Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done

Filtered by hair type : Other
Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 10/6/2017 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I went into Ulta with the intention of buying Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue. I needed a TM for the cooler months with sunscreen and like that formula. Urban Decay was having a sale event at the front of the store and one of their reps offered to color match me for this instead. The gel like formula is similar in that it gives a radiant finish and light coverage. This dries down a bit more satin than the dewy CR and is less emollient so it's easier to build up and set for medium coverage. I have some melasma from a recent pregnancy and some redness and it evened things out pretty well and feels great on the skin. It's not gonna cover completely but I'm not trying to look like a mannequin just polished and evened out. So far this doesn't cake, settle or move around. I did set with powder in my oily t-zone and its lasted 10 hours until I washed it off. The Spf is a 20 with both a physical and chemical sunscreen for broad spectrum protection. I react pretty quickly to some chemical sunscreens like avobenzene usually within 20 minutes my face starts to burn and itch but so far so good with this one.

The con for me is the extremely limited color range with no neutrals. I was matched to light-medium and if the coverage was any heavier I wouldn't be able to wear this when I havent had any sun. I'm usually a medium neutral in other brands but this shade has a lot of yellow. It works but a more neutral shade would have been better. Because it's not an opaque formula it's pretty forgiving but there is nothing here for those with very fair, olive or neutral skin tones. I was surprised by that since UD has a decent range of colors in their foundation. A few more would be great here. Great finish and formula but crappy color selection.

on 12/3/2016 7:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been using this foundation now for quite sometime, and even though I try out a lot of different foundations, I gravitate back to this one over and over. And over time, I have to admit somewhat reluctantly that this really is a very good foundation for my particular skin situation. I never thought this product would be the one for me, since marketiwise I supposed it is trying to target more of a younger audience. But if your skin type is somewhat like mine, chances are you would like it too...:)

My skin for reference is mature, approaching the fifty's and my skintype is dry, which means it is easily dehydrated and cannot keep the skins surface moisturised by itself. Pores are slightly enlarged due to age and genetics and my skin is also sensitive and prone to redness/mild rosacea.

Finding a good foundation for skin like mine is a bit tricky, Full coverage highly pigmented foundations tend to emphasise imperfections and pores, and too little coverage tinted moisturisers don't even out the skin tone enough.

This product is somewhat of a hybrid. It is not a full coverage or even buildable foundation. Rather it has a light to light medium coverage. It is not too sheer like most tinted moisturisers, but not comparable to regular foundations either. Instead this rather works by cleverly chosen pigments combined with blurring agents that manages to even out skin tone and diffuse imperfections without masking the skin. I have never come across a formulations like this before, so it is not easy to compare to other products. This is quite unique and I think therefore an unexpected target audience for this might just be ladies like myself with dry or dry/mature skin that needs a bit of evening out but not by covering/masking but through blurring making the result very skin like. It will not however be able to even out very uneven skin tone or completely mask out heavy pigmentation discolouration. But it will even out rosieness and mild uneven pigmentation by blurring and diffusing. It smooths over pores and does not settle into them and does not despite its shorter texture emphasise texture on me, which I find to be a small miracle...:)
Due to this a wide shade range is not needed since this morphes with your skin tone rather than covering it. Undertones don't matter as much then either. Most of the colours in the range pull towards the warm spectrum, but still works well with my skin tone that pulls more towards the cool/neutral side. Some reviewers have felt this oxidises. I have not experienced oxidisation on me and tested it also while writing this review on my hand with no noticeable change in colour. Oxidisation can occur in combo with skincare products but some foundations oxidise always. I don't find this to do so.

The finish is not dewy, rather a matte slightely satiny finish that is very flattering on my skin, and also helps with longevity and lessens the need for powder. I have loved it during the summer months and have ordered a lighter colour now for winter. That hardly happens for me. It allows well for mixing with other products too. I sometimes mix it with a luminous product when my skin feels particularly dull. And it works great too. It wears really well throughout the day and does not break up in areas rather melts slowly away leaving the skin looking more like my skin but better throughout the day. The result is natural or naturally perfected but not flawless.

Application is a breeze it is not too slippy in texture, rather a "shorter consistency" and personally I apply this with my fingers that helps the product melt into place with ease. With surface dry mature skin that is my preferred method of application, since brushes tend to exaggerate my redness and dry patches/texture and damp beautyblenders tend to draw moisture off my skin since water can be quite drying on my skintype and with this particular product it also sheeres out the coverage and lessens the blurring/diffusing effect imo.

The package is great, the tube keeps the product sanitary and prolongs the antioxidants. You have to squeeze it a bit in the beginning to help the pump to work by getting any air out that might block the pump action. But once that is done the pump works very well and you can adjust the amount that comes out quite well for a pump product.

It comes with an SPF of 20 that is a mixture of mineral and chemical sunscreen. Personally I could do without SPF in this product. (I don't believe much in layering SPF and I think those compounds usually make foundations less perfectly working). I am not however bothered by this particular SPF content. But those of you who dislike chemical sunscreens or those of you who find mineral sunscreens irritating should be aware that there is quite a bit of sunscreen in this product.

Who do I think will not like this product?
-Those of you who have very fair skin. The lightest shade is not porcelain enough, I assume.
-Those of you who have quite a bit of uneven skin tone and/or major texture issues.
-Unsure, but very oily skintypes may find this more sheer than I do with my dry and dehydrated skin.
-Those of you who really dislike applying foundation with your fingers
-Those of you who want full coverage and feel more comfortable with covering imperfections rather than evening them out and want a completely flawless finish.

Who might like this product:
-Those of you who have a similar skin type like me. Mature, dry, dehydrated with some unevenness, some sensitivity/redness, some textural issues and pores that blurs more effectively by plumping them out rather than masking them or covering them with silicone primers and heavier pigmented products.
- Those who look for a light to light medium coverage, one step up from tinted moisturiser but not full on foundation or bb cream and want a more natural skin like result where some imperfections may show through.
-Those who spend most of their time in daylight outdoor li

on 10/5/2016 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a very interesting BB/TM/foundation. The idea that I could use one product and I'd be done, made me really want to like this.

The consistency is a light liquid formula, that has some kind of powdery texture to it. When I apply this, it's usually over moisturiser and primer. On the skin, it sinks in quickly, with a matte finish. The feel of the product is great but the look not so much. I apply two layers and don't really get much coverage. When using my hands I've noticed this white film attach to my fingers. Not too sure what that is. Love the packaging and the cost per gram is the same as my NARS TM.

The actual product does help diffuse pore size for me but overall I can't use this as a primer, as it looses the whole purpose of being one and done.

If you like sheer coverage and a matte finish, I think you might like this.

on 9/14/2016 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

I don't understand people's confusion about this product. Urban Decay, to my knowledge, has never said that this is a *foundation*, yet many people claim that it doesn't cover enough, etc. If you have generally good skin that maybe needs a little evening out or has very slight imperfections, and you like a natural makeup look, this product is perfect. It makes the skin look like your skin but better. I am NW35 in the summer and NC44 in cooler months and the Dark color in this product is perfect for me. The only thing I'm not digging about this is the price. Other than that, I think it's wonderful.

A new gem! In a world where every new beauty product feels more gimmicky than the last, this is a winner.

Texture and coverage:
This product is something between a BB cream and a foundation, with a built in pore perfecting primer quality too. The finish is flawless, a light to medium coverage. Best applied with a dense fluffy brush or beauty blender (I prefer brush for more coverage). It's weightless on the face but actually lasts through the day, especially with a light dusting of translucent powder in the T zone. I use concealer to correct obvious problem areas while keeping the rest of my face luminous and skin-like with this product. It has no obvious scent.

Packaging:
The simplicity of the packaging is genius. It's a plastic tube with a pump dispenser. The tube packaging means you can clumsily drop to your heart's content, and it is light and unbreakable so you can toss it in a handbag for easy transportation. The dispenser keeps things hygienic and mess-free. Bonus feature, you get slightly more product than a standard foundation (40ml compared to 30ml), which for the price of $52 (in Australia) for a higher end product is amazing.

Colour selection:
Although the selection of shades is not extensive, do not be fooled. The way this formula melts seamlessly into your skin and corrects complexion in a second-skin nature means that thousands of shades are not necessary.

Will definitely repurchase many more times!

on 6/25/2016 11:05:00 PM

This is a lot more matte than what I thought it would be. Like all the other reviews on here has indicated, its more pigmented than the Naked Foundation and the sunscreen is a nice addition. I prefer the finish of the naked foundation better since its not as harsh, this absorbs really quickly and leaves a dull finish so make sure you work quickly. The finish makes me look too flat and I think you can do better for the price. Its an acceptable product but nothing special and you are not missing by not trying it.

on 6/15/2016 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

UPDATE: I originally said that the coverage was too light for me to use as a foundation alone. Being summertime, I now have a little bit of a tan and this product works really nicely for a quick, light look. I can put it on along with just mascara and it's enough for something quick like a trip to the supermarket.

I should start by saying that I did not like this as a foundation alone - the coverage wasn't enough for me - but please please read on if you've got large pores or wrinkles. I promise it's worth it.

I had watched a YouTube video where the lady used it essentially as a primer. Just one pump and concentrated on the areas with large pores and wrinkles - MAGIC - and I have tried countless pore minimizing products, tricks, spells, rain dances ....

I got a sample at Sephora and gave it a try.

I put it on the areas with large pores, wrinkles, and any acne scars or little indentations; wait a couple of minutes and follow up with my Estee Lauder Double Wear light, applying that with more of a dabbing motion like with a beauty blender or nice brush and voila! Even topped over that with concealer on the undereye area and that sort of V below the eye alongside the nose, again working it in with a sort of dabbing/stippling motion - still no pores. Very light dusting of translucent powder to set before moving on to contouring, blush, etc. and it still looks amazing.

Absolutely amazing. Even hours later, even when you look at it in the car mirror (which can be downright terrifying - who hasn't done that and bolted back inside to start from scratch?), under different lighting, you name it. And it is not so heavy that you look like some caked-on, over-made, speckled Barbie wannabes. I find I'm ending up with a medium, flawless, smooth, and actually effortless look.

I'm just going to get a trial or travel size because you really don't use much and I don't want a big tube starting to dry or spoil, but I am seriously talking Holy Grail Pore Management here. I don't really care what it costs.

on 5/13/2016 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have never been a huge fan of tinted moisturisers/BB type products. I've oily, acne prone skin and I usually need a foundation for the coverage I need to hide my spots, however I am very pleasantly surprised by this product! It evens out my skin nicely and I just add a touch of concealer and powder and my skin looks great but still looks natural. It's great for days you don't want to do a full face of makeup but still want to look 'done'. Lasted really well for over 8 hours and no issues with getting shiny, which normally happens with my skin. Really like this product.

on 4/28/2016 10:38:00 PM

Packaging - has a pump which is fantastic.

Price - 34.00 on sephora.com

Thoughts: I used this for like a week or so and while I loved it in the beginning, not anymore. Coverage is EXTREMELY sheer and buildable but looks cakey on me if I add more than 2 layers. 34 bucks for sheer coverage is pretty steep as there are plenty of other good foundations that provide more coverage and are around the same price.

Also made me break out badly - I didn't have any issues with the previous foundation I was using but this one made me break out BAD.

Also shades are limited! Only 6 colors so I highly recommend going into sephora or something to test it out first before buying.

-------------------------------------
EDIT: I ended up going back to this one after I realized that the flakes were seborrheic dermatitis and I was using the wrong cleanser for them. PM me if you want more details.

Anyways, yes - the coverage is sheer but I think it's a gorgeous tinted moisturizer. It is expensive and if you're looking for a "dupe" I'd go with the bare minerals complexion rescue which is also gorgeous. This seems to be the only thing that I use that looks both good in real life and in the car - which is a damn pretty awesome thing. It does make my pores look smaller but beware people who get easily clogged pores from silicone primers - this follows somewhat a similar rule so can be clogging for the wrong person.

The package has a pump which is lovely but it will take a while to "get it running" because you have to pump the excess air out before the product will be pumped out.

tldr I change my mind I really like it. I'm shade nc25 and light-medium is a nice match. It is very forgiving though because it is so sheer.