I have the shade Light and it does oxidize to shade with a really heavy yellow undertone on my skin. I have more neutral undertones that do lean more yellow than pink so the fact that this makes me look obviously more yellow is kind of a big deal.
I'm definitely not buying this again. It's way too expensive for how it performs.

on 7/24/2017 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

In my never ending quest for a suitable BB cream / foundation with SPF, I came to this one. I have a love/hate relationship with Urban Decay, specially foundations because they are too drying, or too sticky (I tried them all). That being said, I really wanted to love this one, but I just can't. I know the coverage is light and being honest, I'm fine with that for daily use and going to work. But it literally starts to wear off in the first 2 or 3 hours, and my skin feels sticky and heavy. I really hate that feeling, even sealing with powder does not help for long. It also marks my expression lines even though I constantly try to "clean" them. I wanted a nice BB Cream for everyday use but It's just not right for me and my oily skin with dry patches.

on 4/17/2016 9:11:00 PM

im loving how this feels on my skin, its not heavy and gives decent coverage for a bb cream. it doesn't make my skin oily and it doesn't accentuate my dry patches either. i think that it should have a higher spf if its marketed as a "one and done" bc especially summer approaching, spf 20 is nowhere near enough, (i like to have spf 50 in my face products). there needs to be more shade selections for those who are super pale and more deep skin tones. im fortunate that the medium light shade matches me fine right now, but i might need to buy medium when i am tan

on 2/26/2017 3:51:00 AM

I was at Ulta checking out the Nars TM and the UD rep asked to show me this product. And while the color she chose, medium light, was perfect, that's about the only good thing about this product. It slides off my face about 2 hours after applying it, both with & without using a primer. It provides some coverage but fades in about an hour, & as stated above, gone in 2 hours. My face got shiny too quickly and when I removed it at the end of the day there was practically no product to remove.
I wasn't expecting full coverage as it is advertised as a BB cream, and I wanted to use it on the days I didn't want to deal with foundation, but it just doesn't work for me. I have combo oily skin and told the salesperson this before trying it but she said it would work on my skin type.
This product is going back to the store. I have used it a total of 3 times and won't attempt a fourth. I'll take my refund and go to Sephora and try Nars Velvet Matte TM instead as the Nars Radiant TM looks like the same coverage- too glowy and greasy.