Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done

3.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/16/2017 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

I actually never bought this. I went makeup free to Ulta to try it out. Tried it on. Loved the texture and ease of application but before I even hit the checkout it was dark orange. Horrible. This didn't seem to be oxidation, the Light color was orange and dark straight out of the tube. Too bad. Seemed like a product I would have liked. Wish they would come out with a fair shade that was neutral. If they did I would definitely try again!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've had this for awhile and have kept trying it out every once in awhile to see if I have any different results with it, but I've come to the conclusion that this just does not work for me whatsoever. I'm not one that likes full coverage to begin with so I thought this would be perfect me, especially on days that I don't feel like doing a whole foundation/concealer/powder routine. The reality is the coverage and formula of One And Done is just so bizarre that it's just not good at all.
The coverage is incredibly minimal and it doesn't cover redness at all. If you suffer from acne or redness around your nostrils etc. this isn't going to do a thing. The weird part is that even though it's extremely light coverage, it somehow still manages to look heavy on my skin. It patches, pools, and separates and makes my drier areas look like the freakin desert. It creases under my eyes, in my forehead, and between my brows and completely separates on my chin and nose. It patches so badly under my eyes on either side of my nose you'd think I've never exfoliated or used moisturizer in my life.
This definitely is NOT a "one and done" product for me. I realize that it works for some and maybe it's better suited for teen and early 20's skin, but for my 34 yr old skin it draws so much attention to flaws and texture that it's just not workable.
I have the shade Light and it does oxidize to shade with a really heavy yellow undertone on my skin. I have more neutral undertones that do lean more yellow than pink so the fact that this makes me look obviously more yellow is kind of a big deal.
I'm definitely not buying this again. It's way too expensive for how it performs.

on 7/24/2017 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

In my never ending quest for a suitable BB cream / foundation with SPF, I came to this one. I have a love/hate relationship with Urban Decay, specially foundations because they are too drying, or too sticky (I tried them all). That being said, I really wanted to love this one, but I just can't. I know the coverage is light and being honest, I'm fine with that for daily use and going to work. But it literally starts to wear off in the first 2 or 3 hours, and my skin feels sticky and heavy. I really hate that feeling, even sealing with powder does not help for long. It also marks my expression lines even though I constantly try to "clean" them. I wanted a nice BB Cream for everyday use but It's just not right for me and my oily skin with dry patches.

Just tried this and absolutely Love it. It goes on like a moisturizer and smoothes out my complexion. I have tried many other bb and cc creams and tinted moisturizers. This is what I have been looking for. Just the right amount of coverage. Looks natural. Skin looks smooth and healthy. Will definitely buy again.

I Love this Urban Decay Naked Skin one and done. It doesn't make my skin oily or too dry. It has a sheer coverage but it's enough to color correcting my skin. My skin looks brighter after using this product. And I would love to buy this again!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I cannot justify shelling out this kind of cash again for a glorified tinted moisturizer :/ it works well, but I can get the same light coverage from a drugstore brand. I will use it up because I spent so much on it, but I hardly look at it as a "one and done" product, if you have blemishes or redness this won't cover it at all. It's good for good skin days only!

Pros: Has a blurring effect, dry finish that is flattering for oily skin, doesn't break me out
Cons: Hardly any coverage, can draw attention to dry patches, I can't use this product by itself most days because I need more coverage

on 12/3/2016 7:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been using this foundation now for quite sometime, and even though I try out a lot of different foundations, I gravitate back to this one over and over. And over time, I have to admit somewhat reluctantly that this really is a very good foundation for my particular skin situation. I never thought this product would be the one for me, since marketiwise I supposed it is trying to target more of a younger audience. But if your skin type is somewhat like mine, chances are you would like it too...:)

My skin for reference is mature, approaching the fifty's and my skintype is dry, which means it is easily dehydrated and cannot keep the skins surface moisturised by itself. Pores are slightly enlarged due to age and genetics and my skin is also sensitive and prone to redness/mild rosacea.

Finding a good foundation for skin like mine is a bit tricky, Full coverage highly pigmented foundations tend to emphasise imperfections and pores, and too little coverage tinted moisturisers don't even out the skin tone enough.

This product is somewhat of a hybrid. It is not a full coverage or even buildable foundation. Rather it has a light to light medium coverage. It is not too sheer like most tinted moisturisers, but not comparable to regular foundations either. Instead this rather works by cleverly chosen pigments combined with blurring agents that manages to even out skin tone and diffuse imperfections without masking the skin. I have never come across a formulations like this before, so it is not easy to compare to other products. This is quite unique and I think therefore an unexpected target audience for this might just be ladies like myself with dry or dry/mature skin that needs a bit of evening out but not by covering/masking but through blurring making the result very skin like. It will not however be able to even out very uneven skin tone or completely mask out heavy pigmentation discolouration. But it will even out rosieness and mild uneven pigmentation by blurring and diffusing. It smooths over pores and does not settle into them and does not despite its shorter texture emphasise texture on me, which I find to be a small miracle...:)
Due to this a wide shade range is not needed since this morphes with your skin tone rather than covering it. Undertones don't matter as much then either. Most of the colours in the range pull towards the warm spectrum, but still works well with my skin tone that pulls more towards the cool/neutral side. Some reviewers have felt this oxidises. I have not experienced oxidisation on me and tested it also while writing this review on my hand with no noticeable change in colour. Oxidisation can occur in combo with skincare products but some foundations oxidise always. I don't find this to do so.

The finish is not dewy, rather a matte slightely satiny finish that is very flattering on my skin, and also helps with longevity and lessens the need for powder. I have loved it during the summer months and have ordered a lighter colour now for winter. That hardly happens for me. It allows well for mixing with other products too. I sometimes mix it with a luminous product when my skin feels particularly dull. And it works great too. It wears really well throughout the day and does not break up in areas rather melts slowly away leaving the skin looking more like my skin but better throughout the day. The result is natural or naturally perfected but not flawless.

Application is a breeze it is not too slippy in texture, rather a "shorter consistency" and personally I apply this with my fingers that helps the product melt into place with ease. With surface dry mature skin that is my preferred method of application, since brushes tend to exaggerate my redness and dry patches/texture and damp beautyblenders tend to draw moisture off my skin since water can be quite drying on my skintype and with this particular product it also sheeres out the coverage and lessens the blurring/diffusing effect imo.

The package is great, the tube keeps the product sanitary and prolongs the antioxidants. You have to squeeze it a bit in the beginning to help the pump to work by getting any air out that might block the pump action. But once that is done the pump works very well and you can adjust the amount that comes out quite well for a pump product.

It comes with an SPF of 20 that is a mixture of mineral and chemical sunscreen. Personally I could do without SPF in this product. (I don't believe much in layering SPF and I think those compounds usually make foundations less perfectly working). I am not however bothered by this particular SPF content. But those of you who dislike chemical sunscreens or those of you who find mineral sunscreens irritating should be aware that there is quite a bit of sunscreen in this product.

Who do I think will not like this product?
-Those of you who have very fair skin. The lightest shade is not porcelain enough, I assume.
-Those of you who have quite a bit of uneven skin tone and/or major texture issues.
-Unsure, but very oily skintypes may find this more sheer than I do with my dry and dehydrated skin.
-Those of you who really dislike applying foundation with your fingers
-Those of you who want full coverage and feel more comfortable with covering imperfections rather than evening them out and want a completely flawless finish.

Who might like this product:
-Those of you who have a similar skin type like me. Mature, dry, dehydrated with some unevenness, some sensitivity/redness, some textural issues and pores that blurs more effectively by plumping them out rather than masking them or covering them with silicone primers and heavier pigmented products.
- Those who look for a light to light medium coverage, one step up from tinted moisturiser but not full on foundation or bb cream and want a more natural skin like result where some imperfections may show through.
-Those who spend most of their time in daylight outdoor li

on 11/10/2016 6:29:00 PM

This is my HG of all bb creams. So first off, the coverage is sheer. I have good skin, so all I really need is something to even me out and this does a great job. It sinks right in and it's fairly matte. I love that it never leaves me with a makeup-y or caked looked- I'm always paranoid about looking like I have makeup on instead of well, just looking good.

on 10/5/2016 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This review is for a sample I received with my UD order. I got the shade medium light which is supposed to be good for those with UD shades from 3.5-4.0. I usually wear 4.0 in the Naked Skin foundation. I found the One and Done to be a little too light for me but nothing a little bronzer couldn't fix.

Coverage was pretty good considering this is considered a CC cream with sheer coverage. I did have to follow up with concealer on some dark sunspots. I do wish it had more coverage like the IT Cosmetics CC cream. However UD is cheaper at $34 for 1.3 oz.

Performance of this foundation was top notch. I used the UD Optical Blurring Brush to blend it in and it did so effortlessly. Makes me look like I'm not wearing foundation and I love that it already ahs SPF 20 built in. I applied this foundation at 5:30 am and took it off at about 6 pm after I spent an hour at the gym. My skin still looked flawless without touch ups. I would definitely purchase the full size!

on 7/26/2016 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really love this. Most BB creams or tinted moisturizers are greasy with not enough coverage and don't last. This rectifies all of those issues and has a good SPF 30. I wear Medium on my NC30 skintone. I also love the packaging which is a tube with a pump. Great product.