Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done

2.7

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I thought I would love this because of the weightless feel and sheer look but it was too sheer. However it would emphasize any and all dry flakes and seemed to dry my skin out. It also congregated along my jawline and oxidized there to a peachy hue. I bought in light and in the majority of my face that was my color. It's a weird product. It's not a foundation or a BB cream or even enough coverage to be a TM. It's not great as a primer. And it doesn't have enough SPF with it's paltry SPF20 to be good for sunscreen. So I couldn't justify the price for something that was well....nothing.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I tried this bc I've gotten into sheer foundations lately and I used to love the Naked Skin liquid foundation (shade 12). I tested the deep shade on the back of my hand in the store and thought it looked pretty good - at least worth a try. Unfortunately the deep shade is not only too light, but has a very ashy grey cast. I kept it on hoping it would oxidize or blend better with wear, and it got marginally better, but the product just doesn't seem to sink in. Just sitting on the surface clinging to every dry spot. The pigmentation/coverage was good enough and it did blur my imperfections, but there was no added glow or prettiness. I liked the tube/pump combo and the silver ombre packaging is pretty. Ah well. Its going back to the store.

on 4/12/2016 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've only worn this for about a week, so I'm still formulating my thoughts on this. Here's what I think so far:

- packaging is attractive and the pump is nice. It did take awhile to get the pump working (I kept pressing and pressing) but it's working fine now!

- formula is between creamy and liquidy. It applies nicely with fingers or a dense synthetic brush. Application can seem kind of patchy at first, but that goes away pretty quickly.

- coverage is light and somewhat buildable. If you're looking for coverage you should look elsewhere (or perhaps just treat this as a tinted primer), but if you're good with a light coverage that may still require a concealer, you might like this.

- finish is matte. On my combo skin this stays matte all day. I think if you're at either extreme for skin type (very dry or very oily) you may not care for this. It can feel a little bit tight on my dry areas, but it only clings to dry spots minimally. The best part of this is how well it reduces the appearance of pores--this gives me baby skin! Even though I said the finish is matte, it's almost luminous in that it gives that "soft focus" effect.

- longevity is good. I haven't had issues with this breaking up after a long day (8-10 hrs). I appreciate that this stuff lasts well!

- the shade range is kind of terrible. I got the lightest shade, but it's not a great match. Even though it is sheer coverage, it would be nice to be able to chose between different undertones..

- misc.: it's kind of challenging to remove completely. I haven't noticed that it's reduced the appearance of my pores in general. I like that it has spf but I will still wear sunscreen underneath when I'm outside.