Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 1/12/2019 4:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm fifty-five, and like a light foundation.

Skin: Combination, thank you HRT (really), with some fine lines and small spider veins I want to hide. I am one half Native American and the other is Swedish. In the summer I have darker skin, (that is neutral, neither very cool, nor warm), in the winter? I feel like my skin is so light, it's see-through. I have found the Medium Light to be the most versatile for my skin, year round.

I no longer need to hide acne, but I need SPF, more than ever, now. I use a moisturizer with SPF in it, but it's hardly enough. You need far more SPF than you suspect you do. My skin gets congested with too much on in a single layer, so I layer my SPF. While it would be heavenly if SPF was layered up to offer greater protection, your moisture is 30, your base is 30 and you get 60 SPF, it's not like that. I aim for an SPF of 20 because sweat and life take it off. This is not a product I use alone for my SPF, but with the other products I use, it's perfect.

I would not call it buildable, or more than a nice dewy finish, but it's perfect for my needs. The shade range is not huge, but this is not a true foundation. I wash my face in the morning, use any serums, (The Ordinary Vitamin F, and Cerave Day for the day), allow those to sink in and use my Urban Decay One and Done. I cover my face, and neck making sure it's blended. I get a fresh, clean, dewy and not overdone look. Which is exactly what I want. If I'm going out and want more coverage, I use a concealer, but I don't use it often. While this is not what I would call buildable, it is light, does a decent job of hydration, without making me look like an oil slick, even on hot days and has been good over a very dry winter for my area, so far. I have an excellent foundation, but at 55, too much is way too much on my skin and ages me.

The not so wonderful? It is not buildable. In order to get more coverage, I can mix this with my foundation, and that seems to do the trick. I use a very small amount of a good foundation, mixed with my fingers in clean hands, and apply with a brush or Beauty Blender. This works for almost all of my needs, my other products go on smoothly and I have seen good results. I also had very, VERY, oily skin until last year and this was perfect for it as well.

Is this the best ever? Not for everyone, but for my needs, it's my Holy Grail basic for my needs. I would buy it again and I have. I always have a backup ready. I open one, I trot off to make sure I have another one. I've tried other CC creams, PuR and Nars, as well as Neutrogena Acne (my favorite before my change of life), and this is not oily, greasy, too shiny. I don't need powder and at my age, it ages me. The smallest amount where my blush goes on, that's it. The wear time is not great, about 4 hours, but I don't mine reapplying if I must. I keep an older one on hand in my purse for re-application, along with my blush.

I'm traveling more this year and this is perfect for that.

While it's not for everyone, this is my favorite and will be as long as I can get my hands on it.

Pros:
SPF
Light and airy
Not pore clogging
looks dewy, not cakey
Pump. It can get product on the cap, but I wipe those down once a week on all my pump applicators.
Looks good with finger as applicator.
Super sheer, but noticable to me, coverage. I've been asked why my skin looks so good without makeup, when I'm wearing my One and Done. Weird, because NO ONE ever complimented my skin, ever, before menaupause. It only happens when I am wearing this.

Cons:
SPF has a limited ability to hold up all day. On sunny days when I am outside more, I use more SPF under it. I do expect this, so it's not a problem for me personally. I have had friends complain that they must re-apply for best SPF protection, during the day, and washing off SPF during the day is a pain. I do not pile on more product and a separate moisturizer on top of this is not ideal.

Not buildable. Not a problem for me, but other's would hate it, and I would have when I had cystic acne, it's not high hiding nor buildable.

It will not hold up on a long night of dancing, etc. It's not meant to, but it can be a disappointment if you want your look to last. At those times, I use a very nice foundation, which can switch.

Limited shade range, but the shades are meant to cover a broad range, and I do find that they do, with my very fair winter skin and my reddish/brown summer complexion. Again, I'm 1/2 Native American and my skin tans, with very little sun. At my fairest and darkest, this barely hits the range to cover, but I have two foundation shades, so this does cover a wide range.

Bottom Line: I am thrilled with this. I sometimes think about testing others, and I do intend to try the It Cosmetics, just in case they discontinue this, but I have been using makeup so long, I know when I'm happy.

on 10/28/2018 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

It’s ok. It makes a decent every day foundation especially if you need SPF. I have the darkest shade which I believe is deep and it’s an ok shade but I’m thinking the spf makes it look almost grayish when applied. I had to use my bronzer to counteract the gray cast. It did wear well and didn’t become crazy oily after several hours. I’ll finish the tube but won’t repurchase.

on 5/8/2016 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Disclaimer: This review is not just for the Urban Decay One and Done, but also for the Urban Decay Naked Skin Beauty Balm. If you have relatively good skin and want good protection on non-high-sun days (for those I use a high SPF sunscreen) then you can blend these two products to achieve an air-brushed and luminous (without the sparkle) finish. I have yet to meet a sheer makeup I like and like to experiment with tinted sunscreen. I use the trifecta of skin care: antioxidant (in my case the IS clinical vitamin c Pro-heal formula), a retinoid (alternate with retin a micro and Avene retrinal) and sunscreen. I have really good skin because I have always taken care of it but want to take the appearance when I go out to the next level. If I want a more 'make up' look, I go heavier on the One and Done and less on the Beauty Balm. The reverse for a more natural finish. Try blending the two and I bet you will really like it!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is a decent tinted moisturizer. However, I don't see this as anything beyond a tinted moisturizer. The claim One and Done? I don't agree with that claim. Here is why. First of all, it does have SPF20 which is a good thing. But, most base products now on the market already have an SPF in it. This is not a brand new concept. Secondly, if you are someone with very oily skin like me, you will still need to apply a primer before this product as well as setting this with powder. Lastly, if you are someone with moderate to severe dark circles, active acne and/or acne scars like me, you will also need a to still apply your corrector and concealer. At this point, this isn't a "one and done" look. If you are someone with normal to dry skin and pretty much already have nice skin, this will be a great product and the claim of this being "one and done" will be accurate.
The coverage is sheer. It will even out the skin and it will slightly cover red areas but I had to layer three times to completely cover the red in my cheeks. Even with three layers, I still needed concealer on top of it to cover my imperfections. To give an idea of the coverage if this, it is less coverage than the following tinted moisturizers: Dior, Bobbi Brown, Smashbox, Nars, Buxom and Stila.
As for the shades, they all seem to run warm. Six shades are offered in this product. Light, Medium-Light, Medium, Medium-Dark, Dark and Deep. If you already use Naked Skin, you will be able to easily find your shade. On the display, each shade has the complimentary Naked Skin shade numbers listed under the shade name. I swatched both Medium and Medium-Dark and Medium was a much better match. Medium's Naked Skin color range is 4.5-6.0. I'm 6.0 in Naked Skin. Medium-Dark was too orange and dark and the Naked skin range is 6.5-8.0.
I typically stay away from tinted moisturizers because they tend to be too hydrating for my skin type. What I love about One and Done is that it will stay a satin/matte finish. It does have the exact finish as their Naked Skin foundation which I love. This is ideal for anyone that wants a light and fresh summer base product. Once my skin clears up, I will look forward in using this more often.

Ingredients:
Active: Octinoxate 7.5%, Zinc Oxide 3.4%.

Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Lauryl Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isononyl Isononanoate, Propylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polyglyceryl-2 Isostearate, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Propanediol, Isopropyl Myristate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Chloride, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Xanthan Gum, Silica, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Aspergillus Ferment, Evodia Rutaecarpa Fruit Extract, Isoceteth-10, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Ethoxydiglycol, Propylene Carbonate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, BHT, Sorbic Acid. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.