Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done

3.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 4/19/2016 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have clear skin with uneven skin tone, with dry cheeks and under eye but oily forehead. This product works well for me, it evens out my skin tone and gives me a glowing complexion. However it doesn't cover much, it's very sheer, so I still use concealer under my eyes. It sets demi mat and I don't need to use powder. It was sold to me to use as a primer. I think it's good if you're not a foundation fan, like sheer coverage or for an everyday natural look.

on 6/20/2016 1:40:00 PM

This was a good buy for me. I decided to get it after reading the below review about its pore-minimizing properties, so thank you! First of all, the packaging is brilliant. It's a tube with a pump and attractive to boot. This is basically a tinted primer, but I find the light tint combined with the blurring and whatnot is amazing - it reminds me of my Paula's Choice sunscreen but available in a store. So yeah, it's extremely sheer but with the extra stuff in it I can get away with wearing just this for a suuuuuper natural look, but under heavier makeup it provides an extra boost for a flawless base. It does a good job smoothing out pores and provides light oil control and SPF 20. Plus it has 6 shades and you can fudge it a little since it's so sheer. They were OOS of Medium so I got Light Medium and it still looks great.

If you're wondering why get this instead of a tinted moisturizer, for me the reason is that this actually stays on my face and it blurs.

It hasn't broken me out, hasn't oxidized on me, it's $34, and I love it.

on 7/21/2018 9:57:00 AM

You know how you buy something sometimes but you don't actually expect to like it? Or not, maybe I'm just weird, but I kind of thought I would be returning this instead of loving it.

What I wanted: something I could literally slap on with my fingers before running out the door in the morning because I am Forever Late To Work.
What I got: exactly that. I did not see that coming.

Cushion foundations don't last the day for me & require some finesse on my part due to enlarged pores and dry patches. Tinted moisturizers either offer no coverage, or are foundations that are poorly named. When I said I needed fast, I meant it. No liquids, and even my favorite stick foundation requires some proper application, generally with a brush. This stuff I literally pump onto my fingertips, blend in and that is it. No setting with powder or spraying with setting spray, and I don't even use concealer. So weird. The first time I put it on I was like "well that did nothing". Literally a minute later it looked like I had concealed and set my face. "One and done" sounds like the gimmicky-est name ever, but they actually did it. I'm shocked/impressed/thrilled.

For reference I am dry/dehydrated (so, dry patches, oily patches, a general party up in here) w/rosacea, yay, and nose pores you can back a truck into.
I. Don't. Need. Pore filler. With this. *confetti emoji*

My best match is Vapour foundation stick 090, I wear Ivory in Tarte's Amazonian Clay BB cream, Fair in IT Cosmetics CC cream, and Laneige BB cushion in Porcelain is also a good match. In this I wear Light, of course, which I thought was going to be too dark and is not, possibly because it's somehow...sheer but with coverage and I....know how stupid that sounds. I hope this doesn't do me wrong in the winter, but I do use SPF like a boss so I don't think my skin-tone varies much if at all. (side note, I slapped SPF over this the other day & it looked great)

This product isn't getting any love on YouTube so it will probably get discontinued and I will cry. But if you're perpetually late/lazy you should try this before it's gone!

on 2/15/2017 11:38:00 AM

I have a lot of the same feelings on this product as previous reviewers do - it is great if you want a light, blurring tinted moisturizer but it is expensive. I have dry, aging skin and this is a lightweight product that does not settle into any of my lines or dry patches and it dries down to a not too matte finish. It really just kind of slightly perfects skin and any darker spots on my skin still show thought but they look a little less sharp. This did not break me out (IT Cosmetics CC cream did) and feels very light on my skin. I don't like heavy foundations and they usually just make my pores/lines looks worse no matter what but this is a great product that allows me to get some coverage and it still looks like my skin but just better. Others have stated there are drugstore products that work just as well as this so the cost is not justified and I would love to know what those products are as this does seem over priced at $34 a tube. Also, the shade range is too limited at six tints. I will keep buying until I can find something else cheaper.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I've been using this for a week now so I think I have a good grasp on it.

Consistency: Very light. I spread it with my fingers. It's even lighter than a moisturizer and feels quite watery. It doesn't dry too quickly or too fast, so it's just perfect.

Coverage: Thin. Very thin coverage. It doesn't cover any of my hyperpigmented scars with one layer but can definitely hide them if I add more product on top of it. I usually have to put another concealer after a layer of One and Done. This is definitely not for people with blemishes and redness, but it does even out the skin tone very well.

Finished look: Not matte, but not dewy either. It literally looks like I'm not wearing any makeup. Even in the sun it looks like I just have flawless, even skin. I've never seen anything like this product before. Its natural finish is amazing. I have combination skin and it doesn't exacerbate my dry areas or my oily areas.

Lasting power: Looks great for around 6-8 hours, after that it starts to fade, but only slightly.

On skin: I have super sensitive, acne-prone skin, and this hasn't broken me out. Is it weird that my skin has actually improved after using this?

Packaging: Really handy and portable. Love the pump. I don't think it contains much though so I think I would have to keep repurchasing it. And I definitely will.

Final thoughts: My favorite makeup product at the moment. I've always wanted to wear a BB Cream/Foundation that's really light and natural and evens out my skin tone without breaking me out. This can definitely be used for an everyday thing. I hope Urban Decay never stops producing these!

on 5/25/2016 6:51:00 PM

This foundation/BB Cream was a huge disappointment for me. First of all the color was a shock. Usually I am a 0.5 in their HD Foundation which is a bit too light for me. I ordered shade "light" according to the recommendation on the website. But unfortunately the cream came out quite yellowish/apricot and suprisingly dark (approx. MAC NC 15, which is too dark for us fair girls). With a lot of blending you can still make it work for fair skin but the strong yellowish/apricot undertone makes it look weird on neutral to reddish undertones even though the coverage is rather light. The consistency is pretty much like Bobbi Brown's BB Cream. It's a bit difficult to spread as it's quite thick. It instantly clings to dry patches and therefore ends up looking uneven. Additionally my face looked super dry. I found this formula quite drying and after a while of wearing it my face felt really tight (even though I was using moisturiser underneath). I have combination oily skin with super oily T-Zone and very dry cheeks as I am in a constant battle against dermatitis/eczema which leaves my skin super dry with a lots of small spots in that area. If I use drying products the breakouts will get worse. Unfortunately this happend after wearing this Cream for a day. So I had to stop using it. Basically the formula is not irritating but it dried out my skin and thus worsened my dermatitis. I would not recommend this to anyone with dry skin. Considering its matte finish and rather drying feel one would probably assume that it is awesome for Oily skin. But on my very oily T-Zone it didn't keep the shine at bay for long and after a while this BB Cream felt heavy on my skin.

I think people with normal to slightly oily skin might be happy with this as their summer foundation as it provides a light coverage and a bit of sunscreen. I think for me it mainly didnt work because it emphasized any dry part (thus looking patchy) and dried my skin out even more. Also the color range for pale skin is quite bad but that doesnt necessarily make it a bad product.

on 10/6/2017 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I went into Ulta with the intention of buying Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue. I needed a TM for the cooler months with sunscreen and like that formula. Urban Decay was having a sale event at the front of the store and one of their reps offered to color match me for this instead. The gel like formula is similar in that it gives a radiant finish and light coverage. This dries down a bit more satin than the dewy CR and is less emollient so it's easier to build up and set for medium coverage. I have some melasma from a recent pregnancy and some redness and it evened things out pretty well and feels great on the skin. It's not gonna cover completely but I'm not trying to look like a mannequin just polished and evened out. So far this doesn't cake, settle or move around. I did set with powder in my oily t-zone and its lasted 10 hours until I washed it off. The Spf is a 20 with both a physical and chemical sunscreen for broad spectrum protection. I react pretty quickly to some chemical sunscreens like avobenzene usually within 20 minutes my face starts to burn and itch but so far so good with this one.

The con for me is the extremely limited color range with no neutrals. I was matched to light-medium and if the coverage was any heavier I wouldn't be able to wear this when I havent had any sun. I'm usually a medium neutral in other brands but this shade has a lot of yellow. It works but a more neutral shade would have been better. Because it's not an opaque formula it's pretty forgiving but there is nothing here for those with very fair, olive or neutral skin tones. I was surprised by that since UD has a decent range of colors in their foundation. A few more would be great here. Great finish and formula but crappy color selection.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

SELECTED SHADE: medium dark (NC37/40 for reference)
SKIN TYPE: combination
METHOD OF APPLICATION: sponge

PROS

- demi matte finish
- easy to apply
- blurs imperfections
- lightweight
- light to medium coverage

CONS

- longevity (although its not stated to be long wearing)
- packaging (pump doesn't work too well)
- settles into fine lines

COMMENTS: Love the finish of this, though I find myself having to dispense quite a bit of product to cover my face. The consistency is on the thicker side. You can get a solid medium coverage with this. You’ll definitely need a good setting spray, as the longevity is quite poor and will start fading considerably after a few hours. It will settle into fine lines and the pump isn’t the best. Its not a terrible product, nor is it the best. I just don’t think it’s worth the price in the end.

Will not repurchase.

on 10/5/2016 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a very interesting BB/TM/foundation. The idea that I could use one product and I'd be done, made me really want to like this.

The consistency is a light liquid formula, that has some kind of powdery texture to it. When I apply this, it's usually over moisturiser and primer. On the skin, it sinks in quickly, with a matte finish. The feel of the product is great but the look not so much. I apply two layers and don't really get much coverage. When using my hands I've noticed this white film attach to my fingers. Not too sure what that is. Love the packaging and the cost per gram is the same as my NARS TM.

The actual product does help diffuse pore size for me but overall I can't use this as a primer, as it looses the whole purpose of being one and done.

If you like sheer coverage and a matte finish, I think you might like this.

on 6/12/2016 7:00:00 AM

I think this is a must face product for the summer and definitely for anyone wanting light coverage with a glow. And please note it isn't very buildable, so it's really for a natural look, but with a very nice coverage after one application. I have very dark undereye circles and you definitely need a concealer with this if you have the same issue. I also have rosacea (cheeks & nose) and it covered it not to badly after one application and with a spot-dab effect, it did cover my cheeks and partially my nose (so again, conceal.) I'm combination skin, NC40-42 (but I'm less orangy), near perfect match is YSL Touche Eclat Le Teint BD60 (spring), Lancôme Teint Visionnaire 045 (summer), Urban Decay Naked Skin 6.0 (winter), Natasha Denona Face Glow 42 (winter to spring,and must try!) is also a great match for me. I hope this helps with your color selection. I purchased this product in medium. Medium dark would work after a tan (or if you have a tad more golden/orange need.