Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done

3.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 12/3/2016 7:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been using this foundation now for quite sometime, and even though I try out a lot of different foundations, I gravitate back to this one over and over. And over time, I have to admit somewhat reluctantly that this really is a very good foundation for my particular skin situation. I never thought this product would be the one for me, since marketiwise I supposed it is trying to target more of a younger audience. But if your skin type is somewhat like mine, chances are you would like it too...:)

My skin for reference is mature, approaching the fifty's and my skintype is dry, which means it is easily dehydrated and cannot keep the skins surface moisturised by itself. Pores are slightly enlarged due to age and genetics and my skin is also sensitive and prone to redness/mild rosacea.

Finding a good foundation for skin like mine is a bit tricky, Full coverage highly pigmented foundations tend to emphasise imperfections and pores, and too little coverage tinted moisturisers don't even out the skin tone enough.

This product is somewhat of a hybrid. It is not a full coverage or even buildable foundation. Rather it has a light to light medium coverage. It is not too sheer like most tinted moisturisers, but not comparable to regular foundations either. Instead this rather works by cleverly chosen pigments combined with blurring agents that manages to even out skin tone and diffuse imperfections without masking the skin. I have never come across a formulations like this before, so it is not easy to compare to other products. This is quite unique and I think therefore an unexpected target audience for this might just be ladies like myself with dry or dry/mature skin that needs a bit of evening out but not by covering/masking but through blurring making the result very skin like. It will not however be able to even out very uneven skin tone or completely mask out heavy pigmentation discolouration. But it will even out rosieness and mild uneven pigmentation by blurring and diffusing. It smooths over pores and does not settle into them and does not despite its shorter texture emphasise texture on me, which I find to be a small miracle...:)
Due to this a wide shade range is not needed since this morphes with your skin tone rather than covering it. Undertones don't matter as much then either. Most of the colours in the range pull towards the warm spectrum, but still works well with my skin tone that pulls more towards the cool/neutral side. Some reviewers have felt this oxidises. I have not experienced oxidisation on me and tested it also while writing this review on my hand with no noticeable change in colour. Oxidisation can occur in combo with skincare products but some foundations oxidise always. I don't find this to do so.

The finish is not dewy, rather a matte slightely satiny finish that is very flattering on my skin, and also helps with longevity and lessens the need for powder. I have loved it during the summer months and have ordered a lighter colour now for winter. That hardly happens for me. It allows well for mixing with other products too. I sometimes mix it with a luminous product when my skin feels particularly dull. And it works great too. It wears really well throughout the day and does not break up in areas rather melts slowly away leaving the skin looking more like my skin but better throughout the day. The result is natural or naturally perfected but not flawless.

Application is a breeze it is not too slippy in texture, rather a "shorter consistency" and personally I apply this with my fingers that helps the product melt into place with ease. With surface dry mature skin that is my preferred method of application, since brushes tend to exaggerate my redness and dry patches/texture and damp beautyblenders tend to draw moisture off my skin since water can be quite drying on my skintype and with this particular product it also sheeres out the coverage and lessens the blurring/diffusing effect imo.

The package is great, the tube keeps the product sanitary and prolongs the antioxidants. You have to squeeze it a bit in the beginning to help the pump to work by getting any air out that might block the pump action. But once that is done the pump works very well and you can adjust the amount that comes out quite well for a pump product.

It comes with an SPF of 20 that is a mixture of mineral and chemical sunscreen. Personally I could do without SPF in this product. (I don't believe much in layering SPF and I think those compounds usually make foundations less perfectly working). I am not however bothered by this particular SPF content. But those of you who dislike chemical sunscreens or those of you who find mineral sunscreens irritating should be aware that there is quite a bit of sunscreen in this product.

Who do I think will not like this product?
-Those of you who have very fair skin. The lightest shade is not porcelain enough, I assume.
-Those of you who have quite a bit of uneven skin tone and/or major texture issues.
-Unsure, but very oily skintypes may find this more sheer than I do with my dry and dehydrated skin.
-Those of you who really dislike applying foundation with your fingers
-Those of you who want full coverage and feel more comfortable with covering imperfections rather than evening them out and want a completely flawless finish.

Who might like this product:
-Those of you who have a similar skin type like me. Mature, dry, dehydrated with some unevenness, some sensitivity/redness, some textural issues and pores that blurs more effectively by plumping them out rather than masking them or covering them with silicone primers and heavier pigmented products.
- Those who look for a light to light medium coverage, one step up from tinted moisturiser but not full on foundation or bb cream and want a more natural skin like result where some imperfections may show through.
-Those who spend most of their time in daylight outdoor li

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is ideal if you're looking for something very sheer and to even out skintone only - it looks very natural. This is definitely "no-makeup" makeup. This doesn't provide enough coverage for blemishes or undereye circles. I have combination skin that is easily dehydrated, and on me it has a satin/almost matte finish. However, I have only worn this so far in warmer months - I suspect in the winter it may be too drying. It hasn't clung to dry patches and I haven't noticed much separation in my oily areas. I've also found that with my skin at least, it cooperates better with a creamier primer vs a drier, silicone primer. It wears on me for about 8 hours.

UD makes many extravagant claims about this product that of course are hard to swallow - first and foremost, this is makeup, not skincare.

I'm NC25-NC30; Punjab in NARS Sheer Glow; 4.0 in UD Naked Skin; 21 in Diorskin Star; Light-Medium in Tarte Amazonian Clay TM. I bought this in Light-Medium as well, and it's a hair too light, but definitely workable.

on 4/12/2016 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've only worn this for about a week, so I'm still formulating my thoughts on this. Here's what I think so far:

- packaging is attractive and the pump is nice. It did take awhile to get the pump working (I kept pressing and pressing) but it's working fine now!

- formula is between creamy and liquidy. It applies nicely with fingers or a dense synthetic brush. Application can seem kind of patchy at first, but that goes away pretty quickly.

- coverage is light and somewhat buildable. If you're looking for coverage you should look elsewhere (or perhaps just treat this as a tinted primer), but if you're good with a light coverage that may still require a concealer, you might like this.

- finish is matte. On my combo skin this stays matte all day. I think if you're at either extreme for skin type (very dry or very oily) you may not care for this. It can feel a little bit tight on my dry areas, but it only clings to dry spots minimally. The best part of this is how well it reduces the appearance of pores--this gives me baby skin! Even though I said the finish is matte, it's almost luminous in that it gives that "soft focus" effect.

- longevity is good. I haven't had issues with this breaking up after a long day (8-10 hrs). I appreciate that this stuff lasts well!

- the shade range is kind of terrible. I got the lightest shade, but it's not a great match. Even though it is sheer coverage, it would be nice to be able to chose between different undertones..

- misc.: it's kind of challenging to remove completely. I haven't noticed that it's reduced the appearance of my pores in general. I like that it has spf but I will still wear sunscreen underneath when I'm outside.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

At 56, I've been on the hunt for a tinted moisturizer that provides a bit of color, evens out skin tone, and actually moisturizes. Because I haven't had much luck in the past, I went into Ulta recently looking, yet again, for a tinted moisturizer that would do the job I need it to. I asked the sales rep for a tinted moisturizer (NOT a foundation) that wasn't shiny. I don't want the reflective particles as they only serve to highlight aging skin on me. She recommended Urban Decay Naked Skin in Medium. I made the purchase ($36), took it home with high hopes, but ultimately was disappointed. The pump applicator doesn't dispense as easily as I had hoped and is actually rather messy. The color seems to oxidize on me (or maybe that's just the shade?) and my skin took on an orange tinge. I didn't find it moisturizing (felt I needed to use a primer and moisturizer underneath). In other words, this was really a foundation. I don't feel it was worth the price, don't like the feel of it on my skin, and plan to return it to Ulta.

AFTERTHOUGHT: A few days later I tried again and have found my HG. TheBalm "Balm Shelter" sold at Kohl's was $25, as opposed to Urban Decay's $36, AND I got it on sale. The tube is large, the feel of it perfect on my skin. This large tube has plenty of product, is highly moisturizing, evens tone, and isn't sparkly or shiny. The dewy, moisturized look I was after was achieved with this product. I'm actually going back to the store to get another tube while it's on sale.

on 5/13/2016 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have never been a huge fan of tinted moisturisers/BB type products. I've oily, acne prone skin and I usually need a foundation for the coverage I need to hide my spots, however I am very pleasantly surprised by this product! It evens out my skin nicely and I just add a touch of concealer and powder and my skin looks great but still looks natural. It's great for days you don't want to do a full face of makeup but still want to look 'done'. Lasted really well for over 8 hours and no issues with getting shiny, which normally happens with my skin. Really like this product.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This has an extremely light coverage. It does even things out a bit, but not enough to be called light-moderate coverage. Packaging is amazing, will keep the product sanitary. But this is going to be relegated to gym use because the coverage is close to non existent. In terms of coverage, let me create a continuum: one & done > too faced beauty balm > Missha perfect cover = MUFE F&B > Teint idole 24 = Nars Sheer Glow (I'm sure there are a thousand between MUFE FB and TI 24, these are just the products I use).

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been trying very hard to love this but I really think it's not meant to be. For the record, my skin is pretty weird; dehydrated, with a dry t-zone from acne medication that gets oily/sweaty pretty easily in the crazy-humid and hot climate here. My skin is also sensitive. I'm a light-medium warm leaning neutral, and Medium-Light was a great shade match. Medium was very orange on me.

Pros:
- Didn't break me out for the 2 days I used it.
- Pore-blurring was effective, especially on my enlarged pores along my nose and the side of it near my cheeks.
- The concept of the packaging was nice, and looked the price.
- Coverage was ok, with a little oil control.

Cons:
- Did not play well with dryness on my nose. Emphasised flakes, even after exfoliation.
- Poor dispenser took many pumps to dispense the product, just wasn't consistent
- For a tinted moisturiser aimed at getting you summer-ready, the low SPF20 doesn't really make it a one and done deal. You probably need a real sunscreen to augment it.
- Unusual smell, very paint-like. Smells exactly like Snazaroo's Clown White face paint. Goes away after a while though.

My opinion: I've tried better tinted moisturisers (DayWear Anti-Oxidant Beauty Benefit BB Creme SPF 35, Ettusais Mineral BB Cream) and would have returned it if I could.

on 7/20/2018 1:10:00 PM

My everyday foundation for a nice neutral, "no-makeup" look. It's coverage is buildable if I need more coverage. I sometimes mix with a little moisturizer and use under a heavier foundation like a primer on days I wear more makeup.
The CONS I have are not necessarily about the product itself, but the price and packaging. It's pricey for the amount of product. The packaging isn't good, more so evident when you get to the end of th tube. Other than that, it's a great product and I will continue to repurchase!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've had this for awhile and have kept trying it out every once in awhile to see if I have any different results with it, but I've come to the conclusion that this just does not work for me whatsoever. I'm not one that likes full coverage to begin with so I thought this would be perfect me, especially on days that I don't feel like doing a whole foundation/concealer/powder routine. The reality is the coverage and formula of One And Done is just so bizarre that it's just not good at all.
The coverage is incredibly minimal and it doesn't cover redness at all. If you suffer from acne or redness around your nostrils etc. this isn't going to do a thing. The weird part is that even though it's extremely light coverage, it somehow still manages to look heavy on my skin. It patches, pools, and separates and makes my drier areas look like the freakin desert. It creases under my eyes, in my forehead, and between my brows and completely separates on my chin and nose. It patches so badly under my eyes on either side of my nose you'd think I've never exfoliated or used moisturizer in my life.
This definitely is NOT a "one and done" product for me. I realize that it works for some and maybe it's better suited for teen and early 20's skin, but for my 34 yr old skin it draws so much attention to flaws and texture that it's just not workable.
I have the shade Light and it does oxidize to shade with a really heavy yellow undertone on my skin. I have more neutral undertones that do lean more yellow than pink so the fact that this makes me look obviously more yellow is kind of a big deal.
I'm definitely not buying this again. It's way too expensive for how it performs.

on 7/24/2017 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

In my never ending quest for a suitable BB cream / foundation with SPF, I came to this one. I have a love/hate relationship with Urban Decay, specially foundations because they are too drying, or too sticky (I tried them all). That being said, I really wanted to love this one, but I just can't. I know the coverage is light and being honest, I'm fine with that for daily use and going to work. But it literally starts to wear off in the first 2 or 3 hours, and my skin feels sticky and heavy. I really hate that feeling, even sealing with powder does not help for long. It also marks my expression lines even though I constantly try to "clean" them. I wanted a nice BB Cream for everyday use but It's just not right for me and my oily skin with dry patches.